• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Skegness sea monster?

Trio of seals..... maybe? Too seperately-shaped/ closely-spaced, to be the coiled humps of a (stereotypically-conventional) serpentine sea monster.

Unless it's a compressed one.

I'm not an expert but it looks like CGI to me - colour and sharpness of "tentacles" are much different to the rest (blurry water for example).

Could be anything. But I'd guess at inflatable floating marks - could relate to fishing, or could be marks (intended to mark out the course for a sailing race) not yet deployed to their final positions.

but it's so.....bracing!]

are you sure you've not been Ryn???? :p

Rynner doing the back stroke ?

What with all the human waste and pollution in the sea somethings got to give eventually - or mutate. Has there been any reports down in Cromer of swimmers glowing in the dark? Im sure it happens up here :D

Now several miles north of skeggy in Mablethorpe...well they would welcome such things cos for one its boring in that sea town and glowing mutations would boost the number of depressed holiday makers.

Ive braved those freezing cold waves and on several occasions Ive spotted seals nearby. They're very inquisitive creatures that always startle you when you spot their head bobbing above the water.

I thought at first it was the sticky up bits of a sub, but, twasnt, lots of things fall off of the ships that move thro those seas, so could be anything. Did the nutter drop the camera in the sea at the end?

I just looked again and it looked like people with their arms up waving, in scuba gear

Smeggy Skeggy! Ive roamed along your shores matey and nearly froze to death...mind you, erm Skeggies like that all year round so I `ll get my coat...
My current non native shores are North Norfolk George .. I haven't got fond memories of Skeggy .. I worked in an amusement arcade there as a youth and the owner tried to frame me after robbing himself. The police quickly sorted that one out as, after they'd kicked in the door to my rented room (I was told by my landlady), later intel revealed that it was almost twenty grand in loose change .. I would have needed a lot of wheel barrows or a small lorry under the heavily CCTV camera'd street to pull that one off. I was also beaten up by three blokes and punched through a window because they somehow assumed I'd be taking the till's float home with me in my back pack. My Dad travelled from Staffordshire to help me out on that one. Skeggy had a good basketball court though and the Fantasy Island raves were pretty good.

My current non native shores are North Norfolk George .. I haven't got fond memories of Skeggy .. I worked in an amusement arcade there as a youth and the owner tried to frame me after robbing himself. The police quickly sorted that one out as, after they'd kicked in the door to my rented room (I was told by my landlady), later intel revealed that it was almost twenty grand in loose change .. I would have needed a lot of wheel barrows or a small lorry under the heavily CCTV camera'd street to pull that one off. I was also beaten up by three blokes and punched through a window because they somehow assumed I'd be taking the till's float home with me in my back pack. My Dad travelled from Staffordshire to help me out on that one. Skeggy had a good basketball court though and the Fantasy Island raves were pretty good.

Yes I think you've shared that before. Ive had a bad experience at Skeg-Vegas myself that involved a women.

At my previous address I had a good nieghbour in her 60s who liked my company and liked her whiskey too. At least one evening a week we`d catch up on things with the odd glass of her whiskey - bloody hang-overs from hell the following morning. Anyhows, one evening a friend of hers joined us who she seemed kind, friendly and sincere. She`d just split up with her partner and needed help clearing things out of her very large house and also her 8-birth caravan at Skegness. I volunteered to help where I could which meant a stay over in her caravan. Thats when things got bizarre and I saw this womens true colours and mental problems. Within 2 hours of getting to the coast her character changed, she kept asking me what I was doing, why I was doing this etc - all I was doing was loading furniture into her van. I shrugged her odd behaviour off and carried on. That evening she prepared some food - salad. jacket potatoes and cheese. She watched me eat - what I could - the food was off. She criticized me for leaving most of it and exploded when I suggested we visit the nearest bar to chill out. Later she took some medication and her mood improved, but confusingly - she still asked why I hadnt eaten my meal and tried to scold me for wasting her food.o_O Everytime I tried to explain something to her, she picked another argument with me. :mad: I went to bed early that night fuming and was awoken the next morning to her looking at me, she was shaking me awake and shouting "get out!". I wasnt amused by this, got up and was shown clothes and ripped up newspaper that had be thrown around the lounge area. She blamed me, I`d had enough and got my things. I told her that she needed serious help and left. She shouted back to me an offering of tea and toast (her meds must have been kicking in) So there I was at 5.30 am half awake, cold and fuming. It took hours for the train to arrive. I just had enough cash on me to get home. Grrrrrrrrr

Yes I think you've shared that before. Ive had a bad experience at Skeg-Vegas myself that involved a women.

At my previous address I had a good nieghbour in her 60s who liked my company and liked her whiskey too. At least one evening a week we`d catch up on things with the odd glass of her whiskey - bloody hang-overs from hell the following morning. Anyhows, one evening a friend of hers joined us who she seemed kind, friendly and sincere. She`d just split up with her partner and needed help clearing things out of her very large house and also her 8-birth caravan at Skegness. I volunteered to help where I could which meant a stay over in her caravan. Thats when things got bizarre and I saw this womens true colours and mental problems. Within 2 hours of getting to the coast her character changed, she kept asking me what I was doing, why I was doing this etc - all I was doing was loading furniture into her van. I shrugged her odd behaviour off and carried on. That evening she prepared some food - salad. jacket potatoes and cheese. She watched me eat - what I could - the food was off. She criticized me for leaving most of it and exploded when I suggested we visit the nearest bar to chill out. Later she took some medication and her mood improved, but confusingly - she still asked why I hadnt eaten my meal and tried to scold me for wasting her food.o_O Everytime I tried to explain something to her, she picked another argument with me. :mad: I went to bed early that night fuming and was awoken the next morning to her looking at me, she was shaking me awake and shouting "get out!". I wasnt amused by this, got up and was shown clothes and ripped up newspaper that had be thrown around the lounge area. She blamed me, I`d had enough and got my things. I told her that she needed serious help and left. She shouted back to me an offering of tea and toast (her meds must have been kicking in) So there I was at 5.30 am half awake, cold and fuming. It took hours for the train to arrive. I just had enough cash on me to get home. Grrrrrrrrr
Yup .. that sounds like Skeggy George.

Not all bad times though. In my teens I met some cracking birds there. One worked in a Arcade serving food - free burgers etc :)

Now as cracking as you are shady, Ive had to put my mug of tea down after reading that :eek::D

Now as cracking as you are shady, Ive had to put my mug of tea down after reading that :eek::D
Muhahahahahahahaa :p I worked in the arcade on the market side, i think it was The Carousel :pI also worked in the chip shop on the other side of road, and the one next to the bakery that sold burgers hot dogs etc
Old friends!!!
You never know lol tho i doubt it ;)

Muhahahahahahahaa :p I worked in the arcade on the market side, i think it was The Carousel :pI also worked in the chip shop on the other side of road, and the one next to the bakery that sold burgers hot dogs etc
You never know lol tho i doubt it ;)

My mind is taking a trip down memory lane. bugger! :D

Crazy coincidence! I was also a griddle cook in the Skeggy arcade ! ....... every day I was told to take my wages out of the till and leave a note which I did .. one day my boss bizarrely freaked about me doing it and sacked me on the spot .. I now realise he was just setting me up for his insurance job robbery ..

Coincidence indeed :eek:
And anybody else got an idea what Georges thing is?
Before the mods get us :p

Back