• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I would love to know what David means by
“COMFAMUNSCISMZNETRCARBON”

Clearly a subliminal message in anagrammatical form. But the closest I can get out of COMMUNISM/FASCISM/ZERO/NET/CARBON is:

SOCCER C#NT FAZES MOOMIN BRAINS.

The extraneous two M's are clearly a reference to the fact that the NWO is going to initiate the great reset in the year MM / 2000. (Yes...I know - but, let's face it, chronology has never been the millenarianist's friend.)

Whilst I utterly despise what Roger Waters has turned into, I always found the lyrics to "Mother" quite profound:
Roger Waters made a valid point. That there are two sides to any argument. We only hear one side of it. The other side of the argument is also presented to us from this side.

Our so called leaders and the MSN tell us what to think about a given subject. They've been doing that since day one. Finding the truth of the matter is often so difficult because of that. We have been programmed our whole lives to act and think along specific pathways.

Well let's hope not, Cochise.
I've had 6 decades of a decent enough innings and I sincerely hope my children and grandchildren will have happy lives too.
I had to think a while before replying to this. I certainly don't want a war - after growing out of a gung ho youth I have come to believe almost all wars are provoked by those who intend to profit from them. And manipulate the visible actors - from Kaiser Wilhelm to Putin - into doing so.

'Happy' has various meanings. It's possible to be 'happy' by consuming drugs that will kill you. There is more to life than being 'happy'. Being free to do what you want, as long as it doesn't hurt other people , is more important than being 'happy'. Being driven, achieving, so many people who have achieved huge benefits for the human race, are not 'happy'.

There is a conspiracy to wrap us all in lovely pink jogging suits and tell us we are 'happy'. I won't be.

Not a tirade against you @blessmycottonsocks - just concern that the PTB's are deliberately driving us plebs down a path from which there is no return and no humanity.

Interesting article.

‘Scammer’ behind conspiracy group against Oxford’s green 15-minute cities
Exclusive: Not Our Future’s David Fleming ran firms accused of fraud, including one that promised a Covid death audit

A conspiracy group that claims a new green initiative is a front for “everlasting surveillance” is led by an alleged scam artist whose company was dissolved after taking donations for an “audit” of Covid deaths that has not been published, openDemocracy can reveal.

Not Our Future (NOF) was founded by marketing and sales professional David Fleming, 57, last year “to fight for the survival of our way of life as we know it”. Its key target is Oxford City Council’s ‘15-minute city’ scheme, which states that all vital services should be no more than 15 minutes by foot or bicycle from your front door.

Oxford’s £6.5m plan will see six traffic filters placed across the city, with drivers who do not hold permits issued fines for driving through those areas at certain times of the day.

While the plan has its detractors, NOF appears to want to drum up further objections with a bizarre conspiracy theory that this is the beginning of an “everlasting system of surveillance”, designed to forcibly prevent people from travelling outside their assigned “zone”.

It is not the first time a business owned by Fleming has promoted a conspiracy theory. In 2020, he founded Covid19 Assembly Limited, an outfit that sought “to end all Covid-related restrictions forever”, claiming they were “based on unscientific information”.

In March 2021, Covid19 Assembly announced its plan for a “Covid death audit”, claiming “there is an increasing amount of evidence that at least some deaths have been misattributed [as Covid]”. Fronted by Covid sceptic pathologist Clare Craig, the audit would “investigate every death where possible” to determine the actual cause of death.

To carry out this work, the group asked for donations, saying: “All funds are gratefully received and will go towards helping us get back to normal.”

But in April last year, Covid19 Assembly was dissolved on Companies House, the UK’s official business registrar, without ever publishing an audit or filing any accounts.

Since then, people have taken to Twitter to ask what happened to the donations. One person wrote: “With the @C19Assembly dissolved, having never filed any accounts, their ‘Covid Death Audit’ fronted by @clarecraigpath looks increasingly like fraud.” Another asked: “Where is the death audit and where is the money?”

This is not the first of Fleming’s businesses to be accused of fraud. Nine firms are assigned to Fleming on Companies House, under both David Paul Fleming and David Fleming. None appears ever to have filed accounts and seven are now dissolved.
One of these, Motorsport ETC Limited, was founded by Fleming in 2008. Around this time, Fleming – whose LinkedIn profile says he was previously a branding manager for a Formula 1 team – was a regular fixture on TenTenths, a forum for motorsports enthusiasts.
On this forum, Fleming posted adverts for his various business ventures, including one called Grand Prix Shootout (GPS). Shootouts see wannabe drivers pay hundreds or even thousands of pounds to race in front of industry professionals in the hope of being scouted by managers for big-name teams.

In 2010, Fleming offered drivers the chance to participate in GPS for an entry fee of “just £2,950 including VAT”, stating that the winner would receive “a prize fund equivalent to a season in Formula BMW Europe plus extra driver training and support”.

Responses to Fleming’s post on TenTenths question the scheme’s success, pointing out that “the two winners of [the previous year’s] scholarship are having to fund… drives themselves” and noting that GPS was eight months late filing accounts.

Another post on the thread on 30 April 2011 accused Fleming of “deleting Facebook posts on a daily basis from drivers who have paid the best part of £8,000 to enter the scholarship but not had much else from the payment”. ...

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ox...nspiracy-theory-covid-death-audit-fraud-scam/

I had to think a while before replying to this. I certainly don't want a war - after growing out of a gung ho youth I have come to believe almost all wars are provoked by those who intend to profit from them. And manipulate the visible actors - from Kaiser Wilhelm to Putin - into doing so.

'Happy' has various meanings. It's possible to be 'happy' by consuming drugs that will kill you. There is more to life than being 'happy'. Being free to do what you want, as long as it doesn't hurt other people , is more important than being 'happy'. Being driven, achieving, so many people who have achieved huge benefits for the human race, are not 'happy'.

There is a conspiracy to wrap us all in lovely pink jogging suits and tell us we are 'happy'. I won't be.

Not a tirade against you @blessmycottonsocks - just concern that the PTB's are deliberately driving us plebs down a path from which there is no return and no humanity.
I agree with that view point entirely and likewise I wasn't having a rant against @blessmycottonsocks either.

Although it has been widely reported as having been adopted by the WEF the ‘useless eaters’ phrase actually has its origins in 1950s UK cold war planning. The British goverment held strategic stockpiless of certain foods at large depots around the country from the early ‘50s to ’91, though there was never enough to satisfy all of the projected requirement. Various reports over the years suggested that the country could eke out around 30 days with the existing food stocks from shops, warehouses, farms etc.. and the strategic stockpiles would last around 20 to 25 days; they hoped that food imports from other countries would become available around 3 months after an attack. A report in 1969 stated “…current arrangements for food supplies in the UK in the aftermath of nuclear war are inadequate to prevent widespread starvation”.

It was envisaged, therefore, that emergency feeding arrangements for survivors of a nuclear strike would not start until a few weeks after the event to give time for those hopeless cases who were going to die anyway (thermal and radiation burns, blast injuries, radiation sickness, infections etc..) to do so, leaving the stockpiled food to be distributed those who would be productive in rebuilding the country. The areas with the highest levels of radioactive fallout would be designated as ‘Z Zones’ and would be sealed off by the police for up to three months after an attack, with survivors left to fend for themselves. More generally food supplies to the very young, the elderly and other people who were not economically active, such as those with disabilities, would be very limited. The planning documents rather callously referred to these groups collectively as ‘useless mouths’ or ‘useless eaters’.
Well we now have more people and import more go our food, so more evidence that it would be better to be right underneath a bomb than survive it. Thing is, there is a part of me that would want to witness the end of life as we knew it, just a sheer morbid fascination I guess coupled with always having wanted to see a nuclear bomb go bang with my own eyes. However, I have to remind myself that my death would be slow and painful, so under the bomb it is, please.

The 15 minutes city: in which the small part of the population that lives in the cities where it is introduced, has less than a 15 minute walk to the shop, the park the school, and a green space etc. That is not unlike living in a small town in the provinces, or even in a decent-sized village. I can walk from my house to a supermarket, a school, a hairdresser's, 3 pubs, a café and 2 churches.

Of course it's all a conspiracy. No one will be allowed more than 15 minutes from their home, not even the people who transport the food (which is famously produced in farms, often abroad) to the cities. Not even the people who transport the consumer goods (typically made abroad) to the shops that are 15 minutes from where you live. All transport will be done in 30 minute relays by a series of drivers. It will take longer and cost more, but it is for the greater good.

Ah, but by then, we'll all buy from Amazon (other South American rivers are available) so no one will be delivering to shops. They will be delivering to your homes: delivering goods that have to come from considerably more than 15 minutes away, even if the nearest warehouse is only 15 minutes away.

Also, of course, what remains of the UK tourist industry will have no problem relying on people who live within 15 minutes to come and stay with them, and enjoy their facilities. Bed and breakfast in a house in the next street would be a nice break, and the local tourist trail has much to offer.

I'm pretty sure that the NHS has enough spare funds to build lots of small hospitals, all no more than 30 minutes' walk away from each other. Similar funds will be available to build comprehensive schools in a similar grid, and all the teachers will be sourced from the local population and go to the plethora of new universities.

One day we will have bicycle lanes where they are needed, rather than where it is convenient to put them, but very few local authorities outside of the Netherlands have achieved this. One day, we will have our bins and recycling collected reliably. Our councils will be well funded and things will happen as promised and planned.

Until then, I have no fear of government or local authorities having the funds, or the organisational ability to introduce more than the earliest quick win attempts at the "15 minute city" in selected areas. We are a long way from any government having the organisational ability to impose a 15 minute from home restriction on our movements.

I'm all for it; I don't drive, and cycle everywhere. Anything that reduces our reliance on cars is a very good thing, unlike Jordan Peterson and Katie Hopkins.
But this is venturing into political territory, and I am quite happy to avoid that on this board.

Well we now have more people and import more go our food, so more evidence that it would be better to be right underneath a bomb than survive it. Thing is, there is a part of me that would want to witness the end of life as we knew it, just a sheer morbid fascination I guess coupled with always having wanted to see a nuclear bomb go bang with my own eyes. However, I have to remind myself that my death would be slow and painful, so under the bomb it is, please.
Well I have some good news for you. Between 1991 and 1994 all the infrastructure and planning arrangements for nuclear war in the UK, after being run on a shoestring since the early 1950s, were completely dismantled and thrown away. The emergency planning focus moved almost completely towards civil disasters and resilience. Virtually all the national and local government bunkers, emergency stockpiles, the UKWMO warning system, Royal Observer Corps network and thousands of other Cold War accoutrements are long since scrapped. There’s no four minute warning now - armageddon when it comes will be announced by a text on your phone followed by abrupt and total chaos.

In any case massive swathes of stuff the government used to look after have been privatised and passed on to the great Jack-of-all-trades outsourcing supercompanies like Serco, Capita, Amey G4S etc… These days civil planning for nuclear war gets barely a thought in officialdom and there is no serious effort at all put into planning for such an event. God knows what’s in the Government War Book these days, if they even bother having one. To put it more simply if the balloon does go up in Britain tomorrow, we’re all fücked.

Sorry I know this is very off topic but cold war civil defence is one of my hobby horses.

I'm all for it; I don't drive, and cycle everywhere. Anything that reduces our reliance on cars is a very good thing, unlike Jordan Peterson and Katie Hopkins.
But this is venturing into political territory, and I am quite happy to avoid that on this board.
What about old people? Disabled people? How do they make necessary journeys, such as shopping trips?
For you, it is easy - for them, it is not.

To put it more simply if the balloon does go up in Britain tomorrow, we’re all fücked.
Yes, the umlaut means we're super-f*cked!

To put it more simply if the balloon does go up in Britain tomorrow, we’re all fücked.
That has always been the case, though, hasn't it? Even when there was some attempt at Civil Defence planning in government, it was always doomed to failure - there was no realistic possibility of mitigating the unfathomable death, injury and destruction in any meaningful way. The 60s dramatisation "The War Game" is extremely effective at puncturing this pretence, as it contrasts official planning with the likely reality. There are many memorable scenes; I'll mention one in particular, in which the deadpan narrator reads out the official planned menu for field kitchens to feed the surviving populace: from memory, it was a three course meal, including roast beef and veg, and plum pudding and custard... If I understand correctly, the much-maligned "Protect and Survive" leaflets were produced in the full knowledge that the advice was useless, but it was thought that there would be some calming effect if people were to undertake placebo activities in the run-up to an exchange.

That has always been the case, though, hasn't it? Even when there was some attempt at Civil Defence planning in government, it was always doomed to failure - there was no realistic possibility of mitigating the unfathomable death, injury and destruction in any meaningful way. The 60s dramatisation "The War Game" is extremely effective at puncturing this pretence, as it contrasts official planning with the likely reality. There are many memorable scenes; I'll mention one in particular, in which the deadpan narrator reads out the official planned menu for field kitchens to feed the surviving populace: from memory, it was a three course meal, including roast beef and veg, and plum pudding and custard... If I understand correctly, the much-maligned "Protect and Survive" leaflets were produced in the full knowledge that the advice was useless, but it was thought that there would be some calming effect if people were to undertake placebo activities in the run-up to an exchange.
Lying by those in charge of us - of whatever political persuasion - has become endemic since WW1. At least in the days of absolute monarchy one knew where one stood. In the muck.

That has always been the case, though, hasn't it? Even when there was some attempt at Civil Defence planning in government, it was always doomed to failure - there was no realistic possibility of mitigating the unfathomable death, injury and destruction in any meaningful way.
Yes that’s very true; a lot of it was pure fantasy. I won’t drag this thread any further off topic so I’ll just link to this excellent site for those who are interested -

https://www.subbrit.org.uk/features/struggle-for-survival/

Sorry I know this is very off topic but cold war civil defence is one of my hobby horses.
I'll be fine because I will "duck and cover".

Yes, the umlaut means we're super-f*cked!
No, it means we may be f*cked, but at least we're metal as f*ck. Röck n röll, baby!

Came across this You tube channel which has the following

and on London's plans for road charging -

He also has an interesting video on the BMW police cars and the dodgy dealings when disposing off them (what I actually was looking into at the time), I wont post a link as folk can find it as well if they want and you'll think I'm on comission to drive up his traffic :p

Last edited:
Interesting ideas all.

I live in a small city. The new housing just spreads further and further out from what would have been the centre. It's called urban sprawl.

I live within an area which I can walk to groceries, shopping, dentist within 30 minutes. I chose this. I also work within a five mile radius of my home. All of my jobs have been in this area. Cars are expensive to own and gas prices are ridiculous. I don't wish to drive more than necessary.

I lived in metro Toronto for 6 years and LOVED the transit system. I could get anywhere by bus, streetcar and subway. Move to where I live now and even 30 years later, I can still walk faster somewhere than take the ridiculous circuitous bus routes.

Our public transit is crap. You can't travel from your home to work in town easily, if at all. We are a factory town driven by the auto sector. Shiftworkers cannot take a bus to arrive at work at 0700 because the buses don't run that early. Neither can the late workers who get off at 1100 bus home. Buses don't run that late.

We live 1/2 hour drive from London ON and yet have no public transportation available to travel between both cities. You should see the traffic between both cities as people in London work in my town and vice versa. And this is not rural Canada. It is southwestern Ontario, one of the most densely populated areas in Canada.

I would love to work with the idea that everything was within 15 minutes of where you live. How would anyone propose that this would be feasible within the large expanse that is Canada? Or US?

We also have the big conglomerates who own everything and if they have, say for example, a local grocery store that the locals use, but the company determines it just doesn't make the profit it wants, the store is closed down. Thereby rendering small communities unable to survive within themselves.

I may have gone off on a bit of a tangent, but I don't see these 15 minutes cities happening.

l
Having read this thread with interest I just want to get my own thoughts off my chest.
I don't one hundred per cent believe everything I'm about to theorise on. But I do believe in the possibility of lots of what's been stated on this thread and it's concerning.
It seems to me that over the last few years we've had a rise of what we might call conspiracy theorists because we keep seeing those in power putting in place changes to the way we live, big changes, that generally make life much harder, especially for the poor and vulnerable, citing a need to solve a problem. But it doesn't solve the problem, as forcing people to drive twice as long a journey to get somewhere will not solve the emmisions or climate problem.
Those in power are not stupid. So naturally many people wonder what the real goal is.
If I talk to people about this, many seem very apathetic about what this could all lead to. Of course the government must know what they are doing, right? Why would they purposely plunder the economy, cause harm to their own people, effectively cage them and deplete them?
Why indeed. Governments have never attempted to do anything like that before, right?
I guess I think that we've become used to being safe. Of trusting those in power to take the reigns with our best interests at heart. We've lived reletively freely for long enough now to take it for granted. For many, the last few years have shattered that illusion a bit. We've been shown that democracy doesn't nessecarily save us from rogue governments, or bad ones, or stop them from taking that which matters in life away if it suits them while convincing many it's for their own good, so much so that they venemously shut down anyone who suggests otherwise.
The prospect of 15 minute cities worries me, because even if we created a utopia, humans never stop when we've got something good. We keep fussing, keep trying to get more, take more until we've got something bad again, followed by something much worse.
The people who have to drive would continue to drive around these 15 minute cities, were that to be permitted. People needing to get to work, people with disabilities, delivery, taxi drivers all forced to take longer journeys, making air polution worse in the long run. So what, really, could the end game be? That's a question I don't think it's illogical to ask.
Also, if the goal is to get people to walk and cycle more and use public transport, then depleting the services in the way that has been done was not a good idea. In the city where I live, using public transport means getting to your destination quite late as the first 2 buses often don't turn up. You also worry that you won't get anywhere ever again as crime is at the highest it's been for a long time and police presense is lower than ever just to add to the pot. So I find myself wondering why the govt don't fix the things in our cities that make it difficult to walk, cycle and safely travel before they focus on trying to force us to do it. Unless the goal is to cause misery which brings me back to the distrust again.
If we had these utopian 15 min cities I do believe that eventually attempts would be made to keep us there because life would be easier for those in power that way. But life is about more than eating, sleeping and working. Feeling the breeze from the sea touch your face, long walks in the countryside, watching the sun set over a mountaintop, what would life be without the possibility of them and the freedom to experience these things?
It's all just a bit frustrating and sad at the moment I feel. Obviously we all want to do what we can to make the world safer and cleaner for all but I don't believe those in power have that at the forefront of their mind as much as they claim.
Of course they don't have that at the forefront of their mind!
It's quite simple really- keep the lower orders in their place.
Do you think they want to find that some chav has moved in next door to their gated community, or that their holiday home in Barbados is ruined by some drunken hen party? I certainly wouldn't either.
We're continually told that you must watch this/buy this/eat this/do this/drive this/....or you won't 'fit in'. Luckily there are enough people who ignore these commands and as for the ones who don't, well that's their look out. Let them be gullible.
As for crime- do you really think that it couldn't be virtually eradicated if they wanted it to be? It's there because it provides thousands of jobs!

Public transport is a joke. If evergone gave up their cars tomorrow, and stopped drinking and smoking, your tax would have to go up!

Do you think the politicians would stop using chauffeur driven cars and that the buffet at the houses of Parliament would stop serving the finest smoked salmon, whiskies, brandy, wines and caviar just because you now took the (overcrowded, dirty, crime ridden) bus?!

Interesting ideas all.

I live in a small city. The new housing just spreads further and further out from what would have been the centre. It's called urban sprawl.

I live within an area which I can walk to groceries, shopping, dentist within 30 minutes. I chose this. I also work within a five mile radius of my home. All of my jobs have been in this area. Cars are expensive to own and gas prices are ridiculous. I don't wish to drive more than necessary.

I lived in metro Toronto for 6 years and LOVED the transit system. I could get anywhere by bus, streetcar and subway. Move to where I live now and even 30 years later, I can still walk faster somewhere than take the ridiculous circuitous bus routes.

Our public transit is crap. You can't travel from your home to work in town easily, if at all. We are a factory town driven by the auto sector. Shiftworkers cannot take a bus to arrive at work at 0700 because the buses don't run that early. Neither can the late workers who get off at 1100 bus home. Buses don't run that late.

We live 1/2 hour drive from London ON and yet have no public transportation available to travel between both cities. You should see the traffic between both cities as people in London work in my town and vice versa. And this is not rural Canada. It is southwestern Ontario, one of the most densely populated areas in Canada.

I would love to work with the idea that everything was within 15 minutes of where you live. How would anyone propose that this would be feasible within the large expanse that is Canada? Or US?

We also have the big conglomerates who own everything and if they have, say for example, a local grocery store that the locals use, but the company determines it just doesn't make the profit it wants, the store is closed down. Thereby rendering small communities unable to survive within themselves.

I may have gone off on a bit of a tangent, but I don't see these 15 minutes cities happening.
I think you are correct in every single observation.

The economies of developed countries are evolving in ways which are difficult to understand and control. I think they are evolving toward greater concentration in cities, and much fewer rural residents with much, much fewer job opportunities because the very nature of employment has changed. Much unskilled and even skilled manual labor in industry and agriculture has shifted away from developed countries.

• If the government steps in with mandates (for example, limiting housing development in the rural areas), someone is going to vocally complain and bring up the C word - conspiracy.
  • If the government steps in and institutes tax-funded solutions (for example, massively expensive public transportation infrastructure), someone is going to vocally complain and bring up the C word - conspiracy.
  • If the government does nothing, someone is going to vocally complain and bring up the C word - conspiracy.

In fact, no matter what the government - any government - does or does not do, someone is going to complain! These complaints are, at least here on this forum, from relatively well-educated, well-fed individuals who have immeasurably better lives than their grandparents. What - we want the economic, technological, medical, and educational opportunities of post-WW2 AND keep the cozy small town communities of pre-WW2?

My perennial question to my fellow Forteans is, as always, how much do you want your taxes to go up to pay for all this? What?!? Raise taxes - it is a conspiracy! Rinse and repeat.

l

Of course they don't have that at the forefront of their mind!
It's quite simple really- keep the lower orders in their place.
Do you think they want to find that some chav has moved in next door to their gated community, or that their holiday home in Barbados is ruined by some drunken hen party? I certainly wouldn't either.
We're continually told that you must watch this/buy this/eat this/do this/drive this/....or you won't 'fit in'. Luckily there are enough people who ignore these commands and as for the ones who don't, well that's their look out. Let them be gullible.
As for crime- do you really think that it couldn't be virtually eradicated if they wanted it to be? It's there because it provides thousands of jobs!

Public transport is a joke. If evergone gave up their cars tomorrow, and stopped drinking and smoking, your tax would have to go up!

Do you think the politicians would stop using chauffeur driven cars and that the buffet at the houses of Parliament would stop serving the finest smoked salmon, whiskies, brandy, wines and caviar just because you now took the (overcrowded, dirty, crime ridden) bus?!
Well, no I don't think they would. Which is why I said 'I dont believe they have it at the forefront of their mind.'
Feels to me they tell us they are just trying to make the world better and save us from whatever they're telling us the next threat is and keep us worried and arguing amongst ourselves so we forget to look too closely at what they're really doing. Which is making the world continuously worse for the lot of us in one form or another.

Last edited:
Our income tax band is going up - we are very much in favour of it doing so.
Yes, ours too. I guestimate that in the US, income taxes would have to double across the board immediately and for the foreseeable future to pay for the covid and Ukraine costs - AKA post-modern bread and circuses - in order to not bankrupt the next two generations with debt-fuelled interest payments and inflation. What - it is a conspiracy!

In order to not be run out of town by my neighbors, I keep my macroeconomic views to myself.

Is this really a conspiracy since there seems to be no secrecy? They seem quite open about wanting to restrict oxfordians to small areas.

Well, no I don't think they would. Which is why I said 'I dont believe they have it at the forefront of their mind.'
Feels to me they tell us they are just trying to make the world better and save us from whatever they're telling us the next threat is and keep us worried and arguing amongst ourselves so we forget to look too closely at what they're really doing. Which is making the world continuously worse for the lot of us in one form or another.
Agreed.

So to sum up:

"I am forced to drive everywhere all the time as everything is so far away from where I live and I have no choice and wish there was an alternative"

"They want to make it so that essential services are closer and I don't have to spend all that time driving? How dare they!"

Back