• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The 58 Signs Of Alien Abduction

lordshiva said:
I'm sure that some of these tests would be used to see if you were a looney, too.....

The concept of questions used to weed out loonies interests me. Here's a test designed to detect victims of alien abduction, which most people would consider a looney concept to begin with. The test writer's evidently okay with that, but he's apparently putting in stuff to catch people who beleive in stuff that he considers too far 'out there'.

Some years back, my analyst gave me a personality test which included the items "I often appear on the covers of major magazines" and "My life is often discussed on television". Afterward, when we talked about the test, he pointed these out as items designed to weed out delusional subjects, who were outside the scope of the test. Since the test was computer-scored, I still wonder what would happen if a person took it for whom these statements were actually true (e.g., the president or Bill Gates). IIRC he didn't have a good answer to that.

LOL

Strangely enough I took a very standard personality test a few years ago as a part of a job interview. The tester concluded from the tests that I was altogether "too nice", which he considered a sign of weakness. The job was working with community organisations and I assumed that being a nice person and a team player could be considered an asset.

I guess that these distinctions 'looney' and 'celebrity', 'nice' and 'weak' are down to the person making these tests.

There were similar 'looney' questions in that test and I did consider answering those in the positive to see what the tester would make of those - I probably would have been successful and got the job!

I was nodding my head an agreeing with a lot of those questions

LobeliaOverhill said:
I was nodding my head an agreeing with a lot of those questions

That was my problem - I was too.

We could both be mad! Or just me - maybe I'm imagining this MB thread!

Even one or two of those would explain the
reason we are all on this MB!

TVgeek
- who is just uninteresting to ET's... or is that, UT's?!?

Quite a few of the questions could point to other things that are more to do with sleep disorders, etc.. Unfortunately, this is one blind spot the abduction field still doesn't seem to take on board. Some are also just wooly - I mean, being interested in issues like the environment, vegetarianism, etc. doesn't make you into a possible abductee. I know some abductees have claimed to have started an interest in such things after being abducted, but (as with other aspects of abductions) no explanation is offered as to why this occurs.

Gulp.....

I got 21 out of 58 (36%).

Padded room/Strange Metal Examination Table/Therapy Couch/Hypnosis Suite (can't quite work out which) - here I come.....

:confused:

Windwhistler:
In my book, "celebrities" are delusional!!

I could say "yes" to nearly all of those.

However, without a doubt I can definitely attribute it to the use of alcohol and narcotics to excess and not to having my botty probed on a regular basis by some scrawny grey. ;)

You mean your lives AREN'T discussed on TV?

Wtf???

;)

26, and I no scored a couple that were maybes.

The question I liked best was:

"Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window."

I guess whoever wrote this doesn't have his district buzzed by the police helicopter as often as I do.

lordshiva said:
LOL

Strangely enough I took a very standard personality test a few years ago as a part of a job interview. The tester concluded from the tests that I was altogether "too nice", which he considered a sign of weakness.

Interesting. I took these tests, too, when I applied for the ministry. The tester said that I was "faking good," which I suppose means trying to come off nicer than I really am. He thought that was bad. I figured that he'd not been on too many job interviews.

I nodded along to a lot of them, too. As an insomniac who's had back problems, sinusitis, and cluster headaches, I was particularly drawn to the last question:
Have many of these traits but can't remember anything about an abduction or alien encounter.
Well, there you go then!

An interesting one is the cover of Communion - virtually everyone I know has a reaction to it. Personally, I believe it's an archetypal image, that will stimulate a certain reaction in most people, perhaps a race memory, or something rooted deep in us all.

Elisheva said:
Interesting. I took these tests, too, when I applied for the ministry. The tester said that I was "faking good," which I suppose means trying to come off nicer than I really am. He thought that was bad. I figured that he'd not been on too many job interviews.

Elishva - are you sure you didn't mis-hear what the tester was saying?

Seriously, though - If I was interviewing for a new post (which I used to quite a lot) and was using one of those tests (which I never would - they're too invasive) and found that someone showed the initiative to create a false personality profile - I'd give them the job! They would clearly be an asset in any negotiation, dealing with the public, or any situation like these!

I'd give you the job!

'The ministry'?........ sounds ominous

BlackRiverFalls said:
26, and I no scored a couple that were maybes.

The question I liked best was:

"Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window."

I guess whoever wrote this doesn't have his district buzzed by the police helicopter as often as I do.

:p Yes that used to happen on a regular basis in a place where I lived for a while. The question about eyes also made me think of this place. The house had an outdoor toilet and as I moved in in November and worked/was out during the day I only ever used it in darkness. Complete darkness. A few months down the line I used it in daylight for the first time. As I sat down I noticed that drawn on the wall opposite the toilet was a pair of very realistic eyes! To think they had been watching me all that time in the dark! Creepy!
I am also reasonably certain that one or two of my housemates at the time were aliens...

what we need is for someone who DEFINATLY HAS BEEN abducted to take the test and then we'll see if it works :err:

The only ones I got right could be attributed to cars driving past the window, and tinnitus.

I feel rather rejected, if the truth be known.:(

I am forced to assume that the genetic experiments means they only choose the generations from Top gene pool specimens. I'm scandalised by this brutal oversight.:furious:

26/58.

So, BlackRiver, what are doing this Friday? Bryce Psychiatric is a block from my place, we could split a bottle of risperidone.

Has anyone given this to the Asian fellow in the conspiracy forum? I bet he'd have an interesting lot to say about it.

Do you mean the one about the FBI and the market trader? I think I told him to rush to hospital.

He was persistent, though, eh? Is he still going?

Chant said:
Do you mean the one about the FBI and the market trader? I think I told him to rush to hospital.

He was persistent, though, eh? Is he still going?

Yeah. His hypergraphia and constant thought stream look alot like symptoms of mania, but you'd expect that to end sooner or later. Oh well, at least it's not Time Cube.

Okay, after remembering incidences that I've always put down to ghosts rather than extral-terrestrials I have to come clean and say that I looked at each of the questions seriously this time. Still only 26.

Is that enough to be officially mad, or what?

At least I'm not as mad as you, Mothfox.

Actually I'm going for counselling soon as I'm very confused about a lot of things in my life. Mainly to do with my deep fear, anxiety, and distrust. If I'm diagnosed as a Paranoid Depressive I'll let you know;)

I have deep-seated fears of Doctors, Medical Procedures and Dwarves. It's not very nice to admit to the latter in public, however, so I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I do my very best to hide how I feel when confronted by these situations as I know they are ridiculous.

Chant said:
Okay, after remembering incidences that I've always put down to ghosts rather than extral-terrestrials I have to come clean and say that I looked at each of the questions seriously this time. Still only 26.

Actually I'm going for counselling soon as I'm very confused about a lot of things in my life. Mainly to do with my deep fear, anxiety, and distrust. If I'm diagnosed as a Paranoid Depressive I'll let you know;)

I have deep-seated fears of Doctors, Medical Procedures and Dwarves. It's not very nice to admit to the latter in public, however, so I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I do my very best to hide how I feel when confronted by these situations as I know they are ridiculous.

Maybe your embarassment at your deep seated fear of people of smaller stature is a sign of a deeply repressed abduction experience.....

*settles back into his leather chair*

'look into my eyes, directly into my eyes, not around my eyes.... you are in a deep sleep....'

Chant said:

And the truly ironic thing is that I don't really believe in alien abductions...
I tend to go with the Paul Devereaux (SP?)of the "Earth stresses causing hallucinations" theory, though I sometimes swing toward the Vallee theory that there are 'things' that have always been here with us, but seem rather ill-intentioned towards us...
But I do run intense depression, and am pretty socially inept--at least online--so as far as mad,fair cop, says I. I just asks ya', show me someone 'sane'.

Mothfox said:
And the truly ironic thing is that I don't really believe in alien abductions...
I tend to go with the Paul Devereaux (SP?)of the "Earth stresses causing hallucinations" theory, though I sometimes swing toward the Vallee theory that there are 'things' that have always been here with us, but seem rather ill-intentioned towards us...
But I do run intense depression, and am pretty socially inept--at least online--so as far as mad,fair cop, says I. I just asks ya', show me someone 'sane'.

A whole lot of it has to be sleep paralysis and hypnagogic hallucinations. I used to wake up wondering if what I dreamed happened the day before or not. I've also heard the voices of people in dreams as I was being jolted awake by some actual, external noise(live in a dorm). They always say the type of rabid nonsense you get in dream experiences.

Come to think of it, I wonder if all this means I have some sort of screw-up with my REM phase. Does anyone else get these "hallucinations" on sudden wakening? None of mine have ever been alien-themed(or anything themes really).

Back