• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Teletubbies/Nazi/Grey Conspiracy (!)

I always find the baby in the sun very sinister with connections to solar cults and 12' lizards from the lower forth dimension.

Good Point

Yeah, Have to agree with that last comment

Windwhistler, I don't think you're a paranoic. You've got a good angle on it. Come back to this thread now!

During the opening credits, Tinky Winky can clearly be heard to say "Hanky Wanky!"
What kind of an example is this to set our kids?

QUOTE]During the opening credits, Tinky Winky can clearly be heard to say "Hanky Wanky!" [/QUOTE]

Encourages nice, tidy habits in later life? Good onyer, Tink. ;)

One thing they missed on the crossroads site is the Chthonic deity (the one who says time for bed):lol:

JamesWhitehead said:
Mike_Pratt33 said:
I always find the baby in the sun very sinister with connections to solar cults and 12' lizards from the lower forth dimension.

Funny you should say that:

http://www.crossroad.to/text/articles/t ... 10-99.html

:shock:

I was looking for something else, honest. :oops:

LOL. I wonder what the creators of Teletubbies think of all the weird reactions they have gotten from adults and parents of the children who watches the show? Perhaps:
"- WTF! All I wanted to do was create a F..king childrens show! It's not like the Illuminati wanted us to make it or anything" - or something like that.

Hmm, can someone explain to me the connection between being alien-sympathizing, subvocal, homosexual, technocratic and Nazi???

As I recall the Nazis weren't over-keen on homosexuality (although they'd have been fairly keen to meet some aliens perhaps).

And how many subvocal technocrats have you met lately?

Perhaps this book is, in fact, the work of aliens... :shock:

karlmarxismydad said:
Hmm, can someone explain to me the connection between being alien-sympathizing, subvocal, homosexual, technocratic and Nazi???

As I recall the Nazis weren't over-keen on homosexuality (although they'd have been fairly keen to meet some aliens perhaps).

And how many subvocal technocrats have you met lately?

Perhaps this book is, in fact, the work of aliens... :shock:

I work for one for a start! Then there's that Goebels (sp?) fella...
:?

So, i guess the question is, does the author just write this stuff to sell books, or do we have another raving lunatic to waste air on in this world?

karlmarxismydad said:
Think of Star Trek's Borg in nice leather caps, and you're about there, I reckon.

karlmarxismydad said:
:shock: the borg are gay??:shock:
I've never seen anything to suggest that they're not gay. "PICK UP THE SOAP! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!" I'm not sure, though, to be honest, which is why I suggested the addition of the leather caps as an aid to the imagination! Perhaps I was, as usual, being a bit silly. It happens.

*cannot believe this thread is still going*

That's a point actually. Who remembers the teletubbies? They seemed so culturally significant back in the day.

H_James said:
That's a point actually. Who remembers the teletubbies? They seemed so culturally significant back in the day.

Wait twenty years for all the kids who grew up with them to get jobs in television production and you won't be able to move for Teletubbies again. I'm just dreading the Mr Blobby revival, myself.

Now stop all that talk of Gay Nazi's that even more bloody frightening than the real nazi's :O

EG:
"Jawohl you vill be BUMMED until you talk!"
:O

. And if, perchance, you were to make the wrong choice, don't lament when your child becomes an alien-sympathizing, subvocal, homosexual, technocratic Nazi.

What on earth does homosexuality have to do with any of it?

The person who wrote it is clearly a homophob

What's got me stumped is this whole subvocal thing. What on Earth (or any other planet) does the author mean???

It all so much bollocks...

The subvocal thing is because the teletubbies communicate in funny noises rather than with words, this isn't the first person to imagine than this would hinder the development of chidren's language skills...similar things were said the about the original Bill & Ben Flowerpot Men in the 50s and 60s.....slobadop

There's no call for that kind of language, Timble.

Hands an odd smelling cigarette over.

Weeeeeeeeed?

An old joke, but appropriate.

karlmarxismydad said:
:shock: the borg are gay??:shock:

They do have a Queen who is the only one with any personality or freedom in the whole mob. But that's not typical of all gays, just a sub-type.

Subvocal?

Ba?

These books are designed (or perhaps evolved) to delightfully terrorize and empower middle class women, who buy most of the books, and who are neurotic about the chances of their little darling to get into the right schools (starting with pre-school, creche, kindergarten, whatever you call it) and the right career.

It is all due to the evils of (insert name here).

The great thing about the books is that, as some wit observed, there's always a massive oversupply of cheap advice as nobody ever takes any and every one has plenty to spare to offer to others (maybe I said that). But, of course, many of the authors are loons also.

The normal subvocal communication of teenagers and children is attributed to whatever the fad bogey of the moment may be.

Television, comic books, video games, iPod, the Internet... the list will not end.

ttaarraass said:
*cannot believe this thread is still going*
And there's more... :D

Teletubbies return to CBeebies with new episodes

The Teletubbies are to return to CBeebies with a new series - the first produced since 2001.
The BBC has ordered 60 new episodes of the show featuring Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po.
The series will be filmed on a replica set - instead of its original location in Warwickshire - and "enhanced by CGI" to give it a more "contemporary look".

Teletubbies ran for 365 episodes from March 1997 to January 2001 and became a worldwide phenomenon.
The show has been broadcast in more than 120 countries in 45 languages.

The commission comes after Canadian company DHX Media acquired Ragdoll Worldwide - which produced the original series - last September.

The new episodes will be made by UK production company Darrall Macqueen, who also make Baby Jake and the new Topsy and Tim series for CBeebies.

"I think that now is the right time to create new episodes of this much-loved, iconic show for the current CBeebies audience," Kay Benbow, controller of CBeebies, said.
"Teletubbies is an enduringly popular series with our youngest viewers, although no new episodes have been made for over 10 years.
"Early development and test shoots have persuaded me that CBeebies viewers are in for a wonderful treat."

Darrall Macqueen executive producer Maddy Darrall said: "To work on the new evolution of Teletubbies is like being handed the television crown jewels.
"Teletubbies changed the landscape of children's television and remains a much-loved pre-school series.
"Our creative focus is on respecting the legacy and the heritage of the original and giving it a little creative scrub-up and technological sparkle to match the viewing expectations of a new generation."

Repeats of the original series are currently being shown on CBeebies. It is not known when the new episodes will be broadcast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27834804

Bill and Ben, in the bath.

Bill says "Flobalobalobadob..."

Ben says, "If that smells, I'm going to hit you."

*runs away*

Back