• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Underground Alien Bases

A

Anonymous

Facts or fiction u tell me i found this list of entrances to underground tunnels and bases used by aliens and the goverment who are meant to be working together trying to keep us in the dark about who knows? (any ides). There meant to be tunnels that stretch around the whole world used by aliens and govement people, do you think these tunnels or bases exist or are a load of rubbish?

New York City
There is an entrance to the tunnels in New York City "in the vicinity of Midtown Manhattan that can be reached through an abandoned elevator shaft that only very few know about

The Nahanni Valley (Canada) Entrance
This covers 250 square miles in the southern end of the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada. It lies almost 550 miles due west of Fort Simpson on the Mackenzie River of northwest Canada. Hot springs and sulfur geysers keep the valley warmer than the surrounding areas by about 30 degrees year -round (the valley is above 60 degrees latitude), making it perpetually mist-covered. This valley is inhabited only by animals as people entering the valley are usually found headless and quite dead. The Indian tribes of the area avoid this valley. (These tribes include the Ojibways, the Slave, the Dogribs, the Stoney, the Beavers and the Chipweyans.) This valley is often referred to as "the Valley of the Headless Men.

The Liyobaa Cave Entrance
This was sealed off by Catholic Priests who believed it to be an entrance to "Hell." "The village of 'Liyobaa' or to translate, 'The Cavern of Death,' was located in the province of Zapoteca, somewhere near the ancient village of 'Mictlan' or the village of the 'Underworld.

"The Cavern of Death was actually located in the last chamber of an eight chamber building or temple. This temple had four rooms above the ground and four more important chambers built below the surface of the Earth. This building was located in "Theozapotlan," and the tunnel entrance led one beneath a mountain.

The Maltese Cave Entrance
This entrance is located on the island of Malta, near the small village of "Casal Paula." (This village is built on the "Corradino" plateau, and overlooks the capitol town of Malta, "Valletta," as well as Grand Harbour.) In 1902, workmen digging a well in Casal Paula fell into a subterranean cavern. The well was being dug for a house on "Hal Saflienti," the main street in Casal Paula. The cavern the workers had fallen into connected with an entire complex of caves and tunnels. This entrance is known as the "Hypogeum of Hal Saflienti." (In Latin, "Hypogeum" is the name for an underground structure.) "The tunnels under the Hypogeum have been sealed off even since a school took 30 students into the caves and disappeared, guide and all. Search parties were never able to locate any trace of the people and children.

The Staffordshire, England Entrance
Somewhere in Staffordshire, England a lonely field exists in which a laborer discovered a large iron plate beneath the dirt. The "hatch" was large and oval, with an iron ring mounted on it. This entrance led into the tunnels. The field is in a valley surrounded on almost all sides by woods. The laborer was digging a trench for some purpose. The incident was reported in "A History of Staffordshire" by Dr. Plot, who wrote the book in the late 1700s. It may be possible to find the entrance if it can be ascertained exactly which valley the laborer was digging in.

The Dulce, New Mexico Base
An underground Military Base/Laboratory in Dulce, New Mexico connects with the underground network of tunnels which honeycombs our planet, and the lower levels of this base are allegedly under the control of Inner Earth beings or Aliens. This base is connected to Los Alamos research facilities via an underground "tube-shuttle." (It can be assumed that such a shuttle way would be a straight-line construction. It should then be possible, by using maps and some deduction, to determine the most likely location of this base, especially since the general location is already known.) Beginning in 1947, a road was built near the Dulce Base, under the cover of a lumber company. No lumber was ever hauled, and the road was later destroyed. Navajo Dam is the Dulce Base's main source of power, though a second source is in El Vado (which is also another entrance). (Note: The above facts should also help to locate the base.) Most of the lakes near Dulce were made via government grants "for" the Indians. (Note: The September, 1983 issue of Omni (Pg. 80) has a color drawing of 'The Subterrene,' the Los Alamos nuclear-powered tunnel machine that burrows through the rock, deep underground, by heating whatever stone it encounters into molten rock, which cools after the Subterrene has moved on. The result is a tunnel with a smooth, glazing lining.)" (Note: Where would the molten rock go? And what has been done with this concept since 1983?)

Bechtel (BECK-tul) is a super secret international corporate octopus, founded in 1898. Some say the firm is really a 'Shadow Government's working arm of the CIA. It is the largest Construction and Engineering outfit in the U.S.A and the World (and some say, beyond)." "The most important posts in U.S.A. Government are held by former Bechtel Officers. There are over 100 Secret Exits near and around Dulce. Many around Archuleta Mesa, others to the source around Dulce Lake and even as far east as Lindrich. Deep sections of the Complex connect into natural Cavern Systems. (Note: The elevators, lights, and doors at Dulce Base are all magnetically controlled.)

The area around Dulce has had a high number of reported Animal Mutilations." The researchers at Dulce Base have also abducted several people from Dulce's civilian population and implanted devices of various types in their heads and bodies. (Note: Livermore Berkeley Labs (where?) began producing blood for the Dulce Base in the mid 1980s, and Human and Animal abductions slowed considerably. It may be worthwhile to check-out Livermore Berkeley Labs.) DELTA group (from the National Recon Group) is responsible for security of all Alien-connected projects. The DELTA symbol is a Black Triangle on a Red Background. Dulce Base's symbol is a Delta (triangle) with the Greek Letter "Tau" (t) within it, and then the entire symbol is inverted, so the triangle points down, and the "Tau" is also inverted. Christa Tilton (was abducted and taken to Dulce Base) She is the editor of "Crux" magazine, which deals with UFOs, abductions, etc. P.O. Box 906237 Tulsa, Oklahoma (zip ?????)

Bases in the United States Mt. Ranier, Washington State Mt. Lassen, Tehama County, California Death Valley, California Superstition Mountains, Arizona Mt. Shasta, California Brown Mountain, North Carolina Mt. Ranier Entrance.

A very active UFO base exists beneath Mt. Ranier. There are also said to be underground "vaults" containing records of the ancient Lemurians. (Note: F.L. Boschke wrote the book "The Unexplained" about the mysteries surrounding Mt. Ranier.) The ice cap of Mt. Ranier contains a maze of corridors and caves. In August of 1970, scientists climbed to the top of Mt. Ranier, and entered these caverns and tunnels. Evidence was found indicating that a small lake exists deep beneath the ice cap. It is possible that one could find a way to get beneath Mt. Ranier through these tunnels.
The Mt. Lassen Entrance Mt. Lassen in Tehama County, California is an entrance to a large underground city. Near the foot of Mt. Lassen is a town called Manten. A man named "Ralph B. Fields" lived (lives?) there, and found the entrance to the underground city. His friend "Joe" was with him. The cave entrance is in the side of the mountain, at a little over 7,000 feet above sea level, and is near a rock outcropping suitable for camping under.

Death Valley, CA. Entrance.
Local Indian legends speak of a tunnel that runs beneath the desert. (Note: The book "Death Valley Men," tells the story of 3 people who are supposed to have found an underground city connected with this tunnel, and who actually took treasures from it. The entrance to the Death Valley Tunnel is in the Panamint Mountains down on the lower edge of the range near Wingate Pass, in the bottom of an old abandoned shaft. The bottom of the shaft is collapsed, opening an entrance into a large tunnel system containing much treasure. These tunnels connect with the surface also through arches (like large windows) in the side of the mountain and they look down on Death Valley. They're high above the valley now, but they were once on the edge of the water, and were accessed by boats. The "windows" in the Death Valley side of the Panamint Mountains are about 4,500-5,000 feet above the bottom of Death Valley, and are across from Furnace Creek Ranch. From these openings you can see the green of the ranch below you and Furnace Creek Wash across the valley. (So, with high-powered binoculars or a telescope, you should be able to see the openings from the Furnace Creek Ranch, or Wash.) You can drive down Emigrant Canyon towards Death Valley. You can then park beside the road between Furnace Creek Ranch and the Salt Bed. (From here, the windows should be visible through binoculars.) Indian legends of the Paiutes Indians speak of the people who used to live in the Panamint's caverns.

The Mt. Shasta, CA Entrance
There are tunnels beneath Mt. Shasta that lead to a UFO base there, as well as tunnels that connect with the vast world-wide tunnel network. The Lemurian city "Telos" is said to exist beneath Mt. Shasta. William Hamilton has done much research on Mt. Shasta and the tunnels. He has privately published a book entitled "Alien Magic" 249 North Brand Boulevard, Suite 651 Glendale, CA 91203

The Brown Mountain Entrance
Brown Mountain is in North Carolina near Morganton. Morganton is "about 15 miles north of an actual highway marker which has been posted by the state providing any visitor the best view" of Brown Mountain. Brown Mountain is an area in which many strange lights have been seen. There are entrances that lead inside the mountain to an isolated (?) Alien base.

Canadian UFO Bases
Entrances at Lake Ontario possible underwater UFO bases/cities. Toronto Tunnels leading to subterranean city. Newfoundland Condemned Iron Mine connects with tunnels. Lake Ontario "Lights" Orange-colored spheres have been seen coming out of/diving into Lake Ontario. The area of highest activity is between Oakville and Toronto. There may be a connection to the Lakeview Hydro-electric plant, as many of these UFOs have been seen heading in that direction. (Note: "The Great Lakes Triangle" by Jay Gourley would be interesting reading for more information about UFOs, etc. in the Great Lakes area.)

Toronto Entrance
There is a small opening to the underground tunnels off Parliament Street in downtown Toronto. (The entrance is between two apartment buildings, and leads to the tunnels via the sewers.) The underground city (abandoned?) beneath Toronto has its center beneath Gerrard Street and Church Street. Above this area, strange magnetic effects have been observed. (Note: This corner of Gerrard & Church streets has a higher accident rate than anywhere else in Toronto. It is believed that underground equipment utilizing powerful magnetic fields (which have caused many strange magnetic effects in houses near this intersection) are responsible for the bizarre equipment failures that often are the cause of these accidents.) The Indians near Toronto have legends of these tunnels.

Newfoundland Iron Mine Entrance
After one of the Iron Mines in Newfoundland Province had been dug deeper than any other, strange happenings caused the mine to be shut down. The mining town in which this mine is located is near the Newfoundland-Quebec Border. This mine, having been condemned, is off-limits, and the police DO enforce this. Sneaking in late at night seems to be the only way to gain entrance.

BRAZIL
One tunnel in Brazil is near Ponte Grosse in the state of Parana. (Fruit orchards were seen here.) Another entrance in Brazil is near Rincon, state of Parana. Also, in the state of Santa Catarina, Brazil, near the city of Joinville there is a mountain containing an entrance to the tunnels. (Santa Catarina is an area alive with subterranean activity, including strange 'singing' from underground.) Another entrance in Brazil is in the state of Sao Paulo near Concepiao. Still another entrance in Santa Catarina near Gaspar has subterranean fruit orchards. "The states of Santa Catarina and Parana, Brazil are honeycombed by a network of Atlantean tunnels that lead to subterranean cities."

Any one fancy a whip round to get enough cash to try and find the one in Staffordshire, England lol

There was one reputed to be beneath Stack Rocks, a quarter of a mile off the Dyfed Coast (S. Wales), near to Broadhaven and Little Haven (1977). This location is beneath the flight path of RAF Brawdy.

That's a really good list, Casper.
Certainly lots to think about there...
The Staffordshire tunnels - perhaps you could turn it into a Fortean day out?

On the East Coast of England, ther is a town called Filey. Apparently the brig is an Alien outpost...

Hermes said:
There was one reputed to be beneath Stack Rocks, a quarter of a mile off the Dyfed Coast (S. Wales)...
Details of the happenings there are in a book called "The Welsh Triangle". I lived quite close for a couple of years, just a few years after the reported happenings, but never experienced anything wierd there myself. (I was also in Suffolk a few years after the Rendlesham Forest incident!)

Helston in Cornwall is rumoured to have another entrance to Hell, behind a stone in the wall of the Angel Hotel, but I suspect that is probably a bit of cod etymology....

As a child I went to a Catholic primary school. My fellow pupils and I had managed to convince ourselves that a house brick embedded in the soil by the edge of the playground in fact covered an entrance to hell. (Why? Don't ask...) The more courageous ones used to dare each other to touch it. This would result in gingerly approaching the "hell brick", touching it with the tip of a shoe, and then fleeing as if the armies of hell were chasing us. :)

I recall reading about the Hypogeum (which is a real underground tunnel network) in a recent edition of FT. The part that really intrigued me was the story about the missing school party, which led to parts of the Hypogeum being sealed off. Does anybody have any names, dates or details on this, or is it one of those Well Known Facts?
Similar stories reported in the FT lately was that of someone falling down a hole in London and coming across a long forgotten section of the Underground full of Victorian carriages including one stuffed with skeletons dressed in Victorian garb - guess they should have turned left at Woodford Green. The FT article did a pretty good job of tying this "true story" to a fictional short story written years before.

Casper said:
Orange-colored spheres have been seen coming out of/diving into Lake Ontario. The area of highest activity is between Oakville and Toronto. There may be a connection to the Lakeview Hydro-electric plant, as many of these UFOs have been seen heading in that direction.

I lived on the shore of Lake Ontario, between Toronto and Oakville and within sight of Lakeview Generating Station, for 30 years and never saw a single UFO, despite much hopeful watching.:(

Lots of other odd things happened, though - mysterious disappearances, reports of boats on fire but nothing there when rescuers arrived, etc.

Non-claustrophobes wishing to search for secret tunnels under Toronto should consult this site:
http://www.infiltration.org

rynner said:
Details of the happenings there are in a book called "The Welsh Triangle". I lived quite close for a couple of years, just a few years after the reported happenings, but never experienced anything wierd there myself. (I was also in Suffolk a few years after the Rendlesham Forest incident!)

Helston in Cornwall is rumoured to have another entrance to Hell, behind a stone in the wall of the Angel Hotel, but I suspect that is probably a bit of cod etymology....

Ditto, rynner. I went to Rendlesham to have a look in 1987, and was at Broadhaven in 1984 and 1986. My brother and I hired a boat to try to land on Stack Rocks in '86, but without success (too choppy and dangerous).

The Basement...

My school is over 200 years old. The oldest part of it, The Art block, has a basement that apparently has a passage all the way to the Beverley Mister's Crypt. And another to the girls high school, about the same age as ours. It has been partially filled with concrete for a new boiler system in the art block. But the main school, about 150 years old, also has a basement with catacombs that lead deep under the school. Some are bricked up and others are left open yet piled high with spare desks and chairs...the stage in the Main Hall has a chasm under neath it, about 12ft down. We often imagine what might be lurking under the school...

There are any number of folkstories of hidden tunnels in England, in past times these have been considered to be entrances to the underworld, be it hell or fairyland etc.

I suspect that if the Saffordshire story is correctly reported, (there is a book called "The Natural History of Staffordshire by Robert Plott, published in 1686, but I havent read it), the original finding would have been considered to be that of an entrance to fairyland etc.

There is also a pretty rich tradition of monastic tunnels, I lived for a number of years by St Albans in Hertfordshire, with it's stories of tunnels to neigbouring churches and Sopwell Nunnery:D :D

What may have started these stories were quite substantial monastic sewers, which ran down to the local river.

I recall reading about the Hypogeum (which is a real underground tunnel network) in a recent edition of FT. The part that really intrigued me was the story about the missing school party, which led to parts of the Hypogeum being sealed off. Does anybody have any names, dates or details on this, or is it one of those Well Known Facts?

Cant find any more infor on these tunnels apart from what i posted ealier:

The Maltese Cave Entrance
This entrance is located on the island of Malta, near the small village of "Casal Paula." (This village is built on the "Corradino" plateau, and overlooks the capitol town of Malta, "Valletta," as well as Grand Harbour.) In 1902, workmen digging a well in Casal Paula fell into a subterranean cavern. The well was being dug for a house on "Hal Saflienti," the main street in Casal Paula. The cavern the workers had fallen into connected with an entire complex of caves and tunnels. This entrance is known as the "Hypogeum of Hal Saflienti." (In Latin, "Hypogeum" is the name for an underground structure.) "The tunnels under the Hypogeum have been sealed off even since a school took 30 students into the caves and disappeared, guide and all. Search parties were never able to locate any trace of the people and children.

Didnt no that Hypogeum In Latin is the name for an underground structure tho.

underground bases/tunnels

There is an interesting report in this months Australian Nexus magazine about a fellow driving from Coonabarabran to Narrabri on the Newell Highway in N.S.W. About half way between towns they stopped to answer the call of nature.The road was isolated with no town settlement or farm nearby, and in tree and scrub country.They decended the bank and saw an open manhole amongst the trees.The manhole was hinged open and covered in camoflage bark.The acess shaft went down a short distance down.They climbed down to a round well lit tunnel.It was taller than them perfectly straight and vanished into the distance on both sides of them.The walls were of finished concrete and rails were set into the floor.They chose not to explore futher.Bummer!!

undreground bases/tunnels

Perhaps there could be another enterance through the caves on the Nullabour plain in Australia.Strange singing and rythmic industrial sounds and drumming has been heard.Barrels dropped through caves have turned up hundreds of miles away.The Aboriginals claim that the large Goannas also inhabit the caves and come out when they are really hungry,something to put the wind up yer as they are supposed to be up to 50 feet long.Nothing better than having a watch dog,except sometimes the little buggers like some live meat.

Conspiracy theories about hidden underground complexes are nothing new. The Nazis were firm belivers in the Hollow Earth Theory, in which the Earth has a secret inner shell inhabited by old ones/aliens/Atlantians (delete as applicable), accessiable by the poles. Apparently Hitler even sponsored expeditions to the Artic, and believed that finding the entrance could give him immense power.
There's also the theory peddled by that old fraud Madam Blatavsky that there is a hidden complex deep under the Himalayas, inhabited by the 'Kings of the World' an impossibly old Tibetan philosopher-kings, who directed all of the worlds affairs.
Umberto Eco also makes an interesting observation that the great projects of metropolitan underground railways (in Paris, London and New York) began at the same time as Freemasonry was becoming part of the establishment in Europe, so the beliefs in hidden underground truths manifested themselves in these railways.

Mythopoeika said:
The Staffordshire tunnels - perhaps you could turn it into a Fortean day out?

I live in Staffordshire and your all welcome to pop round for tea and biccies.

Casper said:
The Staffordshire, England Entrance
Somewhere in Staffordshire, England a lonely field exists in which a laborer discovered a large iron plate beneath the dirt. The "hatch" was large and oval, with an iron ring mounted on it. This entrance led into the tunnels. The field is in a valley surrounded on almost all sides by woods. The laborer was digging a trench for some purpose. The incident was reported in "A History of Staffordshire" by Dr. Plot, who wrote the book in the late 1700s. It may be possible to find the entrance if it can be ascertained exactly which valley the laborer was digging in.

On a slightly less flippant note, I have to say there are lots of valleys in Staffordshire and in the 1700's most of them probably were surrounded by woods. This could be a tough cookie to crack.

I used to work with a bloke who was really into caving. One of his favourite activities was exploring old mine shafts. He said that most of the entrances for these were via a metal hatch in a field.

Re: Re: Underground Alien Bases

JurekB said:
I used to work with a bloke who was really into caving. One of his favourite activities was exploring old mine shafts. He said that most of the entrances for these were via a metal hatch in a field.

Exactly the way myself and a party of geology students descended into an ancient iron mine in the Forest of Dean in 1985.

underground bases

There are claims that the Glass House Mountains on QLDs sunshine coast are a underground UFO base.Rythmic vibration/singing are regually heard.The Aboriginals have a phobia/dread of staying overnight on Tibogargan, and claim you will go mad if you overnight there.Various farmers have seen hovering UFOs over their dams sucking up water(does this explain why my dam leaks like a seive) and orchards have had their trees stripped bare overnight including the fall fruit.Grass around the trees is completely undisturbed.One farmer in particular had a semi load of pineapple slips disappear from the back of his property,no tracks or footprints on the red mud soil.

BP's private fleet of UFO's

In East Yorkshire there is a massive oil refinary called Saltend works. Its huge, Two massive cooling towers, three Blade Runner style fire-furnace-stack things, and a whole load of unusual machinery. Its mile from anywhere significant, but yo can see it from about 7 miles away most days. In the day it shimmers and glistens but at night, anyone who has seen the opening video Final Fantasy 7 and remember the immpressively huge Midgar city, well there you go, its huge, a mass of Close Encounter style lights on the horizon. In the mid 90s, there was a spurt of UFO sightings in that area whilst Saltend was being made bigger and more efficient. Since then hundreds of UFOs have been reported and all within radar range of Humberside International Airport.
Could it be that BP has unwanted visitors to there foremost British Oil refinery?

Also, what about the Bermuda Triangle, no major activity there lately...maybe they've moved on!

This list is one of the most fascinating things I've ever seen. But the list also gave me big time willies. I live in Toronto and I used to live in this apartment that was facing in the direction of the lakes but is some distance away -- it's about a 25-minute drive south to Lake Ontario and I HAVE seen these lights on numerous occasions and I've always wondered what they were. They're very bright metallic orange spheres and they're bright. Or something like an explosion of orange directly behind clouds in the sky. They stay lit for about a minute and a few seconds. I saw them about 15 years ago.

I also believe that there is a tunnel entrance in Toronto across from that apartment. Across the parking lot of the building (location: 301 Prudential Drive in Scarborough -- an overgrown abandoned construction site at the south of side of the parking lot inside the fence that borders the construction site). From a balcony on the south side of the building, there is an abandoned elevator shaft that you can see very clearly from the balcony. From the ground, it looks like a pond and if you weren't there when they started digging and didn't live in the building, you'd never see the elevator shaft that is there. It has flooded over the top of the shaft and I've never stood up over the shaft -- I've never seen how deep it goes. But I think the ground is too soft for anyone to walk to up to the shaft. There are the common type of goldfish (except very large because you can see them from the 15th floor) swim up from the shaft. I took that to mean that (because the shaft is located in the middle of the marsh-like flooded pond area) kids can't get to it just to get rid of a goldfish. They are swimming up from inside the shaft. I know I sound delusional but I can't think of a way to make it sound sane -- I'm not exaggerating one word of it. There is also a small hydro station across the train tracks from it. There've been thunderous, earthquake-like explosions occasionally.

When I was a kid, both my brother and I heard (on one Saturday morning) a loud, echoing prehistoric-like skreech coming from somewhere inside the building -- through the HVAC system somewhere. We were both in different parts of the house and we ran to see what it was and it sounded like it came from the foyer closet (where the vents run through).

So are there tunnels down there? I won't go into any greater detail but I've seen first hand a number of things I can't explain that lead me to think it's possible that the entrances to the tunnels are around there.

Thanks for sharing the list with us. : )

My school ... basement ... Crypt ... catacombs that lead deep under the school ... chasm ... lurking under the school...

Is your school called Hogwarts?

Nun Tunnel

This is probably irrelevany, but, my old school, the Royal Grammar School in Worcester, England, has a secret tunnel which leads from a basement room across the city into the underground passages of Worcester Cathedral. Apparently built as a measure to allow the resident nuns (who used to inhabit the 'Whiteladies' building of the school) an escape route incase of invasion. Legend has it that part of the tunnel collapsed, killing several nuns, who now haunt it.

Whilst at the school i found the entrance to the tunnel which was a small barred wooden hatch set high in a cellar wall although attempts to open it were fruitless, although i felt a strange chilled feeling whilst standing next to it. Probably just my imagination.

The ROF at Puriton near Bridgwater in Somerset is supposed to hide a vast and secret government base under the Polden hills, I know of two people who worked there and both died in accidents . one yachting and one on a motorbike . They had both mentioned the place was huge and very secret before their deaths . Neither knew the other . Spooky.
Marion

Now I've heard about this possible UFO crash in Stoke, only the location mentioned was somewhere near here.

I remember reading about it in the local paper, not as a news story but as something that had happened many years ago. It didn't give many details, but the area is certainly in a valley.

On the East Coast of England, ther is a town called Filey. Apparently the brig is an Alien outpost...

Sorry - this is b*ll*cks! I go to Filey a lot, my ex-partner's mum used to live there, and I've (as you do) read quite extensively on the folklore etc of the area. It was home to a sea monster sighting, and Filey Brigg is, according to legend, the bones of a dragon, but no aliens.

Legends of tunnels are pretty universal in the UK, I think there's been one in almost every place I've lived, usually associated with monks or nuns in some way, and almost always with no historical basis. These legends seem to have become conflated with Cold War UL's about massive military underground bases containing all sorts of wierd stuff, from steam engines (there'll be no diesel on The Day After), to military hardware. To confuse the picture, there are genuine Cold War underground bases, of various degrees of sophistication, now lying abandoned around the place. These now seem to have attracted the newest UL about 'alien bases' etc. What's quite scary is that many of these places were common knowledge in the 60's, when there were campaigns to expose establishment boltholes, but all this is now forgotten, and legends are growing up to explain their origin......

The story about Cader Bronwen in Corwen is quite interesting because my girlsfriends parents were living there at the time and they remember the incident. Apparently her dad was watching the world at war TV series when there was a huge explosion. Her mum came into the living room thinking that hubby had the Tv on too loud again but he denied responsibility. She then went outside and could see a big fire up on the mountain side.

The next day the village was crawling with army types which my girlfriend specifically remembers which is interesting because according to the date in the article, January 1974, by gf would have been 4 months old:rolleyes: She is now very confused and I'm probably not going to get any peace for the rest of the night whilst she tries to work out where this memory has come from.

Anyway, her mother definatly remembers it and also the fact that there was never any satisfactory explanation.

I don't remember the Ipstones crash but I wasn't living in Stoke in '91 so thats probably why. It does remind me though of Harrier jumpjets losing there reserve fuel tanks. There was an article in a national paper about somebody finding a long metalic cigar shaped thing in a field or something, and the RAF claimed that it was a reserve fuel tank that had dropped of a jet. I'd guess that would be about 10 feet long.

Can't help but notice that most of the tunnels are in North America.... Not wanting to sound like a sad, empireless Brit, it seems to me that if we're talking about some internal deities, they'd put tunnels all over the world, which means that either a) their are literally shitloads of tunnels in the former USSR/China/India/Middle East that we haven't discovered, or b) there are no tunnels, and all of this is just a big waste of time - remember, many African civilisations kept away from the Belgian Congo (as it was) and that turned out to contain a secret natural nuclear reactor....

Back