• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A

Anonymous

Has anyone read a book called Time Storms, i'm not sure who the author is but i can find that out shortly.
I've searched the board and nothing is returned, there seems to be nothing relating to this subject.
Yet this book is packed with peoples expirences of Time Rips/Rifts.
Any more information on this subject would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Chopstix

Jenny Randles?

Niles "Could be confused with another book" Calder

The author i can find out in about 5 mins, that wasn't what i meant. Thanks for the thought tho.
What i meant to say was has anybody had any expirence with Time Storms/Rifts, or have they seen any serious websites on this subject?

Cheers
Chopstix:cool:

I've experienced this. I rented MOULIN ROUGE last week, and when it was over, my hair was pure white and I hated humanity.

Now I'm a 59-year-old in a 29-year-old body. How does one explain this?

Am i bitter? Yeah, a tad.

Same effect after watching the 13th warrior. Any excuse and I'll rant about THAT film. But anyway, when I was 6, I was entered into a judo competition. I remember going, and I remember collecting my runner up trophy, even though I was no good at judo. However, I have no concious memory of how I won the trophy, considering I was to scared to go near anyone. It was like I'd missed a whole section of time.

Niles, that author Jenny Randles is spot on, have you read it?
Anybody else read it/beleive there is something to this?

Cheers
Chopstix

Chopstix said:
Niles, that author Jenny Randles is spot on, have you read it?

Nope! I saw it in Borders but didn't get a chance to have a look...

Niles "£31.99 for the Complete Works of Fort? You must be having a giraffe!" Calder

Michael Chrichton seems to usually be very accurate. But there was a lot in the 13th warrior that I just couldn't recognise.

Xanatic said:
Michael Chrichton seems to usually be very accurate. But there was a lot in the 13th warrior that I just couldn't recognise.

Crichtons book: "The Eaters of the Dead" which provided the basis for the film, was much better.

The reprint of 1992 (or 1993) also gives a good basis in its "Factual Note" for the tales conception, based at the start on the real fragments of the writings of an Ibn Fadlan who travelled into the north, although by chapter four, the book is pure Crichton invention, based on the Beowulf narrative.

The film!!!!

Well, what do you expect from a film?

Or am I becoming too judgemental??????

I read some of the Ibn Fadlan texts in school. Not that long before the movie came out, but sadly my teacher didn't want to sponsor a trip for the class.

I just didn't recognise those guys they fighted at all.

Is It This One?

Chopstix - Andrew MacKenzie, Adventures in Time, 1997 -- could be the book on time slips you're seeking. It's fairly comprehensive and authoritative.

Sorry to have gotten off the beaten path of this thread.

I am reviving this ancient thread! I have started reading 'Time Storms' by Jenny Randles today, having been impressed with her afterword to Alan Godfrey's 'Who or What Were They?' about the 1980 Todmorden UFO case recently. I had never heard of this phenomenon before. I am only on page 34 so far but it appears these are electromagnetic clouds or mists that stop motor vehicles from functioning, can cause people and animals to collapse, sometimes create great heat and cause time loss! They sound absolutely terrifying and extremely weird, of course. I have very little scientific understanding so I will have to accept Randles' theories!

I am reviving this ancient thread! I have started reading 'Time Storms' by Jenny Randles today, having been impressed with her afterword to Alan Godfrey's 'Who or What Were They?' about the 1980 Todmorden UFO case recently. I had never heard of this phenomenon before. I am only on page 34 so far but it appears these are electromagnetic clouds or mists that stop motor vehicles from functioning, can cause people and animals to collapse, sometimes create great heat and cause time loss! They sound absolutely terrifying and extremely weird, of course. I have very little scientific understanding so I will have to accept Randles' theories!
It is a fantastic book and I so wish jenny would produce an updated edition of 'Time Storms', I feel it would be hugely popular. She might even get to the bottom of the Bold Street claims and counterclaims.

I seem to remember Jenny Randles having some very interesting theories on plasma fields and ball lightning regarding time distortion events.

I've occasionally had some problems with gravity storms, for some reason they are much more frequent if I have been drinking a bit much. Fortunately, at least in that sense, I don't live anywhere near a canal.

The book Time Storms has long seemed interesting to me, but I have never run across a copy. I see there are some available on Amazon at eye watering prices. I do very much like Jenny's work, and would love to see some new editions.

The book Time Storms has long seemed interesting to me, but I have never run across a copy. I see there are some available on Amazon at eye watering prices. I do very much like Jenny's work, and would love to see some new editions.
I am about halfway through now and it keeps getting better and better! So far, though, I think this phenomenon should be called 'freak localised electrical storms with added temporal effects" but that's hardly concise. The time element (so far) is generally the least interesting/most minor thing about them (all relative of course!).

I managed to get the book for £16.19 including postage, which was the cheapest I could find (obvs). Some of Randles' books are online as PDFs but not this one, unfortunately.

I have now finished the first section of 'Time Storms', relating people's accounts of these freak electromagnetic storms. Randles now comes to the physics of the time distortion element of the storms, and I have rapidly got lost! I was never any good at physics or science generally at school.

I understood the bit that said if you drive in a car right next to a railway line at the exact same speed as a train on the tracks, the train will appear stationary. Definitely true, as this can happen right here in Herefordshire on the A49.

The next part made less sense. Randles said that if a mad scientist blew up our moon at 12.01pm our time, the explosion would appear to happen at 12.02 pm by the clock on a spaceship travelling from Mars towards Earth but would be visible at 1.02pm on the clock of a spaceship travelling from Mars towards Proxima Centauri, because light reaches it later as it is further away. She says that if someone from the first spaceship managed via amazingly high speed telecoms to tell the Proxima Centauri-headed craft about the explosion, this makes the it a future event for the second craft, because time is relative.

I don't get this: to me, the explosion happens at 12.01pm Earth time. It just *looks* as though it happens 1 minute later on the ship headed from Mars to Earth and *looks* as if it happens 1hour after that on the Proxima Centauri ship because of the clock *readings* i.e. the timings are just labels.

Obviously I am going to have to take Randles on trust for the rest of her scientific explanations!

To m

I have now finished the first section of 'Time Storms', relating people's accounts of these freak electromagnetic storms. Randles now comes to the physics of the time distortion element of the storms, and I have rapidly got lost! I was never any good at physics or science generally at school.

I understood the bit that said if you drive in a car right next to a railway line at the exact same speed as a train on the tracks, the train will appear stationary. Definitely true, as this can happen right here in Herefordshire on the A49.

The next part made less sense. Randles said that if a mad scientist blew up our moon at 12.01pm our time, the explosion would appear to happen at 12.02 pm by the clock on a spaceship travelling from Mars towards Earth but would be visible at 1.02pm on the clock of a spaceship travelling from Mars towards Proxima Centauri, because light reaches it later as it is further away. She says that if someone from the first spaceship managed via amazingly high speed telecoms to tell the Proxima Centauri-headed craft about the explosion, this makes the it a future event for the second craft, because time is relative.

I don't get this: to me, the explosion happens at 12.01pm Earth time. It just *looks* as though it happens 1 minute later on the ship headed from Mars to Earth and *looks* as if it happens 1hour after that on the Proxima Centauri ship because of the clock *readings* i.e. the timings are just labels.

Obviously I am going to have to take Randles on trust for the rest of her scientific explanations!

To m
Is it the same principal as the Travelling Twins paradox?

Is it the same principal as the Travelling Twins paradox?
No, that'sdifferent, but I think she's coming to that. This is about how long it takes for light to travel.

For example, we can apparently see stars in the night sky that died out long ago, because their light takes centuries or millennia to reach Earth over the vast distances. As I understand what Randles says, by her reckoning, we are "time travelling" when we see those stars. I don't regard it that way: we know the stars are already dead (well I haven't a clue which ones, but astronomers know) and are just seeing the after-effect. We can't even interact with those stars, we just see their old light, so it's hardly time travelling.

To m
Jenny has been a fantastic Investigator over decades with the Ufology scene, often a rare level head amongst hysteria and delusion. However, she is not a physicist and also our understanding of time has moved forwards since the book was published.

Back