The Alien Movies

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Ridley Scott's involved in another sequel to the prequel
Alien: Covenant Sequel Reportedly Being Written, Ridley Scott to Direct

A sequel to Alien: Covenant is reportedly being written, with Ridley Scott attached to direct. Scott's 1979 Alien film is a sci-fi horror classic that made an icon out of Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley and introduced the world to the terrifying Xenomorph creature. In the forty years since then, the franchise has seen multiple films released to varying degrees of success or failure, including three sequels and a pair of Alien vs. Predator spinoffs. More recently, Scott returned to the property with two prequels (Prometheus and Alien: Covenant) that explored the story behind humanity's origins and the evolution of the face-hugger.
https://screenrant.com/alien-covenant-sequel-writer-director-ridley-scott/

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Keep going, Ridley, you'll get that sequel right eventually!

skinny

Ásatrúarfélagið
A gnostic interpretation of Prometheus which adds a few more layers to the tapestry of reasons why it's in my best 10 films of our times.
https://runesoup.com/2016/05/solving-prometheus-the-most-astrognostic-film-ever/

I'd add to Gordo's astute observation of the headless rites and the Weyland IS Prometheus take, that Weyland might also represent a form of Orion - note the dog and the questing hunting motif which gives us some of the film's internal structure.

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Dark Horse to Publish 'Alien: The Original Screenplay' Comic
The five-part mini will adapt Dan O'Bannon's first take on the space horror classic (...) follows O'Bannon's original version of events, heavily rewritten by Walter Hill and David Giler before production, and is described simply by the publisher as "an alternate line of events." Among the differences? In the very first version of the story, the spaceship isn't the Nostromo but the Snark…

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...original-screenplay-comic-book-series-1270420

Ogdred Weary

Fhtagntastic.
I haven't seen Alien in twenty-ish years and not seen Aliens in a while, is it clear whether humans have encountered an alien life before within the World of the films? From memory it's never stated one way or another.

I haven't seen Alien in twenty-ish years and not seen Aliens in a while, is it clear whether humans have encountered an alien life before within the World of the films? From memory it's never stated one way or another.
In later films it's made clear that alien life has been encountered before, at best it's ambiguous in Alien. Saw it again in the cinema last year. It was great on the big screen, especially the scene where the cat watches Harry Dean Stanton being devoured by the Alien.

Last edited:

Lb8535

Abominable Snowman
In later films it's made clear that alien life has been encountered before, at best it's ambiguous in Alien. Saw it again in the cinema last year. It was great on the big screen, especially the scene where thr cat watches Harry Dean Stanton being devoured by the Alien.
Yes the cat and Stanton both did excellent work.