• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Grave Of Robin Hood

Vampires in lore and legend have their limitations. Stoker was well versed in the folklore of the undead. And if vampires are merely the novelestic embellishment of an Irish author or two, then we haven't got much to worry about.

However ...

Re: Re: the mystery of robin hoods grave

Exorcistate said:
There is not the slightest shred of evidence that the grave Barbara Green is alluding to is that of Robin Hood. Furthermore, there is very little evidence to suggest that Robin Hood himself was anything other than legend, at best concocted from stories about several people. And, finally, there is no evidence that the "grave" in question actually contains any remains at all.

it's all a question of faith exo,the above could easily be applied to jesus or god ...............

With respect, chrome_halo, this thread is about Robin Hood and his grave, not the Christian faith; though my enquiries of Barbara Green and John Pope about claims made on the former's website with regard to Mr Pope's alleged "ordination" into a "Christian order" have come to nought. On another thread Mrs Green has confirmed that she hasn't a clue what Mr Pope's belief system might be.

Why does any of this matter? Because ...

(a) Mrs Green allegedly accompanied John Pope to the Kirklees grave on the night of 31 October 2001.

(b) Mr Pope allegedly performed a ritual of some kind.

(c) When challenged about the nature of this Hallowe'en ritual, Mr Pope claimed on Mrs Green's website that he is an "ordained minister" in a "Christian order" as well as being a "third degree witch."

(d) When asked to provide details of these claims on the Nottigham Robin Hood forum, Mr Pope was unable to do so.

(e) When similarly asked about them here on this MB, Mrs Green, too, has proved singularly bereft of information.

In summary, Mrs Green is supposed to have accompanied Mr Pope to the alleged resting place of Robin Hood on Hallowe'en 2001 where the latter engaged in a ritual following a formula that neither participants can reveal or discuss.

It should be stressed that Mrs Green protests her Church of England membership whenever challenged on these matters, and her associate, former head of the United Temples of Satan, John Pope, is claiming to be an "ordained minister" but cannot say who "ordained" him, or where and in what fashion this "ordination" manifested.

Just a thought.

Some people (myself included) consider Satanism to be a part of the Christian belief system, albeit the adversarial position.

Perhaps Mr Pope does also, and is facetiously calling his Satanic credentials 'Christian'?

Exorcistate said:
Vampires in lore and legend have their limitations. Stoker was well versed in the folklore of the undead. And if vampires are merely the novelestic embellishment of an Irish author or two, then we haven't got much to worry about.

However ...

However what?

C'mon, you said that Babs has no evidence that the Grave is Robins. Could we have a sample of your evidence that Vampires are real? You have quickly turned this thread into something else and it seems odd that someone who is associated with a weird Vampire Killing Bishop should find enough problems with Pope and Barbara green. I am in the postition to objectively analyse the pair of you without being a hypocrite. You are a member of a church that has a Vampire Killing Bishop at its center while Babs used to be associated with a guy who performs weird rituals over the dead (who might not even be there.......y'know like vampires!)

On the other thread, I addressed the topic.
On this one I addressed the Topic.

On both you merely addressed me......you are the flamer!

You consistantly refused to answer my questions and you have refered to a post on this thread that includes a quote from you that clearly states where your views lie.

That is right, Exorcistate....this thread is about the alleged grave of Robin hood (a subject very close to my heart) could you explain the content of the the above quote.

The one about vampires rather than Robin Hood. The quote that contains nothing but Vampirisms rather than Robin of the Hood.

St.Clair said:
That is right, Exorcistate....this thread is about the alleged grave of Robin hood (a subject very close to my heart).

Would you care to elaborate as to why the subject of Robin Hood's alleged grave is so very close to your heart?

I absolutely would, but you have answered none of my questions.

Answer a few of mine and stop being so defensive then I might consider sharing something with you.

vampire/robin hood muddle satanic ceremonies etc

This thread was about Robin Hood's grave when it started but bishop manchester could not resist putting his two penn'orth in about vampires,princess diana,pope de locksley et al and muddling eveything up. My book Secrets of the Grave he has afforded more publicity by going on about its so called libellous passages about himself.and putting it on his website (based on material mainly written by himself also ,incidentally and illogically )All this has been treated on the Blue Boar Robin hood message board,from which he was banned,on the world wide robin hood forum.,from which he was deleted, and now here.
It really is none of the bishops affair what religion Pope de Locksley or anyone else is,but he seems to have got himself in a real fret over our trip to Robin Hoods grave. It is no big secret what we did, . But to be quite certain no stone is left unturned ....JPL lit a candle and muttered something. I put a palm cross on the grave and said the Lords prayer. We didn't have an orgy or dance around naked--it was too wet for that sort of thing , anyway neither did we sacrifice any babies,cats or giant spiders.It was not as dramatic as the bishops trip there in 1990 when he saw the hag with red eyes etc.Refrences on TEMPLE OF lOON AND Robin Hood and the Holy Grail.
I hope this puts his holiness's mind at rest.
I have been accused of all kinds of weird and wonderful things by the bishop and his "team" who all live at the same box address ,the sensible thing is to ignore it all really,often it is too daft for words--so I won't go through the list!Finally everyone is an "ex something" we don't have to go on about year after year,the bishop was a lord before he was a bishop and may have been an ex milkman for all I know before that.Why isn't the bishop preaching to his flock at Glastonbury or Filey or wherever it is instead of busybodying on message boards ?
So I will bid you all adieu, and hope that this thread will now concentrate on Robin Hood.
Barbara

Exorcistate said:
With respect, chrome_halo, this thread is about Robin Hood and his grave, not the Christian faith;

but i am pointing out that barbara's belief in robin hood is as valid as yr belief in jesus/god and you shdn't attack her for it.most people on here accept that you believe in something that cannot be proven exo. you know if you'd had a clever answer you wd have given it no matter what the thread ;)

Re: vampire/robin hood muddle satanic ceremonies etc

barbara green said:
This thread was about Robin Hood's grave when it started but [deleted] exo could not resist putting his two penn'orth in about vampires,princess diana,pope de locksley et al and muddling eveything up.

Yet Barbara Green's booklet itself dwells on vampires, inappropriately includes the demeaning of the late Princess of Wales, and mentions much about John Pope "de Locksley" who is acknowledged as deserving "special thanks ... [for] ... supporting the cause since 1985."

This issue is nothing to do with Mrs Green's faith in Robin Hood, or mine in Jesus Christ (interestingly, John Pope claims direct descent from both). From my perspective there are agendas that need unearthing.

Since Mrs Green has mentioned her booklet, I must enquire of her why she lists in her Acknowledgements a certain David Farrant who, on another forum, has confirmed that he made no contribution to her work? Why list Bishop Anselm Genders and Bishop Sean Manchester? Neither contributed anything whatsoever to her booklet.

The point about John Pope is that he has not rescinded his satanic past and, as far as I am aware, still holds to the version of Crowlianity that he has always obsessed about. If this has changed, why has he not used the opportunity to say so on the Nottingham Robin Hood forum when asked?

Mr Pope's Left-hand Path occultism is in conflict with Mrs Green's Church of England Anglicanism, I would have thought? That doesn't mean that they cannot research Robin Hood together, but, surely, when it comes to jointly performing a graveside ritual certain anomalies arise, do they not?

Mrs Green has been persuaded not to contribute to the Blue Boar Inn by its webmaster. Many of her posts, along with those of David Farrant who gave Mrs Green his full support, have been deleted on the Nottingham Robin Hood forum because of their libellous content and attacks on Bishop Manchester.

It is Bishop Manchester's "affair" what Mr Pope has to say about his beliefs because Mr Pope consented to be interviewed for a book on Satanism, researched and written by the bishop, and published in 1988. He also agreed to be interviewed for a wide variety of feature articles on the same subject. Mr Pope's own curriculum vitae devotes seven pages to a summary of his life as a Satanist where he concludes that he is the "greatest magician since Aleister Crowley."

If Mr Pope has altered his position on all this, as a public figure, surely he has a duty to inform the public about it?

There is no reference to Barbara Green's booklet on Bishop Manchester's website.

Once again, Mrs Green is flouting the MB prohibition on attempting to identify another MB user. This is the fourth time she has done so; despite being warned on the previous three. Clearly, Mr Green is not someone who observes rules, whether they be her own church's rules, or this forum's rules.

flouting mb prohibition

Exo,
young Babs must see you as a role model then? I believe that
your speculations on identity were a contributing factor to the
premature demise of my own HIGHGATE HI-JINKS thread. You
poor man, you must be exhausted defending the bishop's honour
on what seems to be becoming an hourly basis. Is this voluntary
or is some kind of stipend involved?

house of correction

Just one comment--cos its like the Forth Bridge and I can't be bothered--I was never persuaded or banned from Blue Boar--I am still logged in. I chose--for reasons which the bish may well surmise--to stop posting on there of my own free will.Even if I was--which I aren't--who is so chummy from bb with the bish to give him such information--when he is banned after all !!!???That would be a bit dickipoggy to say the least.

I think I will leave it at that--or I may have another of my"series" of nervous breakdowns!

Greetings Rob also, I need a valium sandwhich I don't know about you !

Re: flouting mb prohibition

Rob M said:
Exo,
young Babs must see you as a role model then? I believe that
your speculations on identity were a contributing factor to the
premature demise of my own HIGHGATE HI-JINKS thread. You
poor man, you must be exhausted defending the bishop's honour
on what seems to be becoming an hourly basis. Is this voluntary
or is some kind of stipend involved?

It was not me, but someone else, who speculated about your identity on the thread you identify ~ as anyone visiting will see.

If I'm exhausted at all, it is having to contend with trolls ~ no names, no pack drill.

Re: Re: vampire/robin hood muddle satanic ceremonies etc

Exorcistate said:
This issue is nothing to do with Mrs Green's faith in Robin Hood, or mine in Jesus Christ

you make me laugh exo, you wont answer the question,are you a politician? you try to brush it off by telling us the quote is on a certain topic then spout as much as you can about everything but the question! you wind yourself up in knots trying to justify yr every thought,i imagine you frantically typing mumbling away like zippy off of rainbow........... ;)

I really think that exo must be beginning to realise that folk are no longer impressed by his skills of writing and formulating arguments/discussions. They have deteriorated into (as was said previous) political style babble, defensive turn arounds and a bad habit.He thinks that his own dubious actions are "cancelled out" if someone rebukes him. He thinks I am a flamer and a troll.

He reads other threads and then posts his usual guff.

Hypothetical quotes will follow (so he cant report me for mis-quoting him)

"There is a thread about Robin Hood.....I know what I will do about that. I will speak of vampires."

"There is a thread about the problems that people have with me....tell you what, I will go and annoy them some more!"

Surely this constitutes "flaming" on a rather blatent level.

A couple of weeks ago someone described him as "amazing" and continued to defend him. That made me squirm. Bad actors continue to act because their family and friends tell them that they are great. Those days are passing for exo as more people are contributing some well thought and gracefully written criticisms. He is no longer viewed as...........anything positive really. He sees me as being more sinister than him. What a joke.

Those people who still defend him while ignoring EVERYTHING that we are saying are defending a man who IS A MEMBER OF A CHURCH WHOSE LEADER IS A VAMPIRE KILLING BISHOP.

Exo has stated that he believes in demons and vampires and that all the old stories are based on something other than a medical disease. (vampirism)

Defend away, you defenders of sinister things, you!:D

I have asked him so many questions that he has not answered which makes him and his church, shallow and anti-social.

ROBIN HOOD

TRUE STORY: When I was a very young boy.I use to watch the "adventures of robin hood", I believe the stars last name was "Green", anyway I was very excited every saturday morning when this came on..I would go around to the closets in the house and take out all the wire coat hangers..and pretend they were Bows!! of course this would bend them..and not please my mom to much..this did not last long,:cross eye

Re: ROBIN HOOD

ruffready said:
TRUE STORY: When I was a very young boy.I use to watch the "adventures of robin hood", I believe the stars last name was "Green", anyway I was very excited every saturday morning when this came on..I would go around to the closets in the house and take out all the wire coat hangers..and pretend they were Bows!! of course this would bend them..and not please my mom to much..this did not last long,:cross eye
My RH preference was When Things Were Rotten, a Mel Brooks produced show in the 70s, which was by and large a dry run for his abortionate Robin Hood: Men In Tights, only funnier. (Or it seemed so at the time: I was quite young.) All I really recall of it was a Sheriff who was probably the role-model for Alan Rickman's take on the same character in the Costner flick, and that Allan-a-Dale was a Puerto Rican immigrant.

robin hoods yorkshire connections

The reason I got interested in Robin Hood was because I came to live near his grave in West Yorkshire. Historical research then revealed that there were a great many other connections with Robin Hood in Yorkshire and that the legend had got distorted over the years with all the action seeming to take place in Nottingham shire and Sherwood Forest. Although some of the action took place there there was just as much in Yorkshire, all documented in old ballads such as the Little Geste and various historical documents kept in museums. It was also clear that the king in th legend was not Richard the Lionheart but probabaly Edward 11--who was gay(as was Richard actually). I found it very odd that Yorkhsire was being"kept in the closet" and when myself and some other people interested in the situation formed the Yorkshire Robin Hood Society, we found ourselves up against a stone wall as far as promoting the Yorkshire connections--nobody wanted to know!That is local councils and historical societies,tourism etc.
In particular there were major difficulties regarding access to Robin Hoods grave and Kirklees Priory gatehouse. It was during this time--the nineteen nineties,that the paranormal reports began to come through. At the moment, due to other influences,access to the grave seems to have improved. If anyone would like more info please e mail me, as it is rather a sensitive subject and not everyone wants to hear the entire rigmarole.I would say however that this Robin Hood story is just,if not more, as exciting than the old tv films--which I enjoyed also !THough not the latest stuff which is all fiction and fantasy.

Barbara

Holiday flat Kirklees Priory gatehouse

Kirklees Priory gatehouse where Robin Hood died is possibly going to be converted into a holidat flat (Brigouse Echo,13.9.02)
This grade 11 Listed building will surely lose all of its original atmosphere if such a scheme goes forward. Would it not be far better to have preserved it as a museum?

Barbara Green Yorkshire Robin Hood Society.

re: barbara green

are you related to the "mr.Green" who played robinhood in the tv series? :eek!!!!:

Its interesting reading Barbara's posting about the gatehouse becoming a holiday flat.

Recently I acted as consultant on "Scream Team" the new UK Living/Living TV show and one of the stories mentioned will be The Haunting of Robin Hood's Grave.

I told the researchers that it would be near impossible to gain access to film around the grave based on previous researchers difficulties with Lady Armitage, the owner of the estate. To my surprise, the researchers told me it was actually Lady Armitage's Publicist who had contacted Living TV with the story of the haunting!

It seems (allegedly) that Lady Armitage may be opening the grave to the public after all.

St.Clair said:
Hypothetical quotes will follow (so he cant report me for mis-quoting him)

"There is a thread about Robin Hood.....I know what I will do about that. I will speak of vampires."

Exo has stated that he believes in demons and vampires and that all the old stories are based on something other than a medical disease. (vampirism).

Barbara Green’s own completely independent recounting of a vampiric spectre near the alleged grave of Robin Hood is as follows:

“Like a bat she hung there for what seemed like an eternity, her black nun’s robes flapping eerily while her eyes flashed red and venomous and her teeth bared sharp and white between snarling blood-red lips.”

do vampires really exist ?and if not....what are they??

Britains foremost vampire hunter Sean Manchester investigated a 600 year old haunting in West Yorkshire with extraoridinary results.

" Then we heard it.......it grew louder..akin to a dreadful wailing......I quickly lit a candleabrum stuffed with five candles grabbed the largest crucifix available and s tepped into the path of the unearthly groaning.
"BEHOLD THE LIGHT!!" I shouted.

........the source of the wailing had manifested in the form of a darkly clad woman who at first appeared serene then rapidly altered into a hag with red staring eyes !

THE KIRKLEES VAMPIRE by Sean Manchester published by Orbis in the Unexplained magazine June 1992.

Glad to hear from Scream team that Lady A has mellowed,but at the time of the YRHS SHE WAS NOT AS cooperative. Times have changed and there are new people up at the estate who have

been influential in the metamorphasis.

Barbara Green Yorkshire Robin Hood Societ

PS I am not related to Richard Green !

Barbara Green

OH Darn!!! Barbara!!

And I just bent up a lovely batch of coat hangers for You!!:(

Exorcistate said:
“Like a bat she hung there for what seemed like an eternity, her black nun’s robes flapping eerily while her eyes flashed red and venomous and her teeth bared sharp and white between snarling blood-red lips.”

The above quote, attributed to Barbara Green, is sourced to her local newspaper, the Brighouse Echo, 12 November 1995. The same article also reported:

"All attempts to bless the grave, and therefore lay such 'ghosts' to rest, have been thwarted. In 1989 an application was made to Lady Armytage, the owner of the Kirklees estate, to hold a service of blessing at the graveside which followed rumours of vampire infestation, the discovery nearby of mutilated animals and reports of finger-width holes in the earth above the tomb (suggested escape routes for the 'undead'). In 1990 the Rt Rev Seán Manchester ... attended the tomb."

the haunting of robin hood's grave

This is now connecting up with Bishop Manchester and his vampires have me confused where postings on two witnessed hauntings have been posted, but to continue the story on the robin hood site seems more appropriate.
The background to the haunting is centred around Robin's death--on his way to Kirklees he ws cursed by a witch and bled to death by an apostate nun and her lover, the priest Red Roger of Doncaster. He was buried in unconsecrated grounds ouutside the nunnery precincts.
An elderly Lady, Mrs Ellis, reported hearing Marian calling for Robin when visiting her aunt at nearby Hartshead in the early nineteen hundreds. In the sixties guitarist Roger Williams, on two seperate occasions, saw a white lady with"mad eyes" gliding across the ground near Robin's grave.
A tenant farmer of Kirklees also saw the outline of Robin and the prioress in teh gatehouse window when he was r eturning home through the woods one night.His gun accidently went off and knowcked out two of his teeth. Mark Gibbons, a founder member of Gravewatch,also saw a white figure near the grave and two newspaper reporters who were on the land had a frighteneing experience when they heard pounding hooves and one of them was knocked to the ground by a silent force. Bishop sean Manchester's sighting has been reprted on the other sight, but again it was a woman he saw, as I did myself. The Bishop's
experience led him to conclude that the distrubance may be vampiric and he asked permission to hold a vigil at the site but was refused--1990.
The young heir to the estate state on the wwwforum that all this is "mumbo jumbo" but all these are independent sightings and recent information, from the e mail posted by Mr X( a person closely involved with Kirklees) on 6.8.02 Temple of Loon--which was displayed briefly on the mb--- says to Bishop Manchester that "it would be a gesture of goodwill to have the grave blessed...if I could persuade Lady Armytage that you should be allowed to perform the ceremony--and perhaps we would have to have you and a cof E vicar ", (THis is at odds with the writers earlier statement
in which my own membership the Cof E, is denigrated as a front for my "occult activities" and not to be taken seriously as cof e people are usually , he implies, just token Christians )
(The day following that e mail -which I did not know about until a week later when Exo obligingly published it and opened my eyes --I met Mr X in a pre arranged meeting to try s et up to try--I thought-- to achieve a better understanding of the Kirklees
situation.
However, that is a incidental sub plot to the haunting situation which I would be interested to hear from anyone what their views are. I do have a photogrpah taken near the gravesite of a misty aura with a sphere hovering over a colleagues shoulder. Video footage recorder no such phenomenon.

Barbara

Re: the haunting of robin hood's grave

barbara green said:
Bishop sean [sic] Manchester's sighting has been reprted [sic] on the other sight [sic], but again it was a woman he saw, as I did myself. The Bishop's experience led him to conclude that the distrubance [sic] may be vampiric.

Bishop Seán Manchester states on page 34 of The Vampire Hunter's Handbook (in a chapter titled The Kirklees Vampire):

"The wailing was believed to be our third companion yelling in great discomfort; having been caught up in brambles with cuts to his face and hands. He reported the source of the original noise we had heard was not him but a 'darkly clad woman'."

It is absolutely clear from the continuing text that this person alone witnessed a spectre on that occasion.

Bishop Seán Manchester has never recorded having seen anything personally at the site of the Kirklees grave, but admits to a "disturbed atmosphere" in common with many others.

The bishop, therefore, did not conclude from his non-sighting of the spectre in April 1990 that the afflicted area might be due to vampire contagion. This occurred in the winter of 1987, as recorded on page 29 of his aforementioned concise vampirological guide, when the discovery was made of animals drained of blood and unexplained holes were observed above the grave in question.

Barbara Green also claims that the bishop "asked permission to hold a vigil at the site but was refused--1990."

As stated on page 29 of The Vampire Hunter's Handbook:

"An application was made by the Vampire Research Society at the end of November 1988 to Lady Margarete Armytage, owner of Kirklees Hall Estate in West Yorkshire, to visit the burial site alleged to be that of Robin Hood on unconsecrated ground close to a priory ruin. A request to hold a nocturnal vigil near the grave in question was also made along with sundry queries."

If this is the level of Barbara Green's "historical research" of matters a dozen or so years ago, what reliance can be placed on her published research concerning centuries past?

Re: the haunting of robin hood's grave

barbara green said:
This is now connecting up with Bishop Manchester and his vampires ...

Barbara

Barbara Green protests too much. This is what she posted in the Dark Angel guestbook not so long ago:

Name: barbara green

Email address: [deleted by Exorcistate]

Comment: I read that you were looking for a yorkshire vampire--look no further ! To find the yorkshire vampire at kirklees look up http://www.robinhoodyorkshire.co.uk

robin hood was bled to death by the wicked prioress of kirklees

http://www.thedarkangel.co.uk/guestbook/index.php?show_page=16

Back