Warminster Wiltshire UFOs

Sid

Devoted Cultist
Thanks for that 'Justified & Ancient:'

This would have been at a time when general knowledge of Chinese Lanterns was just taking off (no pun intended - much!) so it's not surprising that people paid more attention to looking skyward after the initial reports came out, and of course with that, comes all the misunderstood stuff.

I was carrying out quite a lot of voluntary analysis of photographic evidence not so long ago; one in particular was of a mysterious looking farmyard anomaly - a ghostly form, caught in the frame of a security camera and highly flash lit, which was put out by a well known UFO organisation.

It was said to be some kind of phenomena. When I examined the photo closely over many days - by using various filters, and extracting what I could see and comparing etc, it turned out to be a bat which had flown right up close in front of the security camera - detail was very scant in the photograph as the whole image was of ghostly appearance. It took some time to work out the missing detail of the form and match it to this light-flooded photo of a bat caught in mid-flight chasing after a moth!
The UFO organisation refused to change or alter anything, even though the significance of the bat was so obvious once the same model was put side-by-side for comparison. I gave it up after that.

Sid

Devoted Cultist
Would so love to see this!

Any chance that's possible?
Thanks 'Justified & Ancient.'

I'd love to be able to post my findings of the 'Bat' detail photo analysis along to this forum, but because of possible copyright stuff (as it isn't my photograph) I cannot, and will not take that chance.

However, one way around it is that I can inform you that my voluntary work was handed over to the B.E.A.M.S. web pages - I don't know if they have since managed to re-open their webpage or not, but the title of the capture is listed as...

[July 07, 2017: The Marazion Visitation: UFO Captured in Farmyard, Cornwall, UK]

If you observe the photograph with a 'Bat' in mind, it should jump out at you after a while (the so-called light 'Orb' in the photograph is actually the Moth that the Bat is flying after) - hope that helps.

And should you be interested in having a look whilst on the B.E.A.M.S webpage at another photograph which is in my opinion at least, the best and most convincing photograph I've had the pleasure of working with to date ...

( ... You can check the new thread to which this second distinct topic was spun off:

'Rod' UFOs Over Machu Picchu
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/rod-ufos-over-machu-picchu.66062/ )

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
I'd love to be able to post my findings of the 'Bat' detail photo analysis along to this forum, but because of possible copyright stuff (as it isn't my photograph) I cannot, and will not take that chance.
o miss it out altogether.
Respect.

Can't thank you enough for going to the trouble and reckon not alone.

Quick reply, will peruse rest later.

If you had shown me that photo and proclaim it was s UFO, I would have instantaneous responded, 'That's a bat mate'...

I know of such things because there is a protected bat colony just five minutes from here, residing underneath an old railway bridge, crossing the river Tweed.

I sometimes have to cross that bridge and at twilight.

It's running a gauntlet, with copious numbers of them whizzing about at head height.

Trust me, I've had enough, 'close encounters' to recognise one from a photo!

Great job - material like this is Ufology gold!

Profoundly helps in eternally trying trying to understand the overall perspective.

So.. the local UFO society disregarded your evidence?

Guess it's that perennial issue... if you're highlighting evidence which challenges fundamental beliefs...

...to quote Billy Connoly, "as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit"...

Sid

Devoted Cultist
Respect.

Oh good grief... I can't thank you enough for that sensible - and very funny reply... you have my greatest respect for adding 'down-to-earth common sense, there's still some about then? Thanks' so much for your straight talking (like it very much) and
very much appreciated.
P.S. Not the local UFO Society, it was one of the most well known so-say top groups!

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
... However, one way around it is that I can inform you that my voluntary work was handed over to the B.E.A.M.S. web pages - I don't know if they have since managed to re-open their webpage or not, but the title of the capture is listed as...
[July 07, 2017: The Marazion Visitation: UFO Captured in Farmyard, Cornwall, UK]
Here's a link to the B.E.A.M.S. webpage of that title:

http://www.beamsinvestigations.org/July0717TheMarazionVisitationUFOCaptinFarmyardCornwall.html

It's running a gauntlet, with copious numbers of them whizzing about at head height.
It's a diversion, but the larger species can make a kind of soft 'woop' noise as they go over your head, just the wing-noise, but if it's dark enough not to be able to see the bat, it can startle one somewhat.