• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Transdimensional Gas Station

auroraisit said:
I like the idea that when you really need something it can appear.

Or maybe your friend, consciously or otherwise, knows how to "manifest" his needs! A really good book on this subject is Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan. Not sci fi, despite the title. About a white woman going on a walkabout with aborigines, who recognize that the Universe will supply their every need, and demonstrate it in their everyday living. Mutant refers to those of who don't know how to live in harmony with the Universe. It sounds much to me like the spiritual precept of asking and receiving.

Although, truthfully, I think this gas station story is something else ENTIRELY. :shock:

Aouroborous said:
Mythopoeika said:
Fascinating story!
Perhaps you experienced a temporary slip into a parallel dimension where a gas station existed?
Or maybe 'the fairy folk' have technology and culture similar to our own?

Could you post a photo of the receipt slip, please?

Yes, I´ll dig it out and scan it just as soon as I get home again (I´m travelling at the moment.

/D

Just wondering, A, any luck finding that receipt, or any more info here? This story has stayed with me.

meowfur said:
Just wondering, A, any luck finding that receipt, or any more info here? This story has stayed with me.
And me!

Transdimensional gas station.

Don't worry about your english aouroborous i think it's fine. Your story was great!. I think that the old guy may come from the world war era but still thinks he is helping the war effort by helping his fellow human when they are in diar need. Maybe he doesn't relize he is in a time slip or another dimension..... maybe he found you just as strange and puzzling?!.

Hej David!

En fråga bara... Did the sign say Gas or Bensin? It was interesting to me that you said it was simply, Gas.

I think this story is simply stunning - even more so as it's written in a language which is not your native one. I'd go sa far as to say that it's written beautifully and the standard of grammar is way beyond most posts here. You should be very proud!

Anyway, to reiterate, this is a stunning story and one which is running round and round my head. What on earth was going on there? Will we ever know? Why are we here? What's it all about? etc. etc. etc.

The above point about the gas station (if it really was something spooky, that is) drawing attention to itself. Seems to happen an awful lot, doesn't it? Like cars inexplicably stalling when Bigfoot or a UFO turns up. We've always worked on the assumption that these things generate some kind of interference; maybe the stalling is the point!

"No, we've gone to a great deal of trouble to create this effect. You WILL stay and watch until we've damn well finished."

Ringo_ said:
Hej David!

En fråga bara... Did the sign say Gas or Bensin? It was interesting to me that you said it was simply, Gas.

Of course it said "Bensin"....maybe i should have written the swedish word...sorry ´bout that.

/D.

meowfur said:
[Just wondering, A, any luck finding that receipt, or any more info here? This story has stayed with me.

No, sorry. I´m in the middle of a divorce and haven´t had time (or energy, really) to go through everything. Bear with me, and I´ll post the pics when I have more time.

/D.

I was hoping the sign would have said Gas as that would have made it stranger still. Oh, well!

Lycka till med allt, Aouroborous.

On the subject of why some people seem to get help from 'guardian angels', what's to say it's anythiong to do with fate. Why can't there be helper entities randomly floating around and helping occasional people when they feel like it? Or maybe its the fairies

Aouroborous said:
No, sorry. I´m in the middle of a divorce and haven´t had time (or energy, really) to go through everything. Bear with me, and I´ll post the pics when I have more time.

/D.

Sorry. :oops: Take care of yourself and things that need your care, and keep in touch with us.

:likee:

meowfur said:
Aouroborous said:

/D.

Sorry. :oops: Take care of yourself and things that need your care, and keep in touch with us.

:likee:

Thanks. I needed that hug..:)

jaloopa said:
On the subject of why some people seem to get help from 'guardian angels', what's to say it's anythiong to do with fate. Why can't there be helper entities randomly floating around and helping occasional people when they feel like it? Or maybe its the fairies

I´ve recently started to read John Keel, who basically states that fairies, UFO:s, angels, mothmen etc are all different facets or manifestations of the same thing. I´m remaining sceptic, but the idea is compelling.

There´s one book by Keel (help me, please) which goes on and on about "windows" or areas where weird stuff can happens, or where different "powers" can enter the world.

/D

Aouroborous said:
I´ve recently started to read John Keel, who basically states that fairies, UFO:s, angels, mothmen etc are all different facets or manifestations of the same thing. I´m remaining sceptic, but the idea is compelling.

There´s one book by Keel (help me, please) which goes on and on about "windows" or areas where weird stuff can happens, or where different "powers" can enter the world.

/D

I believe it's "Our Haunted Planet"

Or it could be "Operation Trojan Horse". Keele reached the conclusion that we were dealing with ultra terrestrials rather than extra terrestrials

Just was rereading the post, the "clerk" filled out the receipt with a ball point? did you mean ballpoint? they weren't invented till the late 50's? so that would place the timeframe to about then.

1944 Allied D-Day landings at Normandy, France break German defences. "The Three Caballeros" by Walt Disney becomes the first film to combine live action and animation. Hungarian journalist Laszlo Biro invents ballpoint pens. Elizabeth Taylor stars in "National Velvet", filmed in California where Taylor was living as a war evacuee.

1953 US physiologist Ancel Keys suggests link between heart disease and high fat diet. Dr James Watson discovers the structure of DNA. Playboy magazine is launched. Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay reach summit of Mount Everest. Baron Bich launches Bic ballpoint in France. Queen Elizabeth II crowned.

http://www.didyouknow.org/history/20thcentury.htm

cpepinc said:
Just was rereading the post, the "clerk" filled out the receipt with a ball point? did you mean ballpoint? they weren't invented till the late 50's? so that would place the timeframe to about then.

Yes the 'eternit plates' covering the farmhouse would be another clue. As he says, these weren't used until the 50's/60's.

edit: Reading that back, it comes across as slightly sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be :)

Any new developments? Fascinating account, by the way, and no need to apologize for your excellent English. Most who have it as a first (and only) language could learn from you. And condolences on your divorce. :|

Aouroborous,
Very interesting information. Have you been able to find the invioce yet or remember anymore of the dissapearance?
Regards Tony

Im sorry, guys. I just haven´t found the time to go through my stuff - I´m living out of cardboard boxes at the moment.

I will get around to it one of these days, but right now I´ve got too much to deal with.

I´ll let you know when I find it!

/David

Hey

Captivating tale. If you do get chance, could you post a scan of that receipt. Also, are you still in contact with your friend and what are his recollections/impressions of the event?

The Strange Saga of Mr Squirrel

There's a slightly similar story in Joan Forman's The Mask Of Time concerning a Mr Squirrel of Norfolk; an elderly coin collector.

One afternoon in 1973, Mr Squirrel popped into a stationers in Great Yarmouth on the offchance that they would stock the little plastic envelopes he used to store his collection in.

The shop was located in a little cobbled yard, and was furnished in a manner befitting an Edwardian shop (complete with vintage till) - although it had a 'brand new' look about it. Mr Squirrel found that he was the only customer, and noticed that the shop was strangely silent - without even the hum of passing traffic.

He was served by a smart young lady in Edwardian-style dress, and was delighted to find that not only did the shop stock the envelopes he was seeking, but that they only cost a shilling for three dozen.

At the time, the decimal system was still relatively new in Britain, so it wasn't unusual for people to occasionally lapse back into thinking in terms of shillings. Mr Squirrel simply gave the young lady the decimal equivalent (presumably a 5p piece - although post-WW2 shillings were still in circulation then). She gave the proffered coin a long, hard stare, but accepted it without comment.

A week later, Mr Squirrel returned to the stationers, eager to snap up some more cheap envelopes. To his astonishment, the pathway outside the shop was now paved, not cobbled, and the 'brand new' interior of the shop now looked 'dark and weathered'. Moreover, the layout and stock were both completely different.

Mr Squirrel was served by an middle-aged woman who told him that the shop didn't stock the envelopes he was looking for, and never had. Moreover, she had been the only assistant for the past few years and had no idea who the "young lady" in Edwardian garb was who had served him on his last visit. And, she added, the shop certainly hadn't been redecorated since the last week.

Nevertheless, Mr Squirrel still had his envelopes as proof of his previous shopping trip - although he threw most of them out because they soon turned discoloured as if from old age. Ms Forman managed to obtain one of the remaining samples - 18 months after it had been purchased - and asked the manufacturers to analyse it. The results were rather ambivalent. Apparently, it was made of a type of Celluose - which would have been common in the 1920's (but certainly not in Edwardian times) - and appeared to be about 10 -15 years old.

So, it seemed that Mr Squirrel had bought brand-new 1920's envelopes from a brand-new Edwardian shop (which accepted decimal money) which had then aged 15 years over a period of only 18 months.

Fascinating story, Graylien! I´ll try to get my hands on that book!

At this end, my life is slowly returning to some form of normalcy after a long time of chaos. Someday soon I´ll try to sift through my stuff and see if I can fing the invoice slip and scan it. I´ll post it out of photobucket or some similar site.

I´d also like to voice how extremely grateful I am for all the replies I´ve got, both enthusiastic and sceptical.

/David

Yaay! You're still here! I was planning to give you a gentle nudge sometime this week, not meaning to be too pushy but I really enjoyed your post and can't wait for the scan!
I'm glad to hear things are getting a bit better, all the best for the New Year
:D

Fascinating story, Graylien!
Maybe it's 'proof' that time-travellers and interdimensional travellers are among us?

Aouroborous: I know I'm a little late to the party but I must say it is a great story. Possibly even bound to be a classic of the time slip-style reports.

Its the receipt which is a fantastic extra element. It actually means this is testable - radiocarbon dating is probably out but there are forensic tests that could be done on it (I'm sure they have comparison samples of paper and ink composiiton for example). There may even be receipt collectors out there (you never know) who might be able to give you a better idea of its age.

Also impressive is the stylistic dating efforts aided by the excellent description - slightly brings to mind Minority Report. ;)

On other thought - can anyone sell petrol in Sweden? I'm unsure what the planners or health and safety would permit anyone to do it. Some detective work in that direction could yield results.

cassandra78 said:
Yaay! You're still here! I was planning to give you a gentle nudge sometime this week, not meaning to be too pushy but I really enjoyed your post and can't wait for the scan!
I'm glad to hear things are getting a bit better, all the best for the New Year
:D

Thank you...:)

Back