• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Just sayin' :D
af5884b126de67082417db4c84e13409.jpg

That still doesn't answer the question. Is it NEEDED? I think not. We'd get on just fine without it. In fact rather better than with it. When I first heard about the Internet of things (from a close friend who was also a technology salesman, not a combination that usually happens to me) I thought - so what problem is this actually trying to solve? Do we really need our dish-washing machine to announce to some third party when it hasn't been regularly cleaned with the approved and no doubt highly expensive fluid? And that it will refuse to work until it has such treatment?

It's simply a way of selling us more crap.

Well, to silly old fools like you and I, that's true. To the kind of twat who HAS to own the newest i-phone, the moment it is released, however, it is totally needed. They are looking forward to a Blade Runner-style landscape, where the machine knows it all and we don't have to bother about doing any of that primitive nonsense like thinking for ourselves.

And, of course it is needed by the huge companies that want to make lots of money out of everyone. Or, even more money than the obscene amounts they already make.

Once we sprint off down this path, Luddites like us will soon be needing 5G ourselves. There's no real prospect of living off-grid, certainly not in the UK. Once our driverless cars etc are all hooked up and running on that network, there will be no opting out, we won't be able to leave the phone at home and take the old jalopy for a spin, that would jeopardise the fly-by-wire world around us, we would become a hazard. We will soon be in a position where we have to bow to 5G, just to survive.

Commercial interests aside, the biggest danger, IMHO, is that presented by governments who think 5G is the best thing since sliced bread and want us to be at the forefront of that revolution. They are looking forward to having total control, to have no surprises or unknowns coming from the populus, where we all play nicely and co-operate with our betters in Whitehall, who naturally only want what's best for all of us. That makes them either potential tyrants or the ridiculously naiive fools who will allow tyrants to control us, China-style. Either way, we need to stop this shift before it gets too much momentum.

With current events in mind, I think TPTB would love 5G to "help save us from Covid19". Only today came the news that Apple and Google are buddying up to develop Covid19 contact tracing technology. Sounds great, but it relies on us all being traceable at all times. This is on the heels of Google releasing the numbers of people who have already broken social distancing guidelines by going to the park in the sunshine last weekend (those people agreed to being tracked, having read and agreed with the T&Cs of some app they have installed. As you do.)

So, Google and Apple are already making themselves indispensable to Govts who certainly aren't capable of setting up such a tech app themselves. How long before they are quietly directing the govt's direction?
I don't fancy having Google contact the Rozzers and snitch on me in the future, do you? It's a slippery slope that ends up in a Govt Re-education Centre, or a quicklime pit in the woods...
(And Mr Plod is already proving he would happily turn into the Gestapo, bollocking people for playing in their front garden, or threatening to check shopping baskets for non-essential items that some utter bastard might have bought after queuing for hours to get into the shop. They'd fucking LOVE the opportunities 5G brings. All for our own good, naturally)

Well, to silly old fools like you and I, that's true. To the kind of twat who HAS to own the newest i-phone, the moment it is released, however, it is totally needed. They are looking forward to a Blade Runner-style landscape, where the machine knows it all and we don't have to bother about doing any of that primitive nonsense like thinking for ourselves.

And, of course it is needed by the huge companies that want to make lots of money out of everyone. Or, even more money than the obscene amounts they already make.

Once we sprint off down this path, Luddites like us will soon be needing 5G ourselves. There's no real prospect of living off-grid, certainly not in the UK. Once our driverless cars etc are all hooked up and running on that network, there will be no opting out, we won't be able to leave the phone at home and take the old jalopy for a spin, that would jeopardise the fly-by-wire world around us, we would become a hazard. We will soon be in a position where we have to bow to 5G, just to survive.

Commercial interests aside, the biggest danger, IMHO, is that presented by governments who think 5G is the best thing since sliced bread and want us to be at the forefront of that revolution. They are looking forward to having total control, to have no surprises or unknowns coming from the populus, where we all play nicely and co-operate with our betters in Whitehall, who naturally only want what's best for all of us. That makes them either potential tyrants or the ridiculously naiive fools who will allow tyrants to control us, China-style. Either way, we need to stop this shift before it gets too much momentum.

With current events in mind, I think TPTB would love 5G to "help save us from Covid19". Only today came the news that Apple and Google are buddying up to develop Covid19 contact tracing technology. Sounds great, but it relies on us all being traceable at all times. This is on the heels of Google releasing the numbers of people who have already broken social distancing guidelines by going to the park in the sunshine last weekend (those people agreed to being tracked, having read and agreed with the T&Cs of some app they have installed. As you do.)

So, Google and Apple are already making themselves indispensable to Govts who certainly aren't capable of setting up such a tech app themselves. How long before they are quietly directing the govt's direction?
I don't fancy having Google contact the Rozzers and snitch on me in the future, do you? It's a slippery slope that ends up in a Govt Re-education Centre, or a quicklime pit in the woods...
(And Mr Plod is already proving he would happily turn into the Gestapo, bollocking people for playing in their front garden, or threatening to check shopping baskets for non-essential items that some utter bastard might have bought after queuing for hours to get into the shop. They'd fucking LOVE the opportunities 5G brings. All for our own good, naturally)

And all that at a time when the lockdowns in most countries round the world will have a disproportionately bad affect on small businesses.

We are not going to like what is left of the world when this is over. Normality is not going to return soon, if ever. I am convinced more people will die from the economic disruption than will die because of the virus. The chance to mitigate this disaster was in February but it was not taken.

It seems interesting that even during your lockdown, the roll-out of 5G continues. It hardly seems like essential work.
I think we know why some people find it essential... Essential it is done now so nobody kicks up a stink.

And all that at a time when the lockdowns in most countries round the world will have a disproportionately bad affect on small businesses.

We are not going to like what is left of the world when this is over. Normality is not going to return soon, if ever. I am convinced more people will die from the economic disruption than will die because of the virus. The chance to mitigate this disaster was in February but it was not taken.

I think it was too late even then. I have texts on my phone from early January* where I am complaining about having Coronavirus (ie. what was really just Man-flu). If I was worrying about it then, I must have been reading alarming reports from China at Christmas-ish. That's when the doors should have slammed shut, and avoidance planning enacted. As for flying planes full of Brits home...FFS Boris, I was shouting at the telly back then that it was fucking stupid idea.

It's not quite the Apocalypse I was expecting, I was hoping it would be a bit more Mad Max ( my crossbows have new strings, hehe). It will be all different from now on though, you are right. It's already the money men who are getting itchy feet, clamouring for easing of restrictions. Who knows how many lives have or have not been saved, all they see is gaps in their balance sheets, and they can't put up with it much longer, whatever the consequences in numbers of dead. Kinda makes our previous 3 weeks at home irrelevant, doesn't it, FFS?

I noted today that there was much more talk on Radio 4 about "contact tracing" as a measure against the virus, and how technology could possibly help. Hmmm, like what? They didn't actually say 5G, but if a govt minister had popped up and suggested it would fulfill the requirements to enable such tracing, I honestly think the program contributors would have signed up there and then. You don't have to be David Icke to see how convenient it would be for us all to welcome 5G, our new saviour, and how easy it would be for us all to be railroaded into blindly accepting it with all its implications for personal freedom.

Oh, and finally, South Korea, admired for the way it has managed to keep transmission rates down, has suggested that "some sort of wristband" might be necessary for ALL citizens, to ensure people abide by lockdown rules. You see, the naughty blighters are simply avoiding official busybody monitoring by leaving their phones at home when they go out. The utter bastards!

*Edited to January, not Dec as I first thought.

Last edited:
I hate to say this but in my various postings about the surveillance state, I said we had all the monitoring tools state control would need. All it would take would be the circumstances where we’d change from a benign system of government to more authoritarian control and hey presto! We are fucked.

...the surveillance state, I said we had all the monitoring tools state control would need.

Apparently not yet:

“Europe's data protection watchdog has called for a single coronavirus app to be used across the EU, instead of every country making its own.

Several countries are developing tracking apps, but privacy advocates warn of the dangers they might pose.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52189551

“Matt Hancock, the health secretary, is considering how to incentivise people to install the app. Experts say the “track and trace” concept only works effectively if 60% of people adopt it.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nhs-phone-app-holds-key-to-lifting-uks-coronavirus-lockdown-wfmt3pt0g

:headbang:

maximus otter

It seems interesting that even during your lockdown, the roll-out of 5G continues. It hardly seems like essential work.

Given the amount of confusion flying around it’s worth pointing out that in the UK there is currently no real distinction between 'essential' and 'non-essential' work. If you can work from home, you must. However, outwith the specific proscriptions regarding non-essential shops and places like hotels, pubs, restaurants, theatre, cinemas, places of worship etc, then if you absolutely cannot work from home you can go to work making chocolate teapots if it’s your job, let alone installing communications systems; those carrying out the 5G roll-out are not benefiting from any ‘special case’ scenario, they are simply doing what they are allowed to do under the current legislation (as long as they are abiding by the underpinning rules of social distancing and hygiene etc):

UK Government is not asking all businesses to shut - indeed it is important for business to carry on.
Source - GOV.UK.

The fact that many non-proscribed businesses have shut down temporarily and furloughed staff is because they cannot guarantee social distancing in the workplace, or because the knock-on effects of the lockdown - rather than the authorities - have made that option unavoidable. People can argue about whether work on 5G can be maintained in regard to the distancing and hygiene rules, but not about the essential or non-essential definition of the work, which is currently not relevant.

There’s similar confusion about critical worker status: it’s not a definition of who can and cannot travel to a workplace. The ‘critical worker definition does not affect whether or not you can travel to work’. Source - GOV.UK

I know it's considered out of order to state that anything our governments do is good, but the GOV.UK site is a model of clarity on the issue, and it astounds me that even politicians and the police seem to be getting their information via chinese whispers from social media and news sites, rather than looking directly at the very easily accessible source.

Seriously, read the above link and ignore everything you read from news sources and social media. Print it off so that you can wave it in the face of any curtain twitching fuckwit neighbours and the odd jobsworth peeler who doesn't actually know the law that they are tasked with maintaining.

Quite a bit of talk about the 'app' that is being planned for 'contact tracing' with people saying it's a surveillance thing and it's the beginning of a police state etc etc.
Well, if you don't want the 'app' don't download it. If it downloads automatically then don't have your phone on, or at least don't have your bluetooth turned on.

I don't even like having to use my card instead of cash (and not just because it makes it harder to keep track of what I've spent) but personally speaking, if it helps to end the lockdown then I'm game.

Senator Doctor Scott Jensen (Republican, Minnesota) gives an interview on US telly. In it, he states that Medicare pays hospitals $13,000 for each COVID-19 admission and $39,000 whenever a patient goes onto a ventilator. So: no possibility of gaming the numbers there...

Doctor Jensen refers to this as "gaming" or "massaging" the C-19 death stats, and the reporter refers to the cause of death as listed on the death certificate as being a "judgment call":

"If someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that [as a death from COVID-19]."

maximus otter

Quite a bit of talk about the 'app' that is being planned for 'contact tracing' with people saying it's a surveillance thing and it's the beginning of a police state etc etc.
Well, if you don't want the 'app' don't download it. If it downloads automatically then don't have your phone on, or at least don't have your bluetooth turned on.
Or be like me and own a really old phone that won't run fancy apps.

Senator Doctor Scott Jensen (Republican, Minnesota) gives an interview on US telly. In it, he states that Medicare pays hospitals $13,000 for each COVID-19 admission and $39,000 whenever a patient goes onto a ventilator. So: no possibility of gaming the numbers there...

Doctor Jensen refers to this as "gaming" or "massaging" the C-19 death stats, and the reporter refers to the cause of death as listed on the death certificate as being a "judgment call":

"If someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that [as a death from COVID-19]."

maximus otter
This is a very important point. This debate has to be settled immediately in the US, before it gets any worse.

You've got to wonder why someone deleted it.

maximus otter

It's more likely the other way, as discussed here, many elderly who die form Covid-19 won't be classed as dying from it.

Carry on trying to downplay though Otter

Surely it's that new one "Electromagnetic Gaussian Gigabyte radiation"?
EGG radiation.
No?

Maybe Satan is behind it.

Carlo Maria Vigano, an Italian archbishop of the Catholic Church who once served as the Vatican's diplomatic representative to the U.S., has called on his fellow clergy to perform a "mass exorcism" on Holy Saturday, the day before Easter Sunday, in order to quell Satan's "frenzy" during the coronavirus pandemic.

Vigano, who has opposed the shutting down of church services to slow the spread of the virus, wrote in a public letter, "In these modern times of terrible tribulation, when the pandemic has deprived Catholics of Holy Mass and the Sacraments, the Evil One has gone into a frenzy and multiplied his attacks to tempt souls into sin."

As such, he is asking Catholic clergy to help conduct a mass exorcism against Satan and the Apostate Angels at 3 p.m. on Saturday "so we can all fight together the common enemy of the whole human race."

He chose Saturday because "Holy Saturday is the day when we remember Our Lord Jesus Christ as He descended into Hell to free the souls of the Fathers from Satan's chains," he wrote.

Vigano posted a 1,735-word script for the exorcism in English and Latin online. In part, it reads, "We exorcise you, all malignant spirit, satanic power, attacks of the infernal adversary, legion, concentration and diabolical sect, in the ...

https://www.newsweek.com/archbishop...going-frenzy-calls-mass-exorcism-holy-1497381

Back