• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alternative Medicine: Homeopathy

I'll be sticking with the British Pharmacopeia. ;)

Had a quick google of the effects of touching surface after handling peanuts. Washing hands and wiping down surfaces should prevent any problems.

Peanut traces on surfaces

It seems that peanut oil is sticky so perhaps extra-careful washing/wiping may be necessary if someone's badly allergic but it's not generally dangerous.

Steamy snogs with a peanut butter-lover might still be a bad idea for someone with an allergy, of course.

Maybe it works to a very very VERY small extent? :)

While you're waiting for it to soak in, here's what to do:

Hold one hand horizontally over the affected area and chant as follows:
heyyyyyy a-hooooooooooo waaaaaaaaa heyyyyyyy yaaaaaaaaaa

...and chant as follows:
heyyyyyy a-hooooooooooo waaaaaaaaa heyyyyyyy yaaaaaaaaaa
That sounds like the chorus of a sea shanty I used to know!

A bit difficult to find using a websearch, though! ;)

I think healing by a salty old sailor may be an exploitable market!

I forgot to mention that the hand should tremble as it is held over the trouble spot, and the chanting should be in a low key. A feather can be held upright in the non-trembling hand.

I'll play the devils advocate here...Okay, another slant on the subject.

When a homeopath talks of medicine, in it's empirical form, they will consider it as a gross physical amount, whereas, they consider a standard homeopathic dose as more effective, because of the lesser active ingredient.

Is it possible that sub-molecular quantum physics is brought into the equation due to tritration or percussion, or due to any other action applicable to the mechanics of homeopathy, therefore creating a new set of laws that don't apply to empirical medicine?

Is there anybody on the forum who could say yes or no - I'm floundering here...

Your comment reminds me of this.

Attachments

• 4633000725_8817dcedb9_b.jpg
    4633000725_8817dcedb9_b.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 27
I forgot to mention that the hand should tremble as it is held over the trouble spot, and the chanting should be in a low key. A feather can be held upright in the non-trembling hand.
Also, the whites of the eyes should occasionally reveal themselves as the eyes are periodically opened in manic fashion.

I live in a rural area in Australia Xanatic, and have worked with thoroughbred and standardbred horses. People nowadays have used homeopathics, acupuncture and osteopathy on their horses, due to bowed tendons, shin soreness and other complaints.

The majority of them swear by these complementary forms of medicine, but I'm from the old school who believes in good diet, warming up a horse before rigorous riding, proper shoes and not working horses until they are rising 4 year olds.

The majority of articulation and mechanical complaints in young horses, I've found, are due to racing young horses while the epiphysis of the long bones,(bone ends) are still 'green'. Some of the old ways were brutal, using blistering agents and pinfiring to 'heal' tendon problems in young horses, and if they get results from acupuncture and homeopathics, then I'm all for it.

Ah yes, but in which cheek should the tongue be in?

Homeopathy conference ends in chaos after delegates take hallucinogenic drug

Almost 30 delegates were rushed to hospital with hallucinations in Germany

An alternative medicine conference has ended in chaos in Germany after dozens of delegates took a LSD-like drug and started suffering from hallucinations.

Broadcaster NDR described the 29 men and women “staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibberish and suffering severe cramps”.

The group of "Heilpraktikers" was discovered at the hotel where they held their conference in the town of Handeloh, south of Hamburg, on Friday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...egates-take-hallucinogenic-drug-10491114.html

They diluted it beyond the limits of reason! It was TOO STRONG. Pure water!

Homeopathy 'could be blacklisted'
By James Gallagher Health editor, BBC News website

Ministers are considering whether homeopathy should be put on a blacklist of treatments GPs in England are banned from prescribing, the BBC has learned.
The controversial practice is based on the principle that "like cures like", but critics say patients are being given useless sugar pills.

The Faculty of Homeopathy said the therapy had "profound effects" and patients backed it.
A consultation is expected to take place in 2016.

The total NHS bill for homeopathy, including homeopathic hospitals and GP prescriptions, is thought to be about £4m.
But the NHS itself says: "There is no good-quality evidence that homeopathy is effective as a treatment for any health condition."
The Good Thinking Society has been campaigning for homeopathy to be added to the NHS blacklist - known formally as Schedule 1 - of drugs that cannot be prescribed by GPs.

Drugs can be blacklisted if there are cheaper alternatives or if the medicine is not effective.
After the Good Thinking Society threatened to take their case to the courts, Department of Health legal advisers replied in emails that ministers had "decided to conduct a consultation".
Officials have now confirmed this will take place in 2016.

etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34744858

A curious thought has struck me: suppose a firm adherent to homeopathic medicine were ever (sadly) to be personally diagnosed with a serious life-threatening condition, such as cancer? And the conventional medical response was recommended to be chemotherapy...?

Such an intervention would be the pharmacological opposite of homeopathy: massive doses, high concentrations, more akin to a tidal wave than a tincture.

So would they accept it? Or would they decline the hammer that's being proffered to them to crack that nut, favouring instead the futile feather of hopeopathy?

They'd do what I've heard other firm adherents to homeopathic medicine have done, and get the conventional treatment under a false name or in a foreign country.

Can't name names here as it slips my memory. I bet someone on here'll put us right though.

Surely, instead of spending £4m on homeopathy, they should reduce the budget to 5p. After all, it should have exactly the same effect.

Exactly my thoughts on this. Take a 1p coin. File a little copper off the edge of the coin into a bucket of water. Boil and reduce and decoct this solution into a billion buckets of water and hey presto! You have the beginnings of the solution to homeopathic funding.

A curious thought has struck me: suppose a firm adherent to homeopathic medicine were ever (sadly) to be personally diagnosed with a serious life-threatening condition, such as cancer? And the conventional medical response was recommended to be chemotherapy...?

Such an intervention would be the pharmacological opposite of homeopathy: massive doses, high concentrations, more akin to a tidal wave than a tincture.

So would they accept it? Or would they decline the hammer that's being proffered to them to crack that nut, favouring instead the futile feather of hopeopathy?

Of course, we have to ask ourselves what the fuck is in a flu injection. Just a magnified dose?

Of course, we have to ask ourselves what the fuck is in a flu injection. Just a magnified dose?
According to NHS online-
" For most flu vaccines, the three strains of the viruses are grown in hens' eggs. The viruses are then killed (deactivated) and purified before being made into the vaccine."

Back