• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
You should start a thread on this. I personally wouldn't do the obvious and call it 'Confessions of a Window Cleaner' .. maybe George Formby's When I'm Cleaning Windows? .. Windowageddon? .. the topic sounds interesting to me anyway.
I've never seen anything window cleaning even when using ladders apart form shocking an 18 year old male having a shit on the bog. I only know of one window cleaner who interrupted a couple who were bonking.

Now I use a pole system. A brush on an extendable pole and pure water. No chance of ever seeing anything erotic.

I agree with all of that. My sarcasm knows no bounds with these people who decide to walk in and re write a menu. The Mrs had a couple tonight who presumably decided to re write her business opening times just to suit themselves. We all know there's exceptions when it isn't people's fault but we also know there's also p**s takers so after she'd tried to phone them at twenty to five for the last attempt of many but they were far too important to answer the phone to a pleb (she finished at five tonight. the entire place is otherwise closed to the public), she decided f**k 'em and came home. Otherwise they'd have rolled in with glib fake apologies them asked if she could also now make them a coffee .. but not yet because blah blah blah ... important business call .. and my son absolutely needs this special attention etc etc etc ..

We couldn't give a shit where they're going to stay tonight instead. In their car hopefully.

One of the biggest p**s takers I think I've ever encountered was when some bloke from California got drunk at my bar, met my Mrs, asked me if I'd mind if he could take her to a local nightclub then actually had the nerve give me 'daggers' when I said "No. You can't take my Mrs to a nightclub." ... I've heard of good customer service and going that extra mile and that but he was basically saying "I'm a customer. Can I **** your Mrs?." ... WTF?! ... and he was being completely serious?!. He wasn't joking. He actually thought in some parallel dimension that that was a reasonable request?.

Yeah, no problem mate. Would you also like the keys to our house and our car and our bank pin numbers while you're at it? ....
Why is that people turn up on time for a plane or train departure but treat restaurant opening hours as flexible to suit their needs? I remember one very busy bank holiday in a Devon bar and restaurant I managed. The kitchen team had been working flat out that evening when a young metropolitan couple walked in a good half an hour after last orders. When I explained that sorry, they were too late they confidently stated they had been recommended by the owners of the B&B they were staying, that other customers were still being served and they had seen an empty table, so what was the problem?

The problem with all of this is that I had already persuaded the kitchen to do one last table of four ten minutes earlier with the promise there were would be no more and a pint at the end of the shift. So if I now go in with another order I will have some severely p*ssed-off chefs and for what, maybe £60...? The couple weren't happy but I stuck to my guns and explained that the Indian in town was open and showed the=m the door...

Why is that people turn up on time for a plane or train departure but treat restaurant opening hours as flexible to suit their needs? I remember one very busy bank holiday in a Devon bar and restaurant I managed. The kitchen team had been working flat out that evening when a young metropolitan couple walked in a good half an hour after last orders. When I explained that sorry, they were too late they confidently stated they had been recommended by the owners of the B&B they were staying, that other customers were still being served and they had seen an empty table, so what was the problem?

The problem with all of this is that I had already persuaded the kitchen to do one last table of four ten minutes earlier with the promise there were would be no more and a pint at the end of the shift. So if I now go in with another order I will have some severely p*ssed-off chefs and for what, maybe £60...? The couple weren't happy but I stuck to my guns and explained that the Indian in town was open and showed the=m the door...
Spot on Paul. It's entitlement isn't it. Airports can't put up with people turning up late because of financial and safety reasons. I've managed restaurants as well and chefs don't take kindly to legends in their own minds types strutting in after hours and expecting that a bit of name dropping ("We know the owners!") is going to intimidate me into pissing off all of my staff. Pubs don't put up with that either. That's a different deal and it's called paying for a function room.

Have given this new one from Original Source a go.

A strange combo I thought at first, but it's not bad actually.

At least it's not coconut/cherry/mint/strawberry...................
os.png

I'd have it in a tin can if I had my way.

Rapist of Mother Gaia!

"7. Is Tin Sustainable?​

No, tin is not sustainable.

Metal is not a renewable resource, which means there is a limited amount on Earth, and once it runs out, it cannot be replenished.

In fact, a large amount of tin on the planet is already mined and is being used.

Mining for metal is also unsustainable due to the pollution it causes."

https://citizensustainable.com/tin-eco-friendly/

;)

maximus otter

Rapist of Mother Gaia!

"7. Is Tin Sustainable?​

No, tin is not sustainable.

Metal is not a renewable resource, which means there is a limited amount on Earth, and once it runs out, it cannot be replenished.

In fact, a large amount of tin on the planet is already mined and is being used.

Mining for metal is also unsustainable due to the pollution it causes."

https://citizensustainable.com/tin-eco-friendly/

;)

maximus otter
:chuckle:
But it is recyclable. And many tins now are zinc plated, rather than tin plated.

Beyond Meat Promises Their New Fake Meat Will Suck Less

Facing declining U.S. sales and massive layoffs, fake-meat producer Beyond Meat has a radical idea for their fourth-generation Beyond Burger patties and Beyond Beef ground... stuff: they'll make it better-tasting and more nutritious.

“Health is one of the top drivers to the plant-based meat category, and we feel a deep responsibility to deliver on that expectation for the consumer,” CEO Ethan Brown told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

3652020c-12f9-467b-bc23-3912df3eacc3-1052x615.jpg

...a single four-ounce serving of the old Beyond Meat was a sodium bomb, containing 17% of your USDA sodium needs. Since I make my (real) burgers out of six-ounce 80/20 patties, one burger — no seasoning, no toppings, no bread, no fries — would represent more than a quarter of the amount of sodium I should eat in a day.

One of my burgers contains just 6% of my USDA allowance. That's before I season them, of course, but they don't take much. Come over sometime, I'll fire up some charcoal in the Weber.

There wasn't much fat savings in a Beyond Burger patty, either — 20 grams vs 23 for the real deal. Although to be fair, the unhealthier saturated fats were much lower.

At our local Safeway, a 16-oz package of 80/20 ground chuck is $4.89. The same amount of Beyond Burger runs $14.98. That's a poor substitute for price-sensitive shoppers — which, these days, is almost everybody.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/202...s-their-new-fake-meat-will-suck-less-n4926671

maximus otter

Facing declining U.S. sales and massive layoffs, fake-meat producer Beyond Meat has a radical idea for their fourth-generation Beyond Burger patties and Beyond Beef ground... stuff: they'll make it better-tasting and more nutritious.

“Health is one of the top drivers to the plant-based meat category, and we feel a deep responsibility to deliver on that expectation for the consumer,” CEO Ethan Brown told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

...a single four-ounce serving of the old Beyond Meat was a sodium bomb, containing 17% of your USDA sodium needs. Since I make my (real) burgers out of six-ounce 80/20 patties, one burger — no seasoning, no toppings, no bread, no fries — would represent more than a quarter of the amount of sodium I should eat in a day.

One of my burgers contains just 6% of my USDA allowance. That's before I season them, of course, but they don't take much. Come over sometime, I'll fire up some charcoal in the Weber.

There wasn't much fat savings in a Beyond Burger patty, either — 20 grams vs 23 for the real deal. Although to be fair, the unhealthier saturated fats were much lower.

At our local Safeway, a 16-oz package of 80/20 ground chuck is $4.89. The same amount of Beyond Burger runs $14.98. That's a poor substitute for price-sensitive shoppers — which, these days, is almost everybody.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/202...s-their-new-fake-meat-will-suck-less-n4926671

maximus otter
Well if salt is the only real issue, that can easily be rectified.

As it says it's the saturated fats that you need to look out for and these are low.

(I don't buy these ones though anyway).

maximus otter
I'd much rather have a felafel instead.

I'd much rather have a felafel instead.
Yes, but homemade though I trust? Shop bought (here at least) are just a 95% doughy blob).

Took me quite a while to get it right and they have to be deep fried. It's just not the same in the oven.

It's not that difficult - the consistency can be awkward - but I've got one of those hand held 'bloop' things that measures a perfect size...so...and then there's the accompanying babaganoush (luvluvluvluv) that I seem to like...

Oh...I have two plump eggplant in the fridge...and then those chick peas...(let me think, it's 6:30 in the morn, soak until lunchtime).

Well, that's Lunch sorted...

Beyond Meat ingredients…
Water, pea protein*, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, dried yeast, cocoa butter, methylcellulose, contains 1% or less: potato starch, salt, potassium chloride, beet powder color, apple extract, pomegranate concentrate, sunflower lecithin, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, vitamins and minerals (zinc sulfate, niacinamide [vitamin B3], pyridoxine hydrochloride [vitamin B6], cyanocobalamin [vitamin B12], calcium pantothenate).

Beef ingredients…
Meat.

Beef ingredients…
Meat.
Maybe countless years ago that was true. It certainly isn't now. What is pumped into cows/bulls/cattle while they're alive as well as after killing them for consumption is just as chemical laden as most other foods.

The food industry is one big round up of chemicals to increase profits.

A quick search turned up this:

https://www.salon.com/2014/05/01/5_...d_industry_is_pumping_into_your_meat_partner/

edit: I'm a veggie and I'd never eat that Beyond Meat shit or any of the rest of the processed 'plant based' toxic swill.

Well I say never, it depends how much you'd be paying me.

Although I don't agree with shooting living animals, Mr Maximus Otter's shooting of deer is at least meat with no chemicals added.

Last edited:
Oh...I have two plump eggplant in the fridge...and then those chick peas...(let me think, it's 6:30 in the morn, soak until lunchtime).

I can be there in 48! will the aubergine hold out until then?????? :bpals:

It's not that difficult - the consistency can be awkward - but I've got one of those hand held 'bloop' things that measures a perfect size...so...and then there's the accompanying babaganoush (luvluvluvluv) that I seem to like...

Well, that's Lunch sorted...
Yes definitely dried chickpeas for falafel, although I soak them for a good 24 hours.

Once in Israel, a woman holding a baby made me falafel. One handed, over a vat of boiling oil.......

Babaganoush is good, but Shakshouka is my favourite.

To think, I broke out in a sweat at the postbox after nearly posting my phone instead a letter in there. :dunno:
It wasn't that bad to be honest. The baby was in no danger, but it just struck me as funny how she was able to do it.
I get arm ache just changing the duvet cover.

It wasn't that bad to be honest. The baby was in no danger, but it just struck me as funny how she was able to do it.
I get arm ache just changing the duvet cover.
It certainly was dangerous. Not my baby though so :dunno:

Scalding is a signifiant cause of child injury and mortality in Israel.

Yes definitely dried chickpeas for falafel, although I soak them for a good 24 hours.

Once in Israel, a woman holding a baby made me falafel. One handed, over a vat of boiling oil.......

Babaganoush is good, but Shakshouka is my favourite.
Interesting Floyd, that shakshouka is how i do my chops - both forequarter and loin - without the eggs...and nice and slow.

The spices are very similar too.

Back