• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Sandman: TV Show On Neil Gaiman's Dream

MrRING

Android Futureman
He's doing it, so it should be good!
There is another world that waits for all of us when we close our eyes and sleep — a place called the Dreaming, where The Sandman, Master of Dreams (Tom Sturridge), gives shape to all of our deepest fears and fantasies. But when Dream is unexpectedly captured and held prisoner for a century, his absence sets off a series of events that will change both the dreaming and waking worlds forever. To restore order, Dream must journey across different worlds and timelines to mend the mistakes he’s made during his vast existence, revisiting old friends and foes, and meeting new entities — both cosmic and human — along the way. Based on the beloved award-winning DC comic series written by Neil Gaiman, THE SANDMAN is a rich, character-driven blend of myth and dark fantasy woven together over the course of ten epic chapters following Dream’s many adventures. Developed and executive produced by Gaiman, showrunner Allan Heinberg, and David S. Goyer.

Until I actually see it, I will keep my suspect that this is another case of I Knew The Bride When She Used To Rock'n'Roll....

I never thought Neil Gaimon was a good story teller.

We’re three episodes in and loving it. But can anyone explain why Jessamy the raven was a magpie? Maybe it was colourblind casting.

Enjoying it, I think it's nailed the central character well, but I thought the casting of Lucifer was a dud.

Good adaptation for me so far and enjoying it.

It was never going to be identical to the comic, but that's OK. It's not like the creation of the TV show causes the comic to cease existing. ;0)

I'm enjoying picking up the differences.

The first half of ‘The Sound Of Her Wings’ had me tearing up. Not seen something with that much emotion in a long time.

I'm in Madeira on holiday until Saturday so haven't finished the series yet. Whilst I don't want to come home, I can't wait to get my Sandman fix.

So far it's been everything I was hoping for and more.

I hadn't read the comic but my wife has and we both loved it. I don't know how much I've missed because I didn't read the books but I'll wait to see if there is a second series before I do read them. Sometimes its nice to watch the series before reading the book.

I didn't know what to expect as I knew next to nothing about the source material, but I was enchanted. It's been a long time since I've binged something and from about halfway through wasn't aching to get to the end so I can draw a line under it, even when enjoying it. In this case, I didn't want it to end, and I'm missing it.

I didn't know what to expect as I knew next to nothing about the source material, but I was enchanted. It's been a long time since I've binged something and from about halfway through wasn't aching to get to the end so I can draw a line under it, even when enjoying it. In this case, I didn't want it to end, and I'm missing it.
That’s why I got so excited when episode 11 appeared :loveu:

They are mad if they don’t renew it.
DCE11FFD-7F1A-47CD-974D-983CD66B3E4D.jpeg

I found it really boring :oops: I gave up on it after the diner episode.

With my usual adherence to 'coming late to the party', I've just started watching! I loved the Sandman graphic novels, and I'm enjoying the series as a different animal - because storytelling is different in different media.

Had a peep at the scene featuring Brienne of Tarth and it looks tasty. Will now proceed on the back of the solid thumbs ups on this thread. Thanks, lads.

Agree with all the positives after ep 1.

Sumptuous production. Hot casting. The titular character looks like a cross between NG and Marj Cameron's Jack Parsons. And Charles D's Magus invokes shades of Al C. The dialogue creeps me out. Spellbinding teev.

Ssssssssssplennndid.

Back