• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unconvention 2003: The Aftermath!

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Okay, I didn't go, really, really wish I could have but it wasn't to be.:sad:

Now understandibly those who went will be all excited about what they saw and heard and will want to tell the rest of us all about it.

So here is a place for them to do so.:)

Go on spill all! :D

Wellllllll...........

You, the neanderthal and the paranormal-raised a few passions in the audience with people almost heckling.

JFK murder workshop-brilliant.

Ditto for Richard Freeman and Jon Downes Man beasts/wallaby slashers.

Ghostwatch while naff in places (in hindsight) still shocking.

I enjoyed it, just wish i could have made today as well.

Plus, us lucky souls staying in russell square managed to spook the current occupent of Charles Forts flat by walking past, staring and pointing on a regular basis.

Almost forget, the meet-up in the Scarsdale afterwards was brilliant-what a lovely bunch of people!!!!!!!!!!

Yet again Hubcap and I managed to insult Jan Bondeson. The most innoffensive bloke you could ever imagine.
Last year we caught the end of his buried alive lecture, and found that he has a (how shall I put this) a soperific voice. Later while standing looking at his books, Hubcap said "God there's books by that Jan bloke with the really boring voice". Turning round, there he was standing behind us.
I was regalling Blueswidow with this very story yesterday, when who should be behind us again? Yes, the unfortunate Mr Bondeson.
:blush:
I did actually buy one of his books this time though.

I appreciated the half hour gap between talks this time. It makes the whole thing more relaxed when you don't have to rush from one theatre to the other and if talks overrun by a few minutes it doesn't matter.

My current sig gives a hint of some of the goings-on but I'll reproduce it here in case I get rid of it in the future.

Me
"You're evil aren't you?"
"Everyone says that to me. What is it with me? Is it written on my forehead?"
"Yes"

My opinion of the Trolls'
"The bar is not real. It's like Eastenders, it's not real!"

A local delicacy
"They've gotten a bit warm but I think they're still ok. Would you like to try one?"

afternoon people
well as i 1st timer i enjoyed it
the place we stayed was very palacal

Mana said:
My current sig gives a hint of some of the goings-on but I'll reproduce it here in case I get rid of it in the future.

A local delicacy
"They've gotten a bit warm but I think they're still ok. Would you like to try one?"

Yes warm, and strangely salty

I had three of the vile salty, warm things..................

with the outside feeling like a kiwi skin
actually i quite enjoyed them

God! I nearly forgot!

Can everyone who had one, please check in here to let us know that you survived it.

Blues. I can't believe that you had three of them. Beakboo's Hubcap liked them too.

He liked the first one, then I compared them to wet salty grass, and the second and third didn't go down so well. He's very suggestable- odd, because he isn't built like a Neanderthal. :p

boo fach can i the photo and the neg of me please

melf said:
boo fach can i the photo and the neg of me please
OK honey, it'll take me some time to finish the film, but when I do, we'll make arrangements to send them to you or leave them on a park bench for you or something.
:sob:

im joking boo fach ;)
you keep em honest

Good. And you can keep my hankie. :p Please keep the hankie.

oh i have its nailed to the wall :D

Beakboo:

Did you notice, I got rid of the (killer) clown?

I was wondering... i know a lot of 'FT-forum' peeps met up at the Scarsdale on Saturday, but where did u guys happen to go on Sunday? - Surely u didn't invade the same premises twice did u? -

I imagined as some had such a distance to travel, not many would be down the pub for that long, if at all, after the Sunday seminars?

Come on spill the beans..where did you 'FT's mostly' in black invade Sunday evening?

Hey Lutzman!

Yesterday evening, whilst I was in a pub with some friends, I saw a guy who looked like your double, sat on his own (even the same colour clothes as you were wearing on Saturday!) but I wasn't gonna go up and ask if he was you coz:

a) I thought it odd you weren't sat with all the other FT'ers if it was you?

b) I thought you'd recognise me (if that were you, and show a reaction)

c) I think he'd think I was swearing at him, having a random stranger coming up to him and shouting "LUTZMAN !!"

d) The guy had no coat or bag of any kind? so he seemed local to the pub (I figured you'd be bundled up with FT mags, goodies or at least a camera case.) None of which this other guy had.

So, all in all I'm glad I kept my mouth shut !

So where are you pictures of UNCON peeps? I can't wait to see them.

TG

Originally posted by thermal garbage
I was wondering... i know a lot of 'FT-forum' peeps met up at the Scarsdale on Saturday, but where did u guys happen to go on Sunday? - Surely u didn't invade the same premises twice did u?
I imagined as some had such a distance to travel, not many would be down the pub for that long, if at all, after the Sunday seminars?

Come on spill the beans..where did you 'FT's mostly' in black invade Sunday evening?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well me flash andro and the other guy (sorry mate cant remeber you name)
went to the scarsdale but it was packed with locals inside and out
so we tried nother pub round the corner then staight on and i got told off by the resident oldie for moving a few chairs he asked me "if im satifyed by the rearanging of the furniture?" and i thourght he was joking so i replyed "yes thanks" in a sarkyish voice then he goes on and we iggyed him we didnt stay so we went towards the gay pub but ended up in a nice pub round the corner it had one other customer inthere but it did get busy later

beakboo said:
A friendly lot, Londoners. :rolleyes:

at the last pub the barman was freindly he was a local but not a local aussie/yank

I had one of the salty treats and am still alive to tell the tale !

Thanks to everyone for a lovely evening - you're all fab!

well me flash andro and the other guy (sorry mate cant remeber you name)
went to the Scarsdale but it was packed with locals inside and out
so we tried nother pub round the corner then staight on and i got told off by the resident oldie for moving a few chairs he asked me "if im satifyed by the rearanging of the furniture?" and i thourght he was joking so i replyed "yes thanks in a sarkyish voice" then he goes on and we iggyed him we didnt stay so we went towards the gay pub but ended up in a nice pub round the corner it had one other customer inthere but it did get busy later [/B][/QUOTE]

Melf: Aah, sounds like it turned out ok in the end? :) -

Four friends and myself decided to 'pop' by the Scarsdale (on Sunday) at 9pm, (on the off-chance some FT's may be there? because, when I told one of the guys where I was on Saturday, it turned out he was a fan of Fortean Time's mag and was keen to meet up with some fellow fortean's, ...but sadly, to no avail. - It was his birthday too!).

We went to the Britannia, as a last resort, and saw some Forteans there, but none we recongised from Saturday's night's conference. By that time, time was ticking on, and we were so hungry, so, in the end we went for an Italian meal which was really nice.

There's always next year!:)

Cider said:
I had one of the salty treats and am still alive to tell the tale !

Thanks to everyone for a lovely evening - you're all fab!

I didn't try one, not adventurous enuf!

It was cool to meet ya Cider!:) So what time did you eventually get home on Sunday? Must've been a bit of a trek?

TG

Back