• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Worst Song Ever?

A 1979 Finnish cover version of YMCA .. I thought this was just Paul Whitehouse mucking about at first, he looks like him ..

More camp than the original. Blimey.
The original '118' man.

According to a youtube commenter it's from a comedy/satire show..

Here's another dire song from the 80's, Hey Mathew by Karel Fialka (who's name's as annoying as this song) .. I wonder if his son in this video (if it was his son) has had to spend his whole life hoping nobody recognises him ?

No one has mentioned any Country music yet? There's some really bad stuff there.

Here's American country at its worst:

And an Australian one, that I find beyond trite:

Here's another dire song from the 80's, Hey Mathew by Karel Fialka (who's name's as annoying as this song) .. I wonder if his son in this video (if it was his son) has had to spend his whole life hoping nobody recognises him ?

I used to love this back in the day, won't hear a word against it. Not heard it in years though, thanks for the reminder!

Oh no, I really hated that song and the smug video. Had the impression that the kid in it was indeed the singer/songwriter's son and that it was a true family vanity project, and sincerely hoped the kid got bored with endless retakes and eventually kicked off in a screaming fit and copped a solid offscreen thrashing from his frustrated artiste Daddy.

The mention of Shatner has me thinking of the awful musical endeavours of other thespians.

Rape, anyone? :eek:

Jesus christ.

I see that and raise you Jonathan King's attempt at a defence, 'There's nothing wrong with buggering boys'

i am not a fan of celine dion, but this....this....phone the police there has been a murder.

Back