• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Top Ten Best GHOST PHOTOGRAPHS Ever Taken

Moooksta said:
Here's the image

golden-lady.jpg

I don't buy it, not even the window looks like it's really in that wall.

akaWiintermoon said:
Moooksta said:
Here's the image

golden-lady.jpg

I don't buy it, not even the window looks like it's really in that wall.

Good thing I'm not selling it then.

It's one of my favourite "allegded" ghost photos.

The window was there when the cameras went to the location and filmed around it for the documentary. Link for documentary posted on this thread.

C'mov akaWintermoon even you have to admit beats the "Brown Lady" and the "Newby" bhost hands down.

If you are going to "faKe" a ghost....don't choose a window that already, obviously, is there and exists.

And for mooksake don't make it so pretty!

Again, Old Time........"GOLDEN not Purple" ladt.....thank you.

Moooksta said:
C'mov akaWintermoon even you have to admit beats the "Brown Lady" and the "Newby" bhost hands down.

No, because to me personnaly, it doesn't. The Brown Lady and Newby photos look a lot more genuine to me. I'm not stating they are true ghost photos but they just ring more true to me.
I find personnaly the window lady just looks like some bad eighties special effects.
I was not origonally commenting on your belief or lack of about the genuiness of the shots, just expressing my personnal opinion about them. In fact, like I have done above. ;)

"The Top Ten Best GHOST PHOTOGRAPHS Ever Taken" - too many suspect ones here, so how about a thread... "The top 10 most convincing ghost photographs ever taken" featuring ones that havent been debunked as fakes?????

Might be a short list. Perhaps to see a ghost you need a living thing as a "receiver" for the image.

Moooksta said:

If you are going to "faKe" a ghost....don't choose a window that already, obviously, is there and exists.

And for mooksake don't make it so pretty!

Again, Old Time........"GOLDEN not Purple" ladt.....thank you.
Id not seen these Golden Lady photos before this thread and to be honest these look less obvious than Newby and Raynham, and so to me would garner more interest, but thats just me.

I like the fact that there is a whole series of images rather than one opportunistic one. It also doesnt look forced or laboured over. Not to say it isnt fake, or misinterpreted. We come back to Escargots Classification:

escargot1 said:
We have 3 alternative explanations -

1. A real ghost
2. A clever fake.
3. A misinterpreted photograph.

Does anyone have a good background on the case - I saw the link to the video but I cant play videos on here.

gncxx said:
Might be a short list. Perhaps to see a ghost you need a living thing as a "receiver" for the image.

Interesting Idea!!!

Henry

From what recall two investigators went to check out the reputed haunted property, did some readings took some photos. Saw nothing.

Went home, developed the photos and The Golden Lady appeared. I think they're had been reports of the lady ghost before they took the photos but it was there photos that garnered the name...which I got wrong...she's the Golden Lady...not the Purple Lady.

I'd need to watch the doc again to get more details, apologies.

mooks

HelzAngel said:
gncxx said:

Interesting Idea!!!

Yeah, but what would be the transmitter? That's the question...

gncxx said:
Yeah, but what would be the transmitter? That's the question...

That would lead you on to a completely different topic of WHAT ARE GHOSTS?, and I'm sure there was a thread about that, but I can't find it

Back