• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Timewave Zero and Novelty Theory (Terence McKenna)

Matthewzero said:
And I do not keep coming with different names...

Apologies. I thought you might be another person, who makes similar posts.

I don't know much about the system being used here but surely one of the basic flaws is identifying the point at which the event began and ended.

What I mean by this is, for example, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki could not have happened without a number of factors which occurred earlier. Both Uranium and Plutonium were discovered/known of in the mid 1930's and without WW2 would there have been any need to build an Atomic bomb?
However, without WW1 the second conflict may not have come about.
You can see where I am going with this so I won't harp on.

Another problem is the definition of what constitutes a truly unique event in world history. I am too young to remember Hiroshima and only know about it from history lessons but I am not sure that it was the first ever occasion when this technology was used, didn't they do tests first?

The most unique event I can think of is the means of communication we are using at the moment, computers and the internet.

But that is just my opinion. :)

Rosebuds said:
I don't know much about the system being used here but surely one of the basic flaws is identifying the point at which the event began and ended.

What I mean by this is, for example, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki could not have happened without a number of factors which occurred earlier. Both Uranium and Plutonium were discovered/known of in the mid 1930's and without WW2 would there have been any need to build an Atomic bomb?
However, without WW1 the second conflict may not have come about.
You can see where I am going with this so I won't harp on.

Another problem is the definition of what constitutes a truly unique event in world history. I am too young to remember Hiroshima and only know about it from history lessons but I am not sure that it was the first ever occasion when this technology was used, didn't they do tests first?
Only one, apparently:
At the time of the unconditional surrender of Germany on May 8, 1945, the Manhattan Project was still months away from producing a working weapon.

Because of the difficulties in making a working plutonium bomb, it was decided that there should be a test of the weapon. On July 16, 1945, in the desert north of Alamogordo, New Mexico, the first nuclear test took place, code-named "Trinity", using a device nicknamed "the gadget." The test, a plutonium implosion type device, released energy equivalent to 19 kilotons of TNT, far more powerful than any weapon ever used before. The news of the test's success was rushed to Truman at the Potsdam Conference, where Churchill was briefed and Joseph Stalin was informed of the new weapon. On July 26, the Potsdam Declaration was issued containing an ultimatum for Japan: either surrender or suffer "complete and utter destruction", although nuclear weapons were not mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... _Hiroshima
The Manhatten Project, which led to the A-Bomb, actually started in 1939.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhatten_Project

the internet, as Arpanet, was first activated/invented on September 2 1969, and it would lead to an end date of timewave on July 12 2014, not far away from the date I've chosen, June 24.

June 24 2014 is 16.384 days after Woodstock 1st day, August 15 1969.

Sure, you might say that there are alternative days for the invention of the internet, like October 29 1969, that would lead to an end date of September 7 2014.

If timewave zero ends in 2014, the unique event must be in 1969. What about moon landing, July 20 1969? This one gives an end date on May 29 2014.

As of 1945, since Mckenna didn't use the " count 16.384 days after a huge date " calculation in the 1990s, the end dates that July 16 1945 and August 6 1945 would have led to are respectively October 28 2012 and November 18 2012.

I understand the theory but it just doesn't seem significantly important.

"Historical" events are happening every day and randomly picking out similar events is too easy.

How's this. My competing theory is that time resonates in a cycle of...oh, let's say 100 months. Look at the news from last Friday regarding the Philippines. And let's count back 100 months. Well look at that, Hurricane Katrina.

Am I a genius or is the world just a busy place?

Ringo_ said:

"Historical" events are happening every day and randomly picking out similar events is too easy.

How's this. My competing theory is that time resonates in a cycle of...oh, let's say 100 months. Look at the news from last Friday regarding the Philippines. And let's count back 100 months. Well look at that, Hurricane Katrina.

From the extreme weather thread:
ramonmercado said:
15,000 Extreme Weather Events Between 1993-2012:
Nearly two extreme weather events per day, on average.

kamalktk said:
Ringo_ said:

From the extreme weather thread:
ramonmercado said:
15,000 Extreme Weather Events Between 1993-2012:
Nearly two extreme weather events per day, on average.

Exactly. Is this time resonating every 12 hours then...or as I suspect, is it just lots of stuff happening.

Ringo_ said:
Exactly. Is this time resonating every 12 hours then...or as I suspect, is it just lots of stuff happening.

And now we have access to more information than in any previous era. The world was always busy--but now we know.

So, assuming I've understood this, whatever it is, something is going to happen in June next year?

I'd be more intrigued by a prediction of nothing.

June next year is it?
I shall make an extra thick tin foil hat and buy supplies for my bunker in readiness.

liveinabin1 said:
June next year is it?
I shall make an extra thick tin foil hat and buy supplies for my bunker in readiness.

Didn't we just do all that in 2012? Rummage about in your spare room...you might find that old survival kit.

Back