• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Shark Movies Thread

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
A large amount of shark movies has been released through the years.

Here's the latest one, Sky Sharks.

Just for reference, here are a few more.

Sharknado 1(2013)

Sharktopus(2010)

Dinoshark(2011)

Sand Sharks(2012)

Last edited:
Anyone seen The Shallows? It was presented as a serious shark thriller/drama, not like the usual shark fluff you get these days, but it still featured a shark bearing a grudge straight out of Jaws: The Revenge.

As if 'shark' isn't bad enough...it has to be toxic!

Factoid: The flesh of the Greenland shark is toxic because of the presence of high concentrations of trimethylamine oxide (TMAO).

has there been a good shark movie since jaws?

has there been a good shark movie since jaws?

Tonight I saw:

47 Metres Down: Two women go shark viewing in a cage but the cable snaps and they end up on the sea bottom - 47 Metres Down. And the sharks circle and attack. If they leave the cage there's a a likelihood of attack by the sharks but they have to do so to collect extra air tanks etc. They can't rush to the surface or they will get the bends.

Tension built up well and maintained until the end. Some savage shark attacks, some frightening sharks! 7.5/10.

I did like the Shallows - a good "caught along at sea" film I thought

And now sharks and Waterworld have a mash-up:

The Stath VS Shark...

timthumb.php

That poster's credits include "... and Cliff Curtis". Normally, the actor preceded by "and" would be someone famous, perhaps in a cameo appearance, but I've never heard of him!

That poster's credits include "... and Cliff Curtis". Normally, the actor preceded by "and" would be someone famous, perhaps in a cameo appearance, but I've never heard of him!

Cliff Curtis is the Maori actor who was in a few seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. Think he first made an impact in Once Were Warriors. I'm sure he's a nicer man than in that film in real life.

Cliff Curtis is the Maori actor who was in a few seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. Think he first made an impact in Once Were Warriors. I'm sure he's a nicer man than in that film in real life.
Ah - a series and a film that I'm only slightly aware of. No disrespect intended to Mr Curtis!

Back