• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unconvention 2002

Mike, you just have to go.

I think we've found our moderator, everyone.

:)

Cujo said:
For example if I hadn't told you all I was female you might assume from my nickname that I'm male. What would you think of me if you thought I was a man?

Cujo

I'd think you were a d*mned fine man who's good to chat to in the wee small hours. Makes no difference.

b-b-brainstorm

When you all go, you need to have a name-card/badge type thing that has largely printed your FT message board name and icon (if you have one). Then you all won't have to go around introducing yourselves under different names all the time. Ok, well I thought it was a good idea...

That is a good idea, though generally people feel stupid wearing them.

luce

sorry luce lol

i wouldnt feel daft with a name tag on as i have to wear one for work with my name and piccy on

cas

Is the piccy a good one or is it really bad (like on of my dads was like with his old job)?

luce (I really must go to bed now!)

Rynner> Tobacco Road was by the Nashville Teens...

Mike> If I go, people call me Matt, not "Jack"...

dead flag said:
I'd think you were a d*mned fine man who's good to chat to in the wee small hours. Makes no difference.

Thanks, the cheque's in the post.

Cujo

Wow! Just found out I can fly to London on British Air for less than 500 bucks! If I bid online I can probably bring it down more. Does anyone have a shoebox I can sleep in? By gollie, I've almost got this entire trip planned out already.

JackSkellington said:
Rynner> Tobacco Road was by the Nashville Teens...
Ah yes, it all comes back to me now! (Well, sort of...)
The record I was thinking of was "Concrete and Clay", by Unit Four plus Two.

But now I am confused. Did I look like someone in NT ot UFPT? Or both?

Not that it really matters, because I don't look like any of them now. I look like like an extra playing a country bumpkin in a BBC costume drama... How did that thing about the 'golden lads and lasses' go?

Tempted by UnCon 2002. True, though, meeting all you crazy people would be daunting... met net people once, quite a scary experience. Though I'm guessing you lot'll be pretty sound (unless the trolls turn up!).

You'll all recognise me, I'll be the one wearing a giant fibreglass Sprout mask on my head (a joke, of course).

Never met anybody from off the net... except sprout's friends. Who scared me too. Tho only slightly.

I think if we ALL went in fibreglass sprout masks it could make meeting everyone easier?...

Rynner> Don't worry... the Nashville Teens AND Unit Four Plus Two probably look like BBC costume drama bumpkins by now... :D

Wish I could go,but alas my family was sent to the other side of the world about 200 odd years ago.:(

i'm new to these boards, and i don't want to impose. Only recently discovering fortean times, in august last year, i feel like the 'new guy'. i don't want you to think im trying to muscle in on your tight knit group and all the relationships you may have formed, but i would really like to meet such diverse and interesting people. i agree there could be side effects to meeting, but i think the advantageous effects will be far greater.
i think wearing a badge would be a good idea, with your screen name on it. i am most definitely goin to unconvention 2002 unless something very drastic happens i.e. i die.

xander

I tried to cut out the badge, but my monitor exploded...

I'd love to meet up with everyone at UNCON 2002 as well, even though I'm relatively a new guy.

If thats ok with everyone?

I'll post a pic or description soon.

All the best,

Randall.

Back