• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Very Hairy People

AnonyJ

Captainess Sensible
Having-a-nice-cup-of-tea-and-a-sit-down-shire
I couldn't find a thread referring to this condition - please do merge if there is one!

I know about hirsutism caused by Hypertrichosis - where a genetic mutation causes hair growth in areas that aren't usually hairy but never realised the varieties of the condition and that it doesn't affect the androgen-sensitive areas of the armpits, groin and lower face. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis

I also have met a couple of chaps in passing, in the past who seemed to be really hairy in an 'ordinary' way! I recall they were brothers so probably a family quirk. They had what seemed like a rug of hair peeking out of their cuffs and neckline, and very healthy heads of hair that grew low on their brow and seemed to disappear down the the back of their neck!

A mate used to know a bloke who was in a punk band back in 1977. He wanted to look different so he regularly shaved his cheeks (facial ones).

He thought it was great until he aged a few years. Then he hated having hairy cheeks.

Back