• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

'The Great Global Warming Swindle': Is Climate Change A Myth?

At first I was a bit sceptical, as the main talking heads were Chinese or American and I thought that the two countries blamed for the most pollution would say that wouldn't they?
But when we had Scandinavian and Israeli scientists, not to mention the co-founder of Greenpeace all saying look at the science rather than blindly following the climate change narrative, I did find the argument quite compelling.
The persecution and cancellation of any scientists daring to challenge the narrative, was particularly chilling.
I eagerly await Ms Thunberg's response (if she hasn't spontaneously combusted yet)!
What struck me rigid, and explained it all quite simply was that we are still in an ice age - a recognised by science - Ice Age, so we can expect temperatures to rise (please excuse my ignorance)

Why don't they start all conversations about climate change with that.

What struck me rigid, and explained it all quite simply was that we are still in an ice age - a recognised by science - Ice Age, so we can expect temperatures to rise (please excuse my ignorance)

Why don't they start all conversations about climate change with that.
The climate is changing as it always has done. There's no question about that.

As with all things in modern society, 'they' have found a way to make lots of money out of it for those at the top which is paid for by those at the bottom. To my mind everything about carbon being the cause is just a pack of lies and I think those lies are slowly starting to unravel. And to think up until about 15 years ago, I was all for all things anti carbon.

The climate is changing as it always has done. There's no question about that.

As with all things in modern society, 'they' have found a way to make lots of money out of it for those at the top which is paid for by those at the bottom. To my mind everything about carbon being the cause is just a pack of lies and I think those lies are slowly starting to unravel. And to think up until about 15 years ago, I was all for all things anti carbon.
To be honest Ross, my education was lacking (it still is) when it comes to climate change - I havre a vague understooding of the science that surrounds this topic, energy altering when in a specific atmosphere...but.

The awareness that we are still in an ice age didn't enter my equation. That was the Penny that dropped.

I was never quite capable, unless it was blatant, of discerning falsehoods.:headbang:

To be honest Ross, my education was lacking (it still is) when it comes to climate change - I havre a vague understooding of the science that surrounds this topic, energy altering when in a specific atmosphere...but.

The awareness that we are still in an ice age didn't enter my equation. That was the Penny that dropped.

I was never quite capable, unless it was blatant, of discerning falsehoods.:headbang:
I don't have a clue about still being in an ice age.

My own view point is always follow the money. That is what all aspects of society is now all about to those in power. To me, the science is all about money. I know nothing much really about the science, I have watched so many videos about climate change both for and against carbon being the cause, but I understand the greed for wealth and power and control of the masses as the real cause. I go with wealth creation for the already super wealthy along with the never ending media induced fear factor as being the reason behind the carbon myth.

It's all about creating a system of control for the masses based on carbon emissions. Where you can travel to, bearing in mind the 15 minutes cities idea, what a person can do, based on their carbon footprint, and so on. It's all about control of people and what they can do and what they can't based on a system of what is supposedly good for the environment and what isn't. Hasn't anyone noticed the idea of eating bugs, etc, and the thing about cows farting and the shutting down of farms all over Europe by the state and so on? All in the name of saving the planet?

Read or watch about about it on the alternative media, which is rapidly becoming the source for the truth, and the incredible protests by farmers world wide. The MSM don't mention a word. Especially not the BBC. The British Brainwashing Corporation.

Last edited:
I neither trust nor distrust the government. It just is.
But I don't blanket distrust everything they claim. I examine and question each individual item on it's own merits.
I have to add: we have to do this because in appointing or using authorities greater than us, a certain amount of trust is necessary. You don't buy a guard dog and bark yourself.
Sometimes though you have to watch the guard dog in case it bites back without reason.

I don't have a clue about still being in an ice age.

My own view point is always follow the money. That is what all aspects of society is now all about to those in power. To me, the science is all about money. I know nothing much really about the science, I have watched so many videos about climate change both for and against carbon being the cause, but I understand the greed for wealth and power and control of the masses as the real cause. I go with wealth creation for the already super wealthy along with the never ending media induced fear factor as being the reason behind the carbon myth.

It's all about creating a system of control for the masses based on carbon emissions. Where you can travel to, bearing in mind the 15 minutes cities idea, what a person can do, based on their carbon footprint, and so on. It's all about control of people and what they can do and what they can't based on a system of what is supposedly good for the environment and what isn't. Hasn't anyone noticed the idea of eating bugs, etc, and the thing about cows farting and the shutting down of farms all over Europe by the state and so on? All in the name of saving the planet?

Read or watch about about it on the alternative media, which is rapidly becoming the source for the truth, and the incredible protests by farmers world wide. The MSM don't mention a word. Especially not the BBC. The British Brainwashing Corporation.
When you say "follow the money", I'm confused. Because the money has always been with (and still mostly is with) the companies who make money with oil and coal, petrochemicals, plastics, and other extractive industries or other companies that rely on those industries. Such industries have been suppressing the data for global warming using the same successful techniques that allowed tobacco companies to suppress the health effects of smoking.

So, the "follow the money" argument holds, but not as you suggest. To say "science is all about money" is an absurdity that suggests you have a narrow definition of science connected to products or technology. If you "know nothing much really" about climate science, then this argument rings hollow. It's frustrating when people pick and choose the science they like but get negative about it when it has political or lifestyle ramifications. We exist in modern society thanks to science. We live through disease and cancer thanks to science. We have an extremely high standard of living thanks to science. Sure, many outcomes of science result in correlated problems because we're humans and society is a very messy scene.

Science is also very complex. That's why there aren't that many PhD scientists in the world (and some of them still don't know what they are talking about) It's hard to figure out nature. It's also hard to explain it to people who have personal interests and biases. So, we need experts. And experts will disagree, and some will outright lie. But the bottom line is that climate change is supported by multiple lines of evidence, not just some people who say stuff.

At the risk of oversimplifying - greenhouse gases are increasing predominantly due to human activity - these gases cause the planet to trap heat. There is no reasonable argument about this. The problems come when we try to figure out if and what we should do about that because it likely means big changes we aren't comfortable making.

Regarding the "ice age" issue: Do you REALLY THINK that scientists who have been studying climate models for decades haven't thought of that and worked that into models? That is not a valid excuse to ignore the unprecedented rates of warming.

At the risk of oversimplifying - greenhouse gases are increasing predominantly due to human activity - these gases cause the planet to trap heat. There is no reasonable argument about this. The problems come when we try to figure out if and what we should do about that because it likely means big changes we aren't comfortable making.
It's not just about feeling uncomfortable about it, it's knowing that making these changes could lead to billions of people dying.
Not making the changes will probably lead to fewer people dying.

Regarding the "ice age" issue: Do you REALLY THINK that scientists who have been studying climate models for decades haven't thought of that and worked that into models? That is not a valid excuse to ignore the unprecedented rates of warming.
They've only used the last 200 years of climate data.
Does that take into account the Roman warm period, the mediaeval warming period and the start of the mini ice age?

It's not just about feeling uncomfortable about it, it's knowing that making these changes could lead to billions of people dying.
Not making the changes will probably lead to fewer people dying.
I'm not following. How will food instability, loss of water resources, mass migration, higher rates and spread of tropical diseases, and more extreme weather events lead to fewer people dying?

Edit: I would add that air pollution from burning fossil fuels is already a major source of health issues. So, getting rid of them (depending on the replacements) might, in itself, be a human health improvement overall that results in less mortality worldwide.

Last edited:
The models are just that. Models. They are not facts. That the planet is warming is a fact. The cause is in question.

I also don't need to know the science. I only need to understand how greed, avarice and deception works. It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled.

Well- it had to happen eventually. I think today (21 Mar 2024) might be the day when 'Climate Change' broke.

I would seriously recommend that you watch all 1hr21mins of Ivor Cummin's substantial climate change debunk documentary.

You're welcome. And I'm truly-sorry if this shatters your worldview.

ps it's getting 2k+ watches per hour, but that is accelerating.
pps the excellent documentary isn't actually Ivor's: he is (deservedly) just introducing it (the tour de force is written & directed by Martin Durkin)
ppps now we need to consider: what has really been going on?

As a youth who was impressed with the Sunday Times article on the future as an ice age in the seventies - largely by the illustrations as well as the ‘facts’, I’ve kept my eye on things and nothing in this video is a surprising revelation. Common sense dictates that putting thermometers on airfields is useful in detecting a runway tarmac melt point but is unrealistic in terms of calculating average of temperature. Rural thermometers are now urban thanks to town and city expansion and are less reliable than the original intent. Common sense would back this up. A counter culture pressure is always going to be directed at government but also impotent rage is aimed at inconveniencing the life of Joe Soap. I’m not talking from a time’s arrow point of view here. I’ve seen the same thing in student demonstrations and their cardboard coffins and skull masks on Ban the Bomb demonstrations. I can guarantee many of those students are living quite nicely as managers turning a blind eye to environmental issues right now as Cash is King.
There’s no fool like an old fool - except for a gullible youth demonstrating without a knowledge of history, critical thinking and independent research.
The school system used to teach pupils how to research, think critically and essay their own thoughts. These days, it just indoctrinates and tells them what to think.

The models are just that. Models. They are not facts. That the planet is warming is a fact. The cause is in question.

I also don't need to know the science. I only need to understand how greed, avarice and deception works. It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled.
So, you don't understand what models are either? The cause isn't in question. It's a rise in greenhouse gases. Full stop. That creates other effects. Sorry but you're just not adding to your credibility here by saying you don't understand it, but you understand it IS this reason...

Makes no sense.

Science is also very complex. That's why there aren't that many PhD scientists in the world (and some of them still don't know what they are talking about) It's hard to figure out nature. It's also hard to explain it to people who have personal interests and biases. So, we need experts. And experts will disagree, and some will outright lie. But the bottom line is that climate change is supported by multiple lines of evidence, not just some people who say stuff.
But it isn’t science here. It’s the censorship of those who risk career suicide by saying the ‘wrong thing’.

But it isn’t science here. It’s the censorship of those who risk career suicide by saying the ‘wrong thing’.
Says who? A small contingent of people who have opinions. So what?
If you say something that is unsupported by evidence, yeah, that's not good for your career.

It sometimes takes a long time for a paradigm to be overturned. But having a good argument makes that effort go faster.

I'm not buying the conspiracy ideas here. Science isn't a single monolithic body with a controlling force. It's international and often not hampered or dictated by big business.

Says who? A small contingent of people who have opinions. So what?
If you say something that is unsupported by evidence, yeah, that's not good for your career.

It sometimes takes a long time for a paradigm to be overturned. But having a good argument makes that effort go faster.

I'm not buying the conspiracy ideas here. Science isn't a single monolithic body with a controlling force. It's international and often not hampered or dictated by big business.
Have you watched the video? There is evidence. Plus, there’s a ton of money to be made on a Study of Albino Mice Learning Pronouns - and Climate Change. That’s how funding works apparently.

Yes, censoring contrary views goes against the scientific method.
The scientific method is not a step-by-step process. No one is censoring views. Obviously, you are telling me how much of these ideas are out there. Part of scientific norms is critique. A bad argument is (probably) going to eventually fail.

I'm not following. How will food instability, loss of water resources, mass migration, higher rates and spread of tropical diseases, and more extreme weather events lead to fewer people dying?

Edit: I would add that air pollution from burning fossil fuels is already a major source of health issues. So, getting rid of them (depending on the replacements) might, in itself, be a human health improvement overall that results in less mortality worldwide.
Food instability? Here in the West, governments everywhere are trying to stop farming, in the name of the green agenda. They are trying to starve us into submission. If they'd only stop, everything would be just fine.
Loss of water resources? There is more precipitation, thanks to global climate change. Some of this (long-term) will benefit dry parts of the world, re-greening the planet. Here in the West, loss of water resources is largely because of water company mismanagement and lack of infrastructure investment, coupled with an immigrant-fuelled rise in population.
Tropical diseases? Tell me how climate change affects that?
More extreme weather events? Did you watch the video?

Edit: Yes, I agree that we should get rid of fossil fuels long-term. Hence why I am always advocating nuclear as a good replacement for some of these fuels.

Food instability? Here in the West, governments everywhere are trying to stop farming, in the name of the green agenda. They are trying to starve us into submission. If they'd only stop, everything would be just fine.
Loss of water resources? There is more precipitation, thanks to global climate change. Some of this (long-term) will benefit dry parts of the world, re-greening the planet. Here in the West, loss of water resources is largely because of water company mismanagement and lack of infrastructure investment, coupled with an immigrant-fuelled rise in population.
Tropical diseases? Tell me how climate change affects that?
More extreme weather events? Did you watch the video?
No I didn't watch the video. Have you read the climate change reports?

Here is the WHO on climate change and health. This is not a UK problem, it's a global problem
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/climate-change-and-health

Climate change presents a fundamental threat to human health. It affects the physical environment as well as all aspects of both natural and human systems – including social and economic conditions and the functioning of health systems. It is therefore a threat multiplier, undermining and potentially reversing decades of health progress. As climatic conditions change, more frequent and intensifying weather and climate events are observed, including storms, extreme heat, floods, droughts and wildfires. These weather and climate hazards affect health both directly and indirectly, increasing the risk of deaths, noncommunicable diseases, the emergence and spread of infectious diseases, and health emergencies.

Climate change is also having an impact on our health workforce and infrastructure, reducing capacity to provide universal health coverage (UHC). More fundamentally, climate shocks and growing stresses such as changing temperature and precipitation patterns, drought, floods and rising sea levels degrade the environmental and social determinants of physical and mental health. All aspects of health are affected by climate change, from clean air, water and soil to food systems and livelihoods. Further delay in tackling climate change will increase health risks, undermine decades of improvements in global health, and contravene our collective commitments to ensure the human right to health for all.

The WHO... Hmmm.
I take everything they say with a massive pinch of salt now.

So, you don't understand what models are either? The cause isn't in question. It's a rise in greenhouse gases. Full stop. That creates other effects. Sorry but you're just not adding to your credibility here by saying you don't understand it, but you understand it IS this reason...

Makes no sense.
Models are not proof. The cause of CO2 levels increasing is not proven.

I know that carbon levels are increasing which according to a lot of what I've read and seen on videos is a good thing. It's plant food. Crops grown better and faster the higher the level of CO2. I've watched videos of experiments of plants and crops being grown in different levels of CO2. The higher the level of CO2, the better they grew.

What about urban heat index? All the buildings and tarmac roads? It is well known that temperatures during winter are cooler in the countryside than they are in the town.

Immediately after 9/11 all flights in the US were grounded for 3 days. Temperatures at night were 5C lower as a result. The reason put forwards being lack of aerosols in the air.

Also, during the period of about 1910 to the 1970's, trillions and trillions of fridges worldwide were scraped. CFC's are a green house gas.

Another thing that has always bothered me. Why his global warning only causing bad effects? Listen to the doom mongers. They never say any good effects about global warming.

Back