• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Guardian: 'He Quit Heading The Pentagon’s UFO Office. His Report Has Shaken Up Ufology'

Paul_Exeter

Justified & Ancient
"Sean Kirkpatrick has faced threats for his work – and a new report concluding no evidence UAPs represented extraterrestrial tech has sent ufology into a tailspin."

“I’ve had people threaten my wife and daughter, and try to break into our online accounts – far more than I ever had as the deputy director of intelligence [of US Strategic Command],” Kirkpatrick says. “I didn’t have China and Russia trying to get on me as much as these people are.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/22/ufologists-sean-kirkpatrick-pentagon-report-uaps

I could be wrong but hasn’t being a ufologist can be dangerous been discussed here ?

Graham Birdsall of UFO magazine, Max Spiers from the UK who was mysteriously killed in Warsaw, and Learjet Magnate, John Lear who laughed at threats as he never backed down saying a group of benevolent aliens worked with governments.

Graham Birdsall who stated in his British UFO Magazine that he was close to the truth supposedly died instantly from a a brain bleed.

Stanton Friedman, when he was alive, claimed he was always dealing with skeptics.

I just read a book allied The Secret Life of a Spook by Peter Paget who write the Welsh Triangle. I’m not a believer in conspiracy theories as I tend to think the simplest explanation is often the right one, but according to him, he spent most of his life working in an undercover way for the British Govt and sometimes with the Americans. He mentions scientists etc who are ‘offed’ when what they know and talk about is deemed too dangerous, Shoemaker, for instance of the Shoemaker-Levy comet was one, but there were others.

There was a lot of yes there really are aliens and the govts know about it and we’re a lot of sheeples, etc so I read it more like a novel than a biography. It would be pretty terrifying if it were all true.

We did mention this article in an earlier post,
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...owledge-disclosure.65864/page-83#post-2334649
but it deserves its own thread.

The full transcript is fascinating.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/se...at-the-guardian-transcript.13399/#post-312954

For instance:
Daniel Lavelle 08:23
Sure. So let's jump straight into the ARRO stuff. Can I talk about where this all started? I mean, for the public, this most recent spate of the UFO craze, if you like, with the New York Times article. So those three videos that came out, do we know what Gimbal is now? Because that's the one that everyone goes to the one that looks like a flying saucer that rotates? Do you now have an idea of what that is?
Sean Kirkpatrick 08:57
We have again, we have had a hypothesis of this is how the sensor operates on that particular platform. There are different types of sensors that do different things we were in, at least when I was there I was in the process of actually obtaining one of those to measure it. Because again, it's a [unclear] what can you recreate? We did not get around to doing that before I retired, so I don't know where they are on that. But that is most likely a senso, I won't say it's not an artefact, but that's just how the sensor operates. We see that in a number of different other sensors. But that needs to be proven. Prove it and get, actually go get that platform, put it in imaging chamber, and recreate it that [unclear]
B]Daniel Lavelle 10:02[/B]
One of the theories out there put forward by a sceptic called Mick West is that it's glare from a heat source. Is that accurate? Do you think? In the case of Gimbal,
Sean Kirkpatrick 10:16
You mean as what the source is? (the) source could be any number of things, right? The source, and even a weather balloon will give off that kind of glare if it's Mylar, it's got enough shiny [unclear] on it, the sun's just right. So all of that kind of analysis has to go into those kinds of videos. Unfortunately, there's not really enough, a whole lot of the information that we need to do that level of analysis is not in that video: the raw video, the raw data, and that raw data that's not available.
Daniel Lavelle 10:56
And that video cuts off for the public, but is the more of that video that you've seen.
Sean Kirkpatrick 11:03
No, there's no more.
Daniel Lavelle 11:04
It just cuts off where it cuts off.
Sean Kirkpatrick 11:07
That's when they stopped recording.
So there is no more evidence in the Gimbal case. Interesting.

He mentions scientists etc who are ‘offed’ when what they know and talk about is deemed too dangerous, Shoemaker, for instance of the Shoemaker-Levy comet was one,
Eugene Shoemaker was an expert in meteor craters and comets. Absolutely no reason he should be killed, and I've never heard anything quite so ridiculous. Shoemaker was killed in a car crash, but his wife survived. As a method of assassination, car crashes are very unreliable; given a slightly different angle of impact and velocity, Shoemaker could have survived and his wife killed, or both could have survived.
Paget seems like an unreliable source, to say the least.

Last edited:
Learjet Magnate, John Lear who laughed at threats as he never backed down saying a group of benevolent aliens worked with governments.
John Lear died at the age of 79, in his sleep. Lear was the person who brought Bob Lazar to the attention of the world; very few UFOlogists believe anything Bob Lazar says, and just about everything Lear said was nonsense.

Shoemaker could have survived and his wife killed, or both could have survived.
Paget seems like an unreliable source, to say the least.

Something, something, remote road why would there be a car crash, but probably people on remote roads do drive fast as there’s so few people about. I know rural locals round here drive like there’s no-one else on the road.

There’s no way of verifying anything PP (or anyone else like that) says unless you had access to their employment history, I suppose And a whole lot more.
I’m not sure anyone but conspiracy theorist really believe aliens work with the governments &etc as it’s been written about for years now and there’s never any proof. Or there is but it can’t be shown because it’s ‘secret’. It goes on and on.

I just read a book allied The Secret Life of a Spook by Peter Paget who write the Welsh Triangle. I’m not a believer in conspiracy theories as I tend to think the simplest explanation is often the right one, but according to him, he spent most of his life working in an undercover way for the British Govt and sometimes with the Americans. He mentions scientists etc who are ‘offed’ when what they know and talk about is deemed too dangerous, Shoemaker, for instance of the Shoemaker-Levy comet was one, but there were others.

There was a lot of yes there really are aliens and the govts know about it and we’re a lot of sheeples, etc so I read it more like a novel than a biography. It would be pretty terrifying if it were all true.
My understanding of Peter Paget is that he used to run the Starchild Centre in Warminster where Ufologists could meet and also lodge whilst visiting Cradle Hill etc. His Welsh Triangle book back in the 1970s sold well but otherwise he seems to have struggled as a writer and it has been alleged that he was later prosecuted for benefit fraud. The idea that he was working undercover for the British Government is laughable in my opinion but let us imagine that he did: if so, he would have accrued a generous Government pension for all those years of undercover work and so the very last thing he would do is blow his cover, contravene the Official Secrets Act and lose his pension.

The full story:

For the record, I enjoyed his Welsh Triangle book and he played a significant role in those heady days of Ufology but I draw the line at the claims he has made later in his life and in the revised edition of the Welsh Triangle.

Last edited:
As an aside; the famous comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 was discovered by the husband-and-wife team of Eugene and Carolyn Shoemaker (as well as by David Levy independently at the same time). Carolyn Shoemaker, who survived the crash that killed her husband, died in 2021 at the age of 92. She discovered or co-discovered 32 comets and 500+asteroids.

She reminds me of Caroline Herschel, who discovered many comets and nebulae while working with her more famous brother William.

Last edited:
My understanding of Peter Paget is that he used to run the Starchild Centre in Warminster where Ufologists could meet and also lodge whilst visiting Cradle Hill etc. His Welsh Triangle book back in the 1970s sold well but otherwise he seems to have struggled as a writer and it has been alleged that he was later prosecuted for benefit fraud. The idea that he was working undercover for the British Government is laughable in my opinion but let us imagine that he did: if so, he would have accrued a generous Government pension for all those years of undercover work and so the very last thing he would do is blow his cover, contravene the Official Secrets Act and lose his pension.

The full story:

For the record, I enjoyed his Welsh Triangle book and he played a significant role in those heady days of Ufology but I draw the line at the claims he has made later in his life and in the revised edition of the Welsh Triangle.
Matt Williams - the guy in that video - does superb drone vision of crop circles. He made some quite famous CCs back in the 90s which were instantly ascribed to THEM by the Glickmans et Silvas of yore. I used to interact with him on the long defunct Crop Circle Connector forums where the battelles royale between humans and idiots regularly had me in stitches. Dike and Fussell closed it down poste haste after it got properly litigious. Matt used to troll the high priesthood of Credulity mercilessly. I followed his YT channels for a while until he descended into deepest rant-raverdom. I sometimes wonder if he posts here, but I doubt it as he has a fairly stout MO I'd recognise pretty quickly. If he does - still luv ya, mate.

llolll.gif

Back