• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Transdimensional Gas Station

I recently met someone who is an avid collector of “old stuff”, eccentric and quite well off. His collections are separately housed and themed and one theme is a mock 50s style fuel station/workshop filled with signs, cans, tools and all manner of related things.

Could the OP have stumbled on something like this rather than a real fuel station? This would assume that he was wrong about the location in some way.

I drive a lot of miles in Sweden with my job. I see these sort of places all the time here. I pass one really nice example regularily in a small town called Vittsjö. His front garden is a replica "forecourt" with two sparkling white, red and blue Gulf petrol pumps, various signs dotted about the place and even a bright red reconditioned pick-up truck with white walled tyres and chrome hubcaps. It looks great (but I wouldn't want to have it as my front garden). Strangely though, looking at Google Maps now and Streetview, I can find the place but no photos actually show what is usually on display. It's just pictures of it being built/converted from 2014-2019. Yet I have passed it several times since then (at least 4 times a year) and always look forward to seeing it (and of course, it obviously reminds me of this thread).

EDIT: Texaco pumps, not Gulf - sorry.

Last edited:
Fortean Times forum mentioned on the national Swedish Television website about the transdimensional gas station.
Unfortunately it's a podcast in Swedish (of course). I hope a Swede on this forum feel for translating it.

Google Translated article: CREEPYPODDEN: UNDER YTAN

I ran it through auto-translate a while back, there's nothing extra added really.

Here's the fuller version (of two):

https://translate.google.com/transl...manuskript/avsnitt-28-under-ytan/&prev=search

I drive a lot of miles in Sweden with my job. I see these sort of places all the time here. I pass one really nice example regularily in a small town called Vittsjö. His front garden is a replica "forecourt" with two sparkling white, red and blue Gulf petrol pumps, various signs dotted about the place and even a bright red reconditioned pick-up truck with white walled tyres and chrome hubcaps. It looks great (but I wouldn't want to have it as my front garden). Strangely though, looking at Google Maps now and Streetview, I can find the place but no photos actually show what is usually on display. It's just pictures of it being built/converted from 2014-2019. Yet I have passed it several times since then (at least 4 times a year) and always look forward to seeing it (and of course, it obviously reminds me of this thread).

EDIT: Texaco pumps, not Gulf - sorry.

Yes this did occur to me. I'm an avid watcher of American Pickers on the telly and they come across these replica garage forecourts frequently. You don't really see this stuff in the UK.

Hey nice that im not the only who drive around those roads!:) my phone died yesterday i taka a few pictures and also visit tha gas station i posted first. We need to find the guy that post the story, can we try wih mjölby kommun if they have records of workers? Try something i cant leave this now
Screenshot_20200329_160440.jpg
Screenshot_20200329_160433.jpg
Screenshot_20200329_160408.jpg
Screenshot_20200329_160425.jpg
Screenshot_20200329_160448.jpg
Screenshot_20200329_160417.jpg

Yes this did occur to me. I'm an avid watcher of American Pickers on the telly and they come across these replica garage forecourts frequently. You don't really see this stuff in the UK.

Yes I like that programme. Interesting characters and items with a bit of history thrown in. Oh to have the space!!

Sollywos x

How can we find david?

From the technical side, the message board holds no information whatsoever about him.

No email address, no i.p. address, no history.

It was all lost in the numerous changes of software and hosts.

Enjoyed reading all 22 pages of this , nothing else to do on a night with this lockdown , but as long as I've got interesting reading material I'm ok.

I so wanted him to turn up with that recipet though !!!

Enjoyed reading all 22 pages of this , nothing else to do on a night with this lockdown , but as long as I've got interesting reading material I'm ok.

I so wanted him to turn up with that recipet though !!!

I'm a bit jealous that you got to discover it and read it all from start to finish. It's been quite an emotional roller coaster this one.

Hey nice that im not the only who drive around those roads!:) my phone died yesterday i taka a few pictures and also visit tha gas station i posted first. We need to find the guy that post the story, can we try wih mjölby kommun if they have records of workers? Try something i cant leave this nowView attachment 24717View attachment 24718View attachment 24719View attachment 24720View attachment 24722View attachment 24723
Good photos there! As a matter of interest, are you able to identify from the price on the petrol pump, when it was likely to have been used last?

Good photos there! As a matter of interest, are you able to identify from the price on the petrol pump, when it was likely to have been used last?

It's hard to say because the price to pay (7kr 30 öre) when divided by the volume dispensed (15.5 litres) doesn't match the displayed price per litre (79.7öre ??). The calculation comes out to 46.7 öre per litre approx and that would mean the 30's or 40's. . Something is amiss.

If we go by 79.7 öre then we can presume that the per litre price would be a little higher than usual this being the only pump for miles around. So I hazard a guess at 1950 (when petrol prices spiked to 74.0 öre per litre) or 1958-1963 (71.0 - 78.0 öre per litre).

It's hard to say because the price to pay (7kr 30 öre) when divided by the volume dispensed (15.5 litres) doesn't match the displayed price per litre (79.7öre ??). The calculation comes out to 46.7 öre per litre approx and that would mean the 30's or 40's. . Something is amiss.

If we go by 79.7 öre then we can presume that the per litre price would be a little higher than usual this being the only pump for miles around. So I hazard a guess at 1950 (when petrol prices spiked to 74.0 öre per litre) or 1958-1963 (71.0 - 78.0 öre per litre).

It is an interesting little building. I'm sure metal sign experts will be able to date the signage properly but I would say that they were before the early 60's (iirc United States Rubber company became UniRoyal in the 60's). Surprised that the signs have survived either being sold or stolen. The exhaust silencers visible in the side window seem much more modern though. It's the sort of place I would have stopped at to see if there was any good/rare stuff for sale.

I ran it through auto-translate a while back, there's nothing extra added really. ...

Still ... There are things in the translated version of the podcast script that don't match what David wrote.

David: The shed was adjacent to a house with asphalt (Eternit) shingles / siding.
Podcast: The shed was near a barn with Eternit siding.

David: The shed had corrugated metal walls and a tar paper roof.
Podcast: The shed had "sheet metal" walls and a tarpaulin roof.

David: No mention of where / what surface was available for parking their microbus / van.
Podcast: There was a gravel area between the barn and the shed suitable for parking a vehicle.

David: The fuel pump was beside the "short end" of the shed, and it was orange-striped
Podcast: The fuel pump was "on the gravel plane between the shed and the barn", and it was "yellow-striped."

Miscellaneous:

The podcast specified that the road David and his coworker followed was county route 593. This is the most direct route between Västra Harg and Mjölby, but David never specified the road number. This is the road I'd always presumed to be the most likely one, and it's the road alongside which David's subsequently-posted geo-coordinates placed the TGS site..

His posted co-ordinates were:
58"17'32.49" N
15"10'52.93" E

I checked them out before but can't get them to work now in Google Maps. Can someone make it work and post a screen grab? IIRC when I got it to work his co-ordinates didn't point to the road in question.

His posted co-ordinates were:
58"17'32.49" N
15"10'52.93" E

I checked them out before but can't get them to work now in Google Maps. Can someone make it work and post a screen grab? IIRC when I got it to work his co-ordinates didn't point to the road in question.
Try this: 58°17'32.49"N 15°10'52.93"E

Or convert to decimal notation, which Google Maps will readily swallow:

CONVERSION (Google):

58.29235833 N
15.18138889 E

CONVERSION (Vardoger; in a previous post)

58.292361 N
15.181361 E

How can we find david?
Did anyone ever find David? And his transdimensional receipt?

His original post was so detailed, heartfelt and intriguing, but so much seemed to hinge on him having the hard proof of the receipt. I wonder if it eventually melted away, perhaps reclaimed by the alternate reality it came from....?

Is there a feeling now that the whole thing was just an exercise in creative writing? I am not a natural sceptic, but is that the vibe I'm getting in here? Or am I mis-reading the room?

Did anyone ever find David? And his transdimensional receipt?

His original post was so detailed, heartfelt and intriguing, but so much seemed to hinge on him having the hard proof of the receipt. I wonder if it eventually melted away, perhaps reclaimed by the alternate reality it came from....?

Is there a feeling now that the whole thing was just an exercise in creative writing? I am not a natural sceptic, but is that the vibe I'm getting in here? Or am I mis-reading the room?
I didn't get that feeling when I first read the story. But a lot of nasty things, illness or worse, can happen to people. I took four years to track down the witnesses to one possible time slip case, found that one of them had died, and then got no further response. It's a frustrating business. Another witness spoke of a photo showing his family besides a house that subsequently vanished, but was never able to find it, it seems. It's as though we are just allowed little glimpses into these phenomena, but no hard evidence -- although, to be honest, would a receipt or even a photo really provide solid evidence? I had a very odd glitch experience, a postman who didn't leave any prints in the snow when he delivered a package, and I took several photos of the scene -- my short article is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9nmssej971jrnt/THE_POSTMAN_GLITCH.pdf?dl=0
But all it shows is a snowy scene with no postman's footprints, so what sort of evidence is that?

Back