• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Street Light Interference

Zoe,

Perhaps you react strongly to negative ions present in the air before a storm. I react in a positive way...have always loved storms. :)

zoe said:
I have had strange problems during electrical storms, sometimes I feel as if I am having some kind of fit and also experience REM eye movements. As soon as the rain starts falling all symptoms disapear and I can actually feel the change coming over me. One time I opened the window once the rain started because I was particularly bad and felt as if I was being pushed by a force. I assume all this is electrical. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Might be (BTW the eye movements are called nystagmus) on the other hand I've never seen any proof that such experiences are caused by ions/electric fields. Or, for that matter what part of brain function is being affected. You are definitely not the only one, my symptoms feel like migraine precursors and those others I've met have had varying degrees of severity to the effects.

txlibrarian said:
Off on a bit of a tangent:

My television (Phillips 19") seems to be receiving instructions from a person or persons unknown. At random times the on-screen display shows the volume increasing or decreasing. Channels change without my input. Twice the entire system (TV, DVD, satellite) shut down by itself.

The system uses an infrared remote, so I blocked the windows in the room. Makes no difference.

I've not noticed any correlation between this behavior and my moods (or any correlation at all). Any thoughts?

Our VCR and TV remotes dislikes the Fluro lights when they've just been turned on. Volume will continue going up or down, channels change, turn off and on, etc.

It last for about 5 minutes then stops and is fine. we suspect it's something to do with the frequency of the light when it's first switched on being similar to the remote frequency as well.:confused:

Maybe this is a little off topic, but we had a strange effect in my father-in-laws' house, where the volume or channel would change on the TV quite often when his dog would enter the living room. Sometimes the TV would even switch itself off - all very mysterious... Until we hit the answer: My father-in-law has one of those old fashioned ultrasound remotes, and the dogs wears a few metal tags that tinkle as he walks. Some of that tinkling must hit the same frequencies as the remote and activates certain functions on the TV! :p

Street lights

Ok, this has been happening to me for a year now. Whenever I'm in the car at night spacing out, a street light or two goes out when I pass it. One time, I was at an intersection and all four lights went out at the same time. It's happened too often to be a cooincidence. I've tried to research it, but I haven't found anything. If anyone has an idea of what this could possibly be, I would really appreciate a response. Thanx.

SLS

Our kid used to blab on about the streetlights goin out as he walked under em....he was sure it was physic thing..you best get him to tell you......:confused:
ps is this the quickest message of 2002:D I'm sad ..hehehehehe

Affecting things in general

While we are on the subject: I meditate twice a day and a few years ago I went through a phase of my stereo turning itself on and off and things in my room , on shelves etc, falling over.

Also when on meditation courses I seem to have a lot of trouble with watches stopping, upon discussing this with others on the course I discovered this to be a common experience with our type of meditation which releases deep stresses including anger, joy etc. It looks like a nervous system that is 'excited' in some way is the connection between the different experiences in this thread

;)

1st Post

No, I managed one right on the dot of midnight, so got

You where spot on there Rynner... I must try harder..!!
There's always next year..:mad: :D ..!!!

I like the idea that the street light thingy is related to sexual tension. I can only turn them off when I'm thinking about sex. So there's a fairly constant pool of darkness around me, as I'm sure you can imagine. I have terrible problems in shopping centres and libraries with metal shelves. My poor fingertips look like well done steak. I can feel when there is a television on in the same building as me, even big buildings. I hate TV anyway, the fact that it makes my face go all tingly doesn't endear it to me any.

This is just a test...

s32 randseed; // signed 32bit store

int random(void)
{
return (((randseed = randseed * 214013L + 2531011L) >> 16) & 0x7fff);
}

Inverurie Jones said:
I like the idea that the street light thingy is related to sexual tension. I can only turn them off when I'm thinking about sex....
This is going to create a lot of difficulty when she (who you will meet one day) says "No, love, don't turn off the light" :D

reet lamp interference

LET US SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL

If you live in the Lewisham area of London there is a street lamp that regularly turns off as as walk under it. Anyone else who has experienced the streetlamp phenomena and happens to be in the area should walk under it to see if it happens to them.

LAMP LOCATION

Coming out of Tesco through the gates onto Connington Road, the lamp isthe one nearest the corner of the road that leads to the petrol station and carpark, on the left had side of the road (Which you are on if you have justleft Tesco as I usually have)

:D

Reet lamp interference.... jesus christ:hmph:

I could probably do with a Hands of Orlac type transplant but not the hands of a murderer, more the hands of a typist. :hmph: ;)

Street lamp, street lamp... not reet lamp, not reet lamp

sli

I've had street lamps going off as I near then coming back on after im a few feet away, it also happens when im driving around, it usually occurs when im pissed off or very depressed. I do wear thick rubber heels, a buddy of mine came up with the theory that the gov. uses street lamps as a way of identifying people in the general populace with psychic abilities??????

i live in a college town in the US, and the streetlights almost always go off when i walk past them - sometimes even turn on if they are off. I've also noticed that I don't always have to touch my cd player or tv to skip songs, change channels, press play, stop, whatever - just get my finger in the general vicinity of the button. my theory is that some people are just charged up and can't help it if we're electric, baby ;)

Well, for that button thing. You do have en electromagnetic field naturally. I guess if yours is a bit stronger it wouldn't be a problem to simply induce power in the circuit of the button.

we can't all have super powers

well,I have mixed feelings about not being the only one who has this 'power'.
sorta glad i'm not alone, and sorta pissed i'm not special. although I guess we should all form some sort of electric themed super team. enough of us might could shut down a city or thwart a nuclear attack or something.

suffice to say,if I approach an on light, it turns off- and an off light turns on. I can do this in cars also,but mostly on foot. Often just looking at a light down the street has one of these effects. I also manipulate flourescent lights indoors if the ceilings are low enough. At my job now they have given up on replacing the ones over my seat at the Oce' printer because we've gone through five in a year. I constantly get shocked by my car getting in or out (though I hear draining batteries can do this) and I also shock my fiance' at first touch or kiss-regardless of weather 8 times out of ten.

similarly powered feel free to email me

I've noticed the streetlight thing too. The one outside my house seemed to be forever going off and on, so I called the hydro co. to get it fixed. The girl laughingly said something about all the calls they get from people who think they are effecting the lights somehow. (!) As Michael Jones said way above, it is caused by the cycling effect. (Bummer! I thought it was me :( )

Dunno about the TV & stuff going off and on. Doesn't seem impossible that the human electrical field might have some effect on electrical equipment in some cases.

A few years ago they were building a business park near to where I live and I started walking the dog there. Sometimes as I walked sodium street lights would go out as I passed. I didn't make a connection 'till one night there was a guy walking about 150 yards ahead of me and as he walked the odd light would go out as he passed underneath. When he'd gotten about 100 yards away they'd come back on.

The next night as I walked there I noticed that the same lights that had gone out the night before with the other guy were going out as I passed beneath them too! It was happening with 3 particular lights. I repeated this performance over and over on following nights. Sometimes on the return journey one or two of them would go out again, but not always.

I told my son about it and he came along to see for himself. Before we started down the road I pointed out which lights would go out, and sure enough they did. We'd often watch other people walk there to see if it happened to them. Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't.

It must have been happening to a lot of other people elsewhere too 'cos we saw something on TV about it and apparently the people who caused it to happen were known a "Sliders".

Funny thing is that it stopped happening after Hale Bopp passed by....

Not making light of this(!) but, when my 'significant other half' is at the appropriate point in the Lunar calendar, our bulbs don't last two minutes! Especially when she's pi**ed off!

Leggit!:D

How do car alarms work?

Walking up the town this am a car alarm went off (Noisy thing, I thought) but when I walked past the car the noise suddenly stopped. I looked around to see if the car owner was in sight, with his remote zapper, but saw no-one else looking interested.

Was it my presence that shut it off, or do these things have a time limit? (I estimate it was going for 20-30 secs)

Car alarms have a time limit, depending on the type of alarm fitted.

I also have noticed one particular street light turning off when i walk under it. Its only one and it always either turns off or on at exaclty the point that i walk under it?????
I gotta admit i'm pretty stoned whenever i walk under it!!

Chopstix

One of the reasons that i began to look at this site is because this phenomena happens to me on an almost weekly basis.The strange thing is that people i am with don't appear to notice that the lights have either come on or gone off as we are passing them.
Oddly enough my young kids do seem to notice and remark on it.

Streetlamps

I have noticed a strange phenomenon that has been happening to me all my life, and I have yet to be able to explain. It happens to some other people I know as well.
In my hometown (has happened in other places also), while driving or walking around at night, the streetlamps will turn off when I walk under them, and turn back on once I pass. It doesn't always happen, but I notice it quite often. It happens to my boyfriend a lot too. The streetlamps are on timers, and I thought perhaps it was just coincedence (happened to be passing by at the right moment) But I have tested it by going by different times, different days, ect.
A long time ago I was walking at night with my ex, and he saw that happen when we walked under a light. He told me some legend that it means I am going to die young or something like that, but I don't remember exactly what he said. I think he was just spitting bull anyways, but still...creepy...
Does this ever happen to any of you guys? I don't think it means anything dark or evil, I have been long searching for a logical explanation. Its just odd because it happens too often to be random coincedence. Any thoughts?
-aNdi

WOW!

Oh My God I love this freakin website soooo much!!! I have found out so many of the weird things that have happened to me have happened to others! I have wondered for so long if the streetlamp thing ever happened to anyone else, and now I know it does! WOW!
Gosh sorry to sound so dorky, but SERIOUSLY before I found this website I never knew (besides my boyfriend) anyone else experianced things like me. I'm glad to have found all you kind folks. Thanks! :D

Back