• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The worlds scariest ghosts

"I went into the house and the cupboards where opening and closing on their own..."

and then i turned it off.

let me guess the follow up bit...

some easily faked door movement, or perhaps an orb (which in reality is a piece of dust)

No, i think you actually see stuff move "on it's own"

They save the orbs till nearer the end.

*Edit* Ok... you don't see stuff move. But i was right about there not being orbs.

There are some moving things a bit later on.

Seen this before. And I must say that compared to Most Haunted it is VERY entertaining. And the rock video spook is really eerie. One of the best things I've seen on video actually. Well worth a download.

I have to say that all that footage of stuff moving just looks so faked. A couple of things dramatically move just briefly and one after the other, just enough for a good television clip. The ghost photos look way over the top too. Seems to good to be true to me.

Alright Dave, how's it going?

Sorry mate but that was a bit naff! It all comes across as a bit staged.

I saw the footage of the guy being "hung" in the attic before --
creepy then, creepy now.

What the Bravo program DIDN'T show was the fantastic shots of
orb/light anomalies that were seen around the outside of that house.
Most convincing evidence of orb activity I have ever seen.
Nothing else has ever come close. It looked like fireflies pushing open
the gate or entering a shed just before a ruckus was heard inside.

The Colorado house in the woods also had some amazing shots
of faces in the mirrors. It looked like people lined up and looking over
each others shoulders watching the photographer.
I think "Sightings" originally aired those photos.

Good find!
TVgeek

TVgeek said:
I saw the footage of the guy being "hung" in the attic before --
creepy then, creepy now.
Creepy yes, but potentially easily staged. Not that I'm trying to be a sourpuss - just thought that some of the stuff wasn't very convincing. Like the table and chair moving stuff - so easy to tug off camera to make it look supernatural.

I'm not always this skeptical - you just have to be rather than accepting it all as contact from the other side!

There was stuff at the end of the program showing orbs outside the house. And it looked way over the top. Then they showed the giant orb thing which was just ridiculous.

I like the rock banf video ghost.

Does any other website have info on this, stills etc??

I have not got sound on my works pc, does anyone know the name of the band?

Chris_H_Baker said:

Does any other website have info on this, stills etc?

Yes. I imagine so.

Please give more info on rock banf.

Chris_H_Baker said:

Does any other website have info on this, stills etc??

I have not got sound on my works pc, does anyone know the name of the band?

Yeah, I also found that very eerie indeed. However, you have to bear in mind that this band aint exactly U2, and, if sticking a spook in the vid gets it more publicity then, why not?

Better than that 'Dead Famous' show at least.

Frobush said:
Chris_H_Baker said:

Does any other website have info on this, stills etc?

Yes. I imagine so.

Please give more info on rock banf.

I remember watching the program on bravo about 4 years ago and again at christmas 2005.

I think the band was called 'wild thing' or something like that.

I am sceptical though about bands/hotels etc who report a ghost when there is potential for publicity stunt

The rock video ghost just looked like a dark patch of vegetation or shadow to me. I don't think it moved like a person/ghost person would.

mindalai said:
The rock video ghost just looked like a dark patch of vegetation or shadow to me. I don't think it moved like a person/ghost person would.

Are you looking at the same thing as everyone else? It looks like a person.

looks like a man in black leaning on the walls? That's what I'm looking at anyway. I can see that it looks like a person but when the camera pans round it I see it as something casting a shadow that looks like a person. I think the pale blob that looks like a face is something seperate from the "body". Maybe light on the stone or something.

Hang on...

Right. Got a screen grab of the bit I mean.

videoghost.jpg

I think it's a big chunk of masonry or something leaning against the wall and the side facing towards the camera is in shadow which happens to be in the shape of a body. The pale blotch above it just happens to make it look like it has a face. If you look closely it doesn't seem connected at all. That's just how I interpret it of course.

In fact, now I've looked again the pale blob just looks like a continuation of the wall rather than anything else.

I think you're right - the "face" is just another bit of the wall. The dark shape, devoid of a "head", could be anything leaning against the wall. I'd say it's a simulacra, too.

From another angle, ie head on, it'd probably look utterly prosaic.

If that's a ghost, he's from the seventies. Is that a flared trouser I spy?

Looks like Michael Jackson in his hay day, but with an invisible face lol

I could accept the simulcra theory more easily IF we were talking about this single image. However, this is just one shot from many, and yes, there were indeed different angles that featured the 70s rock fan.

I agree with the simularca theory, and the head seems totally missing, but the shape is too irregular to be a plant or anything leaning against the wall. What can it be?

It looked like some sort of ruins so I'd guess at a big chunk of rock or a bit of the wall that's fallen down. Although it actually looks a bit like a coffin.

I found it quite amusing that they all instantly jumped to the conclusion that it was a ghost. Blatant bit of publicity going on there - just like Three Men and a Baby...

I remember seeing this when it was aired on (I think) channel 5 a couple of years ago. The only one that really made me think 'wooh' was this rock video figure and I gotta admit, seeing it on TV left me in no doubt that it was either an apparition or a real person. Looking at it on the computer screen it could be a simularca, but at the time I was convince. It seemed to be slouched against the wall, very clearly wearing long dark trousers and white shoes, watching the filming of the video. if, and I mean IF, you can believe the testimony that no-one else was around at the time then it's quite spooky, but as has already been suggested it was probably excellent publicity.

The rest of the prog, from what I remember, was full of bearded American hicks telling improbable stories about their 'night of terror' or terrifying encounters with evil spirits complete with English voiceover to try and gloss over the sheer American-ness of the whole show. But it's still a nice find.

Looks to me like some member of the band has left there guitar case or bass case leaning upside down against the wall, if you think about it the shape from a distance would give it a human appearence, especially tilted slightly away from you, the camera lights would produce a sheen against the case material and make it look like legs, a prevoius comment about the head just being a continuation of the wall is correct. The so called ghost appears incredibly static. The video as whole was entertaining but somewhat sensationalist in presentation the lack of sceptical balance was obvious. the moving chairs were laughable. The involvement of a TV medium to a child seeing alleged dead people was crude and cringeworthy.

Sorry for changing directions a little but I was just browsing ghost pictures and after more than 200 of "OMGds and WTFs" I saw this one and it gave me the long awaited heebies. Ok, simplest explanation is: Its a mask, held up by someone passing whilst they took the photo. Everyone denies it but that doesn't disprove it as a mask.
HOWEVER. It might not be a prank. If its not, what the heck is it? It's not a simulacra as the eyes, nose and eyebrow ridges are too facey [erm not the most scientific term but what the heck].
Yes it is translucent and it looks darn weird. I love it, whatever it is. Should be one of the most scary ghost pictures IMO.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostpho ... ask_lg.htm

Dingo667 said:
Sorry for changing directions a little but I was just browsing ghost pictures and after more than 200 of "OMGds and WTFs" I saw this one and it gave me the long awaited heebies. Ok, simplest explanation is: Its a mask, held up by someone passing whilst they took the photo. Everyone denies it but that doesn't disprove it as a mask.
HOWEVER. It might not be a prank. If its not, what the heck is it? It's not a simulacra as the eyes, nose and eyebrow ridges are too facey [erm not the most scientific term but what the heck].
Yes it is translucent and it looks darn weird. I love it, whatever it is. Should be one of the most scary ghost pictures IMO.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostpho ... ask_lg.htm

I fail to see the translucent aspect of the "face" could you point it out to me?

Back