• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

UFO Songs & Music Videos

Saucerian

Better not touch the hull pal, it's still hot.
Before starting this thread, I did some searches on Flying Saucer songs, got less than a page, just a few entries, the first being a 1950 recording.

Then I tried UFO Songs, and got 10 pages, too many to check each individual entry for what I was looking for.

Also tried individual titles, of my 2 favorites, "Side," by Travis, and "We're On Our Way" by Chris Hodge, no listings.

I'll start with "Side" by Travis, since it has a music video, unlike "We're on our way" which as far as I know never had a video story to go with it, until someone does one.

I fist saw this one on MTV after getting back home from a passenger train ride, in the summer of 2001, my thinking about being part of the generation that Stanley Kubrick made his 2001: A Space Odyssey for, that would live to see the year 2001.

During the train ride I thought a lot about how things were in reality in 2001 as compared to in the film. First was the Space Shuttle, which was in the film, and also the spaceships without any people on them that have sent back closeup photos of Jupiter and its moons.

The train passed thru one community where Martin Marietta had a plant, and I've heard that Martin Marietta is a conglomerate and space ships are one of their products. In that community, some of the streets were named after the astronauts who died in the 1986 Space Shuttle Explosion.

Last edited:

One of my favs from the Pixies

They got a ranch they call number 51
They got a ranch they call number 51
You can't see it at all
Unless you're flying high

Actually Frank Black wrote quite a lot on the subject

EDITED to include this one, which though it never explicitly mentions UFOs, definitely has that implication

And 'Motorway to Roswell'

And 'Space'

Last edited:
Frank Black also did a cool song about old TV show The Invaders on his Teenager of the Year album.

I've sure got a bunch of Saucer songs and music videos to check out! So far I've watched 2 of the new additions.

I'm adding "We're On Our Way," by Chris Hodge, which is just a photo of the album cover, and not an actual music video.

The songs with the videos are good, but the ones without the videos are good, also, since you can use your imagination to visualize them.

Taking it slow, Lawd don't you know (Neild Diamond song lyric), I'm going thru listening to and watching the music videos all of you posted, and will respond individually to all of you.

James_H, I have watched all of the music videos you posted, and, of course, the name Frank Black reminds me of the character played by Lance Heinrickson in the old MillenniuM TV show.

While I would say that MLM was one of the most determinedly necrophilic works of art I have ever seen, and had contacts with extradimentional intellegences, I can't immediately recall any UFOs or Flying Saucers in any of the episodes.

MrRing, I have noticed you as a very prolific and prominent poster to the board on many varied subjects. I watched the short video you posted, and will watch the very long one you posted, when I have time.

To the rest of you who were nice enough to post UFO videos, I will comment on your posts, also. And, again, thanks to all of you for posting.

I've mentioned the documentary "Fairwell Good Brothers," and one thing I especially liked about it was the music track, which sounded very 1950s-ish. Does anyone know if that music was composed for the film, or previously existed?

On the Travis video "Side," I got the entire "Invisible Band" DVD, with all of the extras, and watched the "making of" segment on "Side," which was made by a couple, the woman who said she got the idea of having the song over a UFO story from the beep-a-beep-a beep," part of the song.

I suppose the lyrics "someone is watching" might remind us Saucerians of the Binder book, "Flying Saucers Are Watching Us," although it could just as well have nothing to do with the Saucers.

The very elaborate work that went into the Making Of the video was quite fascinating.

"Side" seemed to be a short mini history of the modern Flying Saucer era, from the early years to the more recent, although thankfully it did not show any of the Space Brothers, or the more recent types of Aliens that have become established in Saucer legend and lore.

And, as I earlier noted. first seeing "Side" in 2001 after meditating on the depiction of that year in the Kubrick film, compared to the local scene in my community in that year, as well as the globle scene of our entire planet in 2001, I have come to view "Side" as a very short history of modern conceptions of alien life and space travel, as compared to the long, and sometimes boring portrayal of such concepts in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Unidentified (Flying Being) - Steve Hillage

"We stand at the doorways
To higher worlds
But they won't open
Till we open ourselves
And strip away our thinking mind
To unlock the love that's deep inside
And destroy all these clumsy words
To feel the energy they hide
'Cause we don't need names for what we are
I am - you are - and we remain

Unidentified
Don't put no labels on me
Unidentified
Don't try to block my energy
Unidentified
May I remain a mystery
Unidentified
So my spirit can be free
Unidentified
Like the saucers in the sky
Unidentified
And I want to be an
Om organiser"

...etc​

Last edited:
'Let there be more light', from Pink Floyd's Saucerful of Secrets. There was Flying Saucers over Albion thing going on at the time, John Michell's The Flying Saucer Vision, connects UFO and Earth Mysteries

Far, far, far away, way
People heard him say, say
Something will be done

Then at last the mighty ship
Descending on a point of flame
Made contact with the human race
And melted hearts

Now, now, now is the time, time
Time to be, be, be aware

Carter’s father saw him there and
Knew the road revealed to him
The living soul of Hereward the Wake

Oh, my, something in the sky, sky
Something in my eye, eye
Waiting there for me

The outer lock rolled slowly back
The service men were heard to sigh
For there revealed in glowing robes
Was Lucy in the sky

Oh, oh, did you ever know, know
Never ever will they
I cannot say

Summoning his cosmic powers
And glowing slightly from his clothes
His psychic emanations flowed

Further examples - the classic rock band UFO's Unidentified Flying Object:

the comedy stylings of Ray Stevens brings I Saw Elvis In A UFO:

Credence Clearwater Revival supplies It Came Out Of The Sky

George Clinton's Parliament brings the Mothership with Unfunky UFO:

The Ramones chime in with Zero Zero UFO:

I'm surprised no one mentioned this original song........was even a radio staple back in the day....

Another from BOC...

Have You Seen the Saucers? - Jefferson Airplane.

Ooh, let me...

New York State's great Fortean-themed band the Blue Öyster Cult did lots of UFO-themed stuff - they went through a phase of this...

This one too..

gotta have some space-rock; from Norfolk's finest Hawkwind clones

And speaking about space-rock; the masters. not so much about UFO's per se as trying to establish contacyt:

Back