• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

They Died Too Young

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A new thread, for stories like this:
Goodbye Mrs Nosworthy, tributes after shock death of 'inspirational' 36-year-old teacher
By RDoddHerald | Posted: May 19, 2016

A teacher from Riverside Primary School in Plymouth has died after suffering a stroke.
Kirsten Nosworthy, 36, was admitted to Derriford Hospital on Saturday, May 14 but did not recover and sadly died on Wednesday, May 18.

In a statement, Brian Jones, Headteacher of Riverside Primary, said: "We are devastated to have to announce that one of our teachers, Kirsten Nosworthy passed away.
"Kirsten had been a year four teacher here at Riverside since 2008 and was one of the most inspirational women I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
"I think one of our proudest moments as a whole school was watching Kirsten carrying the Olympic torch through Saltash back in 2012.

nosworthy%20%281%29.jpg

Mrs Nosworthy pictured holding the Olympic torch in 2012

"Her love of sport was second to none and she inspired so many of our pupils to try sport through her own passion. Kirsten was a much loved and respected member of our school and I know I speak for all the staff, pupils, parents and governors here at Riverside when I say she will be greatly missed."

Mum-of-two Kirsten joined four other torchbearers on the Saltash side of the Tamar Bridge to carry the prestigious Olympic Flame from Saltash police station to the junction at Glebe Avenue. Pupils from Riverside Primary School lined the streets and waved banners to cheer her on.

"Understandably this will be an extremely difficult time for the whole school and our staff along with colleagues from the City Council's Education team will be providing appropriate support for the children," Mr Jones said.
"Finally our thoughts at this very sad time must remain with Kirsten's family, friends and particularly her husband Paul and their two young daughters."

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Goo...-shock-death/story-29293996-detail/story.html

A young suicide is a terrible thing. In my day you could kick the school bullies' ass. I did, when I eventually got pushed too far. Now you'd probably be the one in trouble. I know what it is to be a lonely victimised young teenager - its horrible, and you think no-one can help you. Luckily, my dad did help me - somehow he guessed what was wrong and gave me some ideas what to do about it. I'm not sure he ever knew how much he helped.

Back