The Hexham Heads

hunck

Justified & Ancient
Thanks for posting. That podcast is hard work - it's like listening to Bill and Ted when they know their Mum's gone out and they can try to impress each other by swearing o_O.

Yet again the British Museum is mentioned as a somewhere the Heads ended up after being with Anne Ross. I'm not sure whether they're taking their information from the same sources as Nick Redfern (see post #253) or they have another source, but once again they don't tell us where this information is coming from. It's frustrating because I'd like to close this angle off as a definite dead end but people keep mentioning the British Museum so I keep trying to find out information about it and getting nowhere.
How about an email to them asking them? I reckon you'd get a reply.

Schloup

Junior Acolyte
An email to who? The podcasters or the British Museum?

If it's the British Museum a reply is unlikely although I could give it a go. Working in a similar setup myself I know that vague enquiries with no sources are unlikely to get anywhere. That's why any mention of a source goes a long way in telling a museum that you're serious and not just using them to do the leg work for you.

hunck

Justified & Ancient
An email to who? The podcasters or the British Museum?

If it's the British Museum a reply is unlikely although I could give it a go. Working in a similar setup myself I know that vague enquiries with no sources are unlikely to get anywhere. That's why any mention of a source goes a long way in telling a museum that you're serious and not just using them to do the leg work for you.
The British Museum. Don't be vague, tell them you're researching it. You could send photos. If they'd had them, it would've been catalogued & traceable in their collection. Why they'd then let them go I don't know - ownership claimed by someone? - it sounds implausible to me.

Museums are generally helpful in my experience. I once found an interesting stone on a beach years ago took it into the Natural History Museum & someone actually came & looked at it & informed me it was a fossilised sponge.

Schloup

Junior Acolyte
To be honest I'm jaded by the whole thing. False leads, promises of FT articles which never materialise etc. I think I've done enough for now by maintaining the blog. I'll take a break and see if someone else can turn anything up while I concentrate on more productive research projects.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member

Krepostnoi

Viva la Quinta Brigada
Another excellent blog post from the Urban Prehistorian has just been published. I think this gets nearer to the truth than anything else I've read for a long time.

We're also promised part four at some point which is definitely something to look forward to.
The Curse of Dad's Army is a fantastic joke, and all credit to Viz comic, who first came up with the idea years ago. Further proof that the Sunday Sport is a contemptible rag. Yer man seems bizarrely fond of it, though... Apart from that lapse, I'd agree it's an excellent read.