• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"The Girly Ghosthunters"

I would always regard any show with "Girly" in the title with no small amount of trepidation!
So is the winnebago a 'pretty' shade of pink, with frills around the windows?
When a paranormal event occurs do they totter away on their high heels, screaming and saying things like "Eeeew! Like, those ectoplasmic manifestations are just sooooo gross!"
Is this the result of an unholy union between Clueless and The X-Files?
I dunno which actresses would like to swallow their pride and, when applying for another job will say "Er ... actually I starred in The Girly Ghosthunters before."

:?
It sounds fairly goofy to me also. I've never actually seen it, but apparently it has quite a following with the high school crowd.

"Besides a loyal following already in Canada, a station in the UK has picked up the series and will be airing it in April, and the US and Germany have expressed interest as well."

This unspecified "station in the UK" sounds pretty tenuous.

From the newswire on the site

3/17/05
GUESS WHAT? For all of you from the UK that have heard about the show and wondered when you were gonna have a chance to see it, keep an eye peeled for The Girly Ghosthunters on Livingtv (Broadcaster of the year 2004) in the UK! We are super stoked and hope that we get a chance to get to the UK to investigate some of those crazy old castles!

:)
So be sure to do some early spring cleaning around those "crazy old castles" of yours, people!

We are super stoked and hope that we get a chance to get to the UK to investigate some of those crazy old castles!

Pardon my french, but Fucking Hell.....

This is sureley the worst thing to hit the paranormal since Scrappy Doo...

dreeness said:
:?
It sounds fairly goofy to me also. I've never actually seen it, but apparently it has quite a following with the high school crowd.
As many alternative comedy shows have a following of student/loafers who quote meaningless catchphrases to each other and bray with laughter. And we all know how enduring this 'support' for a show is. Why am I not surprised that LivingTV is bidding for this clap-trap.

"Crazy old castles"?! Dust off the hansom cabs, folks, and stoke up the fog machine. We "quaint old Brits" are about to receive a visit from a bunch of stereotypes who are going to produce a set of cliche-ridden programmes that will only be believable to some Americans. Then again, we could trick them into thinking the London Eye is haunted. The Millennium Dome is a prospect too - after all, so many careers died in that disaster!

I must go off and prepare my pearly costermonger gear. Gawd blimey, guv'nor! Them there yanks is toffs an' no mistake!

Stormkhan said:
Then again, we could trick them into thinking the London Eye is haunted.
I prefer the Dr. Who theory that it is really a secret alien transmitter!

When I first read that title the first thing that came into my mind was something like a group of gay ghosthunters! :lol:

"Queer Eye For Weird Ghosts". :rofl:

The episode write-ups on that site seem rather illiterate. For example

Fort Henry (Episode 10)
A fortress in every sense of the word, The Girls enter the wooden gates and are transported back to the 19th Century...

The Banting House (Episode 7)
A Bed & Breakfast in Toronto, with an inherited past filled with animal experiments and donated organs that are said to have a connection to the paranormal events that haunt it in the present.

Cedar Island (Episode 12)
Searching for ghostly activity on an island only reachable by boat and no travel off the island until morning...

An inherited past? A fortress in every sense of the word? (ie: a fortress). An island only reachable by boat? (you mean an island surrounded by water on all sides? How unusual!) Who's writing this guff: the ghost of Ed Wood? (Future events such as these will affect you in the future!)

And what does `super stoked` mean? they got into Shaggys stash??

"A fortress in every sense of the word"
"an island only reachable by boat"

... if it's deliberate, it's actually quite funny... sort of "Western Redundancy Theatre"

dreeness said:
"A fortress in every sense of the word"
"an island only reachable by boat"

... if it's deliberate, it's actually quite funny... sort of "Western Redundancy Theatre"

[pedant mode] an island may have a bridge to it or an airstrip, [/pedant mode]

Fort Henry?! Ewww, they've been here! I feel so dirty. :(

(I am NOT putting this in the Creepy Canada thread and you can't make me)

EDIT: er, I don't actually live IN the fort.

Back