• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Twenty Three (The Number: Coincidences Involving '23')

Isn't 23 supposed to be the most 'naturally occuring' number? I mean, apart from people using it now on purpose.

A former bandmate of mine was afflicted with 23. Saw it everywhere; as his assigned hotel room number, &c. When he passed away (not on the 23d, although I think he was 32), we did a retrospective CD of his work and hid the number 23 on the cover.

I didn't learn of his 23 connection until after his death, but mutual friends sat me down and regaled me with stories. Later, when I befriended the guy that turned me on to FT, he solemnly informed me of the 23 phenom.

Oops. A little long and light on the entertainment side.

rynner said:
Which probably goes to show you can develop a 'thing' about any number, and find examples if you look hard enough.
It's true! I was born on 5/15 at 5:15 pm and the number turns up everywhere. My family car's license plate, it was part of an old account # I had, a hotel room # I stayed in......everywhere!

Oh dear!

We've got 23 people on the board again!

:)

The Law of Fives

The Law of Fives simply states that all things are directly or in directly related to the number five!

The more you look for it the more you find it to be true.

As for 27, it isn't a Fnord but [you are not cleared for that information] clearly is!

I hope that helps

Niles "Silly English Kni'gt!" Calder

Why hasn't anyone pointed out that 69 = 3x23 ?

Shush intaglio, you'll give the game away.

Niles "-><-" Calder

Are 99's a part of the great plot to sell us to the alians. I have lots of raspberry sauce on mine.

Perhaps I play 'Ilumanati' to much.

(its a game where you think up the most ludicrus conspirsay theory imaginable and the winer gets the general joy of knowing he's a clever sod.)

What is the origin of the name '99'? I admit it's alot easier than having to ask for 'an ice cream cornet with a flake stuck in it', but couldn't they given it a more picturesque name?

Carole

On BBC2 right now is a "Masterworks" prog devoted to Berg's Violin Concerto. There is supposed to be a lot of cryptic and anti-Nazi stuff in this work, including numerological references. Apparently the second movement is based on 23...

Wo-o-o-oh!

Ahh, that's why there's a number 23 on the backdrop in the studio. Why is there a ten as well?

The music's a bit scary, but I'm not so good with numbers so maybe that explains why I can't get my head around it. Should I now fear the number 23? The lead violinist looks like one of the fortean mugs. Number 23 I think:eek:

[Cursed heads off for lie down until end of scary music and start of Pop Idol results.]

The 23 site asks you to e-mail and then takes you to Welcome to British Telecommunications, uh?

It is, I believe, the most randomly occuring number. Not sure of the significance.

it appears frequently in the most fortean genre of music: industrial.

Richard 23 from front 242
Skinny Puppy's R-23 remix of Assimilate
the #23 on the cover of Throbbing Gristle's Heathen Earth

2/3=.666------the letter w =23rd letter in alphabet----william shakespeare was born on april 23.1556 and died on april 23,1616---area 51 breaks down to 23+ 23 +(2+3)=51

Back