• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Visited By A Fairy

Gives best 'stare'
KW.jpg

Fae exist, I believe that. Constant 'softening' and child-friendly retellings aside, they exist. Some big, some small, some friendly and some not. But is the 'magic wand' image because that was engrained in the mind like how we see Jesus as a white bloke in the West?

I know that I was sick with the measles but when the head gnome was going to send me back because my Mother was coming he waved what I thought was a stick to open up a hole so that I could climb back down.
I still don't know how I dreamed it all up as at the time we had come down from the country and were sharing a house with 2 other families.
There was no money for books so I had never heard of gnomes and I even asked them what a fishtank was before I was sent back.

Fae exist, I believe that. Constant 'softening' and child-friendly retellings aside, they exist. Some big, some small, some friendly and some not. But is the 'magic wand' image
Possibly due to more urban settings and people not seeing a wooden cane, or branch and rather calling it a wand? Just a thought.

Kids who go exploring in countryside pick up sticks and branches to poke and prod at their surroundings. Urban areas don't promote this kind of exploration, so people in urban areas don't view things the same way. I'm kind of trying to describe how people's views of things and the world change due to their own experiences. As we know, lots of knowledge is lost as our ancestors age and die. It is the way it is.

Many fairytales were told as warnings to children (this has been disputed as to whether kids or adults) about how to keep yourself safe in your world. No doubt, some stories had to be changed to reflect the environment you were living in.

Back