• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Greasy Strangler

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
New "cult" movie to enter the Sundance Film Festival.
It's obviously made to be a cult movie or reach cult status.

Probably inspired by early Peter Jackson movies and Troma movies.

This is a VERY NSFW video.

OK, I've seen this now. I laughed for the first five minutes until I noticed it mostly consisted of characters saying and doing the same things over and over and over again. It's like a baby's sense of humour, really that basic. Plus, there's only one female character and she is absolutely shat on (not literally, though it's a close thing). A bit baffled by the reaction that it's hilarious, to be honest.

OK, I've seen this now. I laughed for the first five minutes until I noticed it mostly consisted of characters saying and doing the same things over and over and over again. It's like a baby's sense of humour, really that basic. Plus, there's only one female character and she is absolutely shat on (not literally, though it's a close thing). A bit baffled by the reaction that it's hilarious, to be honest.
Considering the reviews, I think I will wait with buying the movie until I can find it in the £1 bin.

Considering what they do to her, I wouldn't be surprised. Being naked apart from a big, ginger merkin for most of it is the least of her worries. "Problematic" is a much-overused word, but maybe film wasn't the best place to work out the makers' attitudes.

I made it about halfway through this before I turned it off. I wanted to like it, but it was trying too hard. It's basically an hour and a half version of the trailer.

Back