• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The 'Devil Face' On The Hotel California Album Art

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Anyone know where I can find a good scan on the internet or perhaps have it?
I've been searching the internet but found only one bad quality scan.

I remember there has been discussions about the symbolism of the bald headed man on the inner sleeve photography. Some claim it's the devil, other just a person that has sneaked himself into the photography.

On my CD it is not visible at all.

Didn't the FT do a feature mentioning that about a million years ago? I think there was a blow up of that part of the cover too. Either that or I read about it on here...

Time to visit those second hand record stores which sell those old black large Long Playing thingies. :D
I think I'll get a record player as well, a Rega perhaps.
I got a collection of LPs bought in the 70s and 80s. I dumped my old, not so good record player in the early 90s.

I can see only one bald man, to the right, I think he's the concierge.

If it is meant to be the guy in the middle arch of the three arches at the back it looks more like a bearded caveman being sick over the edge!

Thanks. I have always thought the person in the photo was more visible, but then I haven't seen the vinyl sleeve since the 80s.

In a "friend of a friend" UL kind of way, the kids of the time in the state of Georgia USA were convinced the bald guy on the cover was Anton LeVay.

It is a weird cover. There are at least 3 black silhouette figures - basically you can't see any detail of them.....and further to the right is a headless person (although maybe someone just messed up when scanning it)

Back