• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Visited By A Fairy

trevp66 said:
Thanks for this - I get it but had never had it described quite so perfectly, and indeed I didn't even realise it was reasonably common!
In fact, I didn't even know there was a name for it!!
Me too!

(I seem to get it every few weeks, but with no follow-up symptoms.)

according to my best pal - who is a gp - if you have ever experienced this you have a increased chance of suffering a stroke in later life ... sorry for the bad news !

HenryFort said:
according to my best pal - who is a gp - if you have ever experienced this you have a increased chance of suffering a stroke in later life ... sorry for the bad news !
Well, I'm already in 'later life'. My father was incapacitated by a stroke in his later years - I just hope I don't linger like he did...

The trouble is, the medics of this generation will never solve the problems of old age. They can't cure deafness, arthritis, depression, strange infections and swellings in the lower limbs... and this is just me I'm talking about! (Not to mention scintillating scotoma and all the other ailments I haven't even told them about.)

But perhaps this is a discussion for the Growing Old thread...

i was addressing all the others posters as well but yes ... just so long as they dont find a cure for libido

Obviously the Universe was aware of the sad series of events that were about transpire in your life and the vision and the fairy were a gift of protection and hope for the future. Sounds as if you were a sensitive and loving child. Whatever are the mommies thinking when they marry these unprepossessing stepfathers? Put to bed early every night so's the fellow wouldn't see you? Separated from the grandfather you adored? I feel indignation for that little one that you were!

Whilst I enjoyed reading the OP's story - am I the only one that thinks it doesn't read properly? To me it reads like a story rather than an account of actual event, as though it has been dramatised.

Agreed

Grammar and spelling from the end colon may or may not be correct:

Yeah, that's what I was trying to hint at, before I was devoured quite rightly by the nice people. Just someone's attempt at creative writing. Not to say that it wasn't true to the witness but to write it like a childrens story doesn't add any credibility to the story, or the forum. I think elaborating on the facts is like photoshopping a genuine UFO photo.

Is it appropriate to reawaken threads after a decade long? I do hope so, my apologies if not.
I would have been interested to hear more from the OP at the time, how he felt about the conditions in his life at such a young age, and more importantly whether the vision/experience had any effect on him in later life. Did it alter the course of his life, and how? I suppose we will never know.
I also wonder why a fairly candid and otherwise unsuspicious post that quite obviously contains details of high emotional import are so readily rubbished and almost ridiculed off the bat. Interestingly I never used to see such reactions when reading posts about phantom gas stations or the ventriloquist's dummy, or strange goth girls in the woods with a possibly-phantom motorcyclist, etc :chuckle:
Are some posts simply destined to become euthanised before they can even find their feet?
What is it about the vulnerability or beauty of such a sighting (especially of the fae variety) that is unquestioningly rejected compared to so many other topics? If someone tells me they were not suffering from a temperature, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt, whether this is considered a 'serious/meaty/proper' subject or not. Let's just go along, see how it pans out and make our minds up after we have given someone the confidence to speak at least.

Most of the dialogue didn't even concern the OP or consider his experience with further questioning or fresh perspective. It was as if he wasn't even regarded as being 'in the room'.
This post had so much potential to explore, especially the emotional impact, and what we could perhaps learn about how a child deals with trauma and recovery. No Fortean subject should be shut down without some exploration or respect.
Unfortunately, the turn this thread took would only serve to keep people zipped and unwilling to share in the first place.

I clicked on this thread from the archives after seeing it recommended as a great read on another, more recent thread.
Only the opening post actually offers anything of substance.
I'm sure this is the first time I have made a criticism on FT, so hope this doesn't offend. If I have to get my coat I will be so very sad and might just cry forever :worry:
(Edited furiously due to smiley decisions)

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Janesays, things actually got really bad though when I came out of the Childrens home to live with my "parents again".

No, I wasnt ill or feverish or tired or in and out of sleep or anything, it wasnt something halfseen or gave the imppression of looking like, it was as real and vivid as anything quite ordinary, otherwise I wouldnt have related it to people over the years, knowing it probably made me look stupid, if I hadnt been that sure in what I had seen. I consider it something very special to have happened to me and quite previliged.
And the clincher for me was the cobweb of energy thing, I would wake up in the morning, there it was, go to the bathroom and come back, there it was, go to school, come home, there it was, same thing for two weeks then it was gone, it mattered not where the sun was in the sky, if it was dark and the light was on, there it was, just the same, and nobody else could see it. I remember Mother telling me how she had hallousinated when she had pnemonia, but I disregarded her as I hadnt been ill and I knew something when I saw it.

As for what the Cobweb of Energy looked like, please remember it was a long time ago and though the event is such a strong memory, details fade, (which is one reason I wrote it here for you, I had written to a chap who was producing a book about Fairy sightings about 5?, years ago, but didnt hear back from him later on).
It didnt move, just sort of hovered in the upper corner where two walls meet the ceiling and was angled down slightly, just like a real cobweb.
it was round, maybe two foot across, and had no real substance, (unlike the Fairy visiters), I think it had sort of rings, once again like a cobweb, its hard to describe what its energy looked like as Ive never seen anything before or since to compare, maybe like a glowing ghost that you can see but you can also see through?
Allthough it looked like it was formed out of energy, like light, I dont recall it radiating light that lit up my bedroom at all.

Pete
My friend J saw a cobweb of energy like this when she was in bed.
I posted about it a few years ago.
Remarkably similar description!

Is it appropriate to reawaken threads after a decade long? I do hope so, my apologies if not.
I would have been interested to hear more from the OP at the time, how he felt about the conditions in his life at such a young age, and more importantly whether the vision/experience had any effect on him in later life. Did it alter the course of his life, and how? I suppose we will never know.
I also wonder why a fairly candid and otherwise unsuspicious post that quite obviously contains details of high emotional import are so readily rubbished and almost ridiculed off the bat. Interestingly I never used to see such reactions when reading posts about phantom gas stations or the ventriloquist's dummy, or strange goth girls in the woods with a possibly-phantom motorcyclist, etc :chuckle:
Are some posts simply destined to become euthanised before they can even find their feet?
What is it about the vulnerability or beauty of such a sighting (especially of the fae variety) that is unquestioningly rejected compared to so many other topics? If someone tells me they were not suffering from a temperature, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt, whether this is considered a 'serious/meaty/proper' subject or not. Let's just go along, see how it pans out and make our minds up after we have given someone the confidence to speak at least.

Most of the dialogue didn't even concern the OP or consider his experience with further questioning or fresh perspective. It was as if he wasn't even regarded as being 'in the room'.
This post had so much potential to explore, especially the emotional impact, and what we could perhaps learn about how a child deals with trauma and recovery. No Fortean subject should be shut down without some exploration or respect.
Unfortunately, the turn this thread took would only serve to keep people zipped and unwilling to share in the first place.

I clicked on this thread from the archives after seeing it recommended as a great read on another, more recent thread.
Only the opening post actually offers anything of substance.
I'm sure this is the first time I have made a criticism on FT, so hope this doesn't offend. If I have to get my coat I will be so very sad and might just cry forever :worry:
(Edited furiously due to smiley decisions)
No need to cry at all, let alone forever, so leave your coat where it is:chuckle:. I agree with your observations on the thread ( not that that matters). I get the impression that there is more open mindness on the forum than 18 years ago, so there would be different treatment now.

No need to cry at all, let alone forever, so leave your coat where it is:chuckle:. I agree with your observations on the thread ( not that that matters). I get the impression that there is more open mindness on the forum than 18 years ago, so there would be different treatment now.
Hah, true, I see more like this in the archives than recent. We were all so young and foolish ... :)

Yes - it can be entirely appropriate, and I thank you for taking the time to locate and explore earlier threads of interest.

Sadly, there have been newcomers' posts - even in the IHTM section - which have received less than reasonable and unhelpful responses or treatment by other forum members.

What is it about the vulnerability or beauty of such a sighting (especially of the fae variety) that is unquestioningly rejected compared to so many other topics?...
No Fortean subject should be shut down without some exploration or respect.
Unfortunately, the turn this thread took would only serve to keep people zipped and unwilling to share in the first place. ...
NOTE / FWIW: The posts critical of Nambo2's story or writing didn't appear until 2012 - some 7 years after the OP last visited the forum. There's no particular reason to believe Nambo2 ever saw them.

It was like my 'Here's Johnny!' moment, lol.

I have experienced several occurrences of ocular migraine and not one of them contained bearded little men on horseback, dark haired fairy women or a fully carpeted wardrobe with a rampart.....yet!

I'm wondering if it might be a skipper. See here.
Something about those images makes me want to take studies of them in watercolour, to be later realised as larger paintings where they'd have personalities and odd faces, enacting weird fictions as beings from another world. I can see why people may have mistaken them for something otherworldly.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread ... (once again, I can't watch videos from this site for some reason myself so I'd be grateful if someone could post an alternative link to this vid please and thanks in advance) ...

The direct link to the TikTok video is:

For future reference, if you find a video on that "exemplore" site or have a link to that site's presentation of the video:

(1) capture the URL

(2) note that the TikTok source and TikTok ID are given at the end of the URL
(In this case: "#tiktok-7157862062910131499"

(3) go to TikTok and search on the ID number.

The direct link to the TikTok video is:

For future reference, if you find a video on that "exemplore" site or have a link to that site's presentation of the video:

(1) capture the URL

(2) note that the TikTok source and TikTok ID are given at the end of the URL
(In this case: "#tiktok-7157862062910131499"

(3) go to TikTok and search on the ID number.
Ok, thanks for that Enola.

If you do an image search on google for (eg) "butterfly with long tail Mexico" you get plenty of pictures of butterflies and moths which look similar to that seen in the vid.
Like the Amazon Yellow Long Swallow Tail.
1667748126614.png

I've seen a lot of those gnat-things that fly with their legs trailing down (there were loads about this summer, presumably because of the heat), and they made me stop and look a few times.

By coincidence, a good friend of a paranormal crew I've been going on missions with (Eddie Mallet) was posting about this sort of thing only yesterday on facebook:

"Despite me always saying that Rods were flying insects & nothing paranormal, I have been nearly crucified on Paranormal sites for saying it.
This photo proves it perfectly.
The rod shape is caused by the beating of the insect's wings
1f642.png
\m/
Photo by Norman Fuller
1f642.png
"
No photo description available.

I will put my story here. I have wanted to tell it, but it is only a short one and I don't know if the creature would be a fairy, gnome, sprite or what. And I wanted to double check with my sister if she remembered it as I do.

When I was young (possibly around 8), my sister (5ish) were sleeping in the extra bedroom with my grandma.

I'm going to guess this may have happened in the winter months because my grandma would stay overnight at our home if she thought she might be snowed in (1/4 mile long laneway) at her home and not be able to get to work.

The room had a north facing window and the double bed was on the opposite wall with the footboard toward the window. The bed frame was an old wrought iron and the head and foot were about 3 feet above the surface of the bed. A closet was on the west corner right near the window. The distance between the footboard and window was about 3 1/2 - 4 feet. The window covering consisted of heavy drapes on either side with sheers in the middle of the window.

My grandma had draped her uniform flat over the footboard.

It was a farmhouse, but we did have a pole light on the south side of the house. So the room had no direct light, but the window did have a bit.

For some reason my sister and I were awake at the same time. It was night with very dim light coming through the window.

I noticed that there was a little man about maybe four inches tall (my perspective being lying flat on the bed looking toward my feet) walking/marching up and down the footboard. He only travelled from the darkened area (heavy drapes) to the lighter area (sheers) and turned and walked back. He did not walk into the lighter area in front of the window.

Even at this age, I was interested in fairytales, ghosts etc. So I was trying not to influence my sister. I think I said "Do you see what I see at the end of the bed?" Her answer, as I recall was "The little man?" Anyways both of us saw this little man.

He was maybe 4 inches tall and walked very upright. He was slightly lighter grey than the darkness of the spot he was walking through. I think he was probably just slightly darker than the lighter area that he would not walk past. I couldn't see much detail because of his colouring. But if he was clothed, it would have been like a suit as his arms and legs could be seen and were not distorted even despite that he was walking in front of drapes and sheers.

My grandma then was awake, probably because of us talking. She turned on the light and informed us that it was just her uniform that we saw.

Nope. I never took this as an explanation as her uniform was flat over the footboard and the little man was walking over it (4 inches taller and mobile).

I did confirm my sister's memory of it just the other day and she, oddly, had just relayed the story to a friend a couple of days before I spoke to her.

I will put my story here. I have wanted to tell it, but it is only a short one and I don't know if the creature would be a fairy, gnome, sprite or what. And I wanted to double check with my sister if she remembered it as I do.

When I was young (possibly around 8), my sister (5ish) were sleeping in the extra bedroom with my grandma.

I'm going to guess this may have happened in the winter months because my grandma would stay overnight at our home if she thought she might be snowed in (1/4 mile long laneway) at her home and not be able to get to work.

The room had a north facing window and the double bed was on the opposite wall with the footboard toward the window. The bed frame was an old wrought iron and the head and foot were about 3 feet above the surface of the bed. A closet was on the west corner right near the window. The distance between the footboard and window was about 3 1/2 - 4 feet. The window covering consisted of heavy drapes on either side with sheers in the middle of the window.

My grandma had draped her uniform flat over the footboard.

It was a farmhouse, but we did have a pole light on the south side of the house. So the room had no direct light, but the window did have a bit.

For some reason my sister and I were awake at the same time. It was night with very dim light coming through the window.

I noticed that there was a little man about maybe four inches tall (my perspective being lying flat on the bed looking toward my feet) walking/marching up and down the footboard. He only travelled from the darkened area (heavy drapes) to the lighter area (sheers) and turned and walked back. He did not walk into the lighter area in front of the window.

Even at this age, I was interested in fairytales, ghosts etc. So I was trying not to influence my sister. I think I said "Do you see what I see at the end of the bed?" Her answer, as I recall was "The little man?" Anyways both of us saw this little man.

He was maybe 4 inches tall and walked very upright. He was slightly lighter grey than the darkness of the spot he was walking through. I think he was probably just slightly darker than the lighter area that he would not walk past. I couldn't see much detail because of his colouring. But if he was clothed, it would have been like a suit as his arms and legs could be seen and were not distorted even despite that he was walking in front of drapes and sheers.

My grandma then was awake, probably because of us talking. She turned on the light and informed us that it was just her uniform that we saw.

Nope. I never took this as an explanation as her uniform was flat over the footboard and the little man was walking over it (4 inches taller and mobile).

I did confirm my sister's memory of it just the other day and she, oddly, had just relayed the story to a friend a couple of days before I spoke to her.
You wait until now to tell us this B?!

Some questions;

What is a footboard?

You have North facing windows in Canada?

You Canadians and Americans always know the cardinal directions in relation to where you are. Try asking a British woman and they wouldn't have a clue. Why is that? (I suspect it's due to your straighter roads and grid road layouts of towns and cities).
Waits patiently for incoming from British female members to tell me I 'm a sexiest pig. Not for the first time ladies.

Brownmane,

What an interesting story.

Fairies are supposedly attracted to shinny objects, so did you have any around the room ?

But you sealed his fate because your bed frame was iron.

Fairies will not get near iron because iron absorbs their magic powers, so he probably just left.

I have never come across a fairy, but they say be cautious if there is a breeze when there should not be a breeze because a fairy is very near.

Some questions;

What is a footboard?

You Canadians and Americans always know the cardinal directions in relation to where you are. Try asking a British woman and they wouldn't have a clue. Why is that? (I suspect it's due to your straighter roads and grid road layouts of towns and cities).
Waits patiently for incoming from British female members to tell me I 'm a sexiest pig. Not for the first time ladies.
I nearly always know where north is, thank you very much! AND I can read maps ;)

Some questions;

What is a footboard?

I can't think of another word than footboard. Just as some bed frames have a headboard, some also have footboards. It's a crib without sides:D.

I grew up in the country, of course I know east, west, north, south. I also know that when it's sunny, in mornings, the shadows point west and afternoon, they point east. If you are on a curvy backroad that changes direction this is a good thing to know to know what direction you're going.

I know ursa major and minor, but that's about it for stars.

I can read a map and if I get lost, I use my sense of direction to get out. Cities though confuse me as lots of buildings often block the skyline.

Don't give me driving directions with left and right. Pfft. What do you do with that if you come from opposite direction? NESW will never lead you wrong.:curt:

Brownmane,

What an interesting story.

Fairies are supposedly attracted to shinny objects, so did you have any around the room ?

But you sealed his fate because your bed frame was iron.

Fairies will not get near iron because iron absorbs their magic powers, so he probably just left.

I have never come across a fairy, but they say be cautious if there is a breeze when there should not be a breeze because a fairy is very near.
I don't know if it was a fairy. I have no idea what it was. Only a small humanlike being. Why was he marching on the footboard at night? I'll never have an answer. The sighting ended pretty much as soon as we broke the silence and then the light was put on.

Back