• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

I think (am prepared to be corrected, but am sure I remember reading) that serious skiers would use methods like this (the wheeled skis) in order to keep fit for the skiing season, because it uses many of the same muscles. And I think the roads round Loch Ness (like the roads almost everywhere) were a lot quieter in the early 1970s. Particularly if it was evening or night.
I think then this one might be solved, but makes you wonder why they didn't go back and check

Found details of a 1971 UFO and humanoids report from Loch Ness:

View attachment 75143

http://www.lochnessinvestigation.com/FSR.html

It would be good to know exactly where these two drivers saw that figure as I can think of safer places than the roads around Loch Ness on which to test your homemade roller skies and it is odd that the figure didn't pull over when the fast cars approached
There have been other posts about this, actually

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ing-ghosts-entities-figures.11503/post-560710

Silver suited figures are a bit of a Fortean staple, often seen near "spacecraft" (or at least 'machines' of some sort), occasionally not.

Sometimes running, occasionally chasing the witness, being chased by the witness, or just standing there; sometimes floating inscrutably in mid-air (there's a couple of examples I can think of here, one in West Wales and another from an American town).

Usually tall but sometimes not, as with the cute little weirdos below from a 1973 case in Hartford City, Indiana:
Screenshot_20220712-134305_Drive.jpg

Also, speaking of silver figures, a few appear in this excellent collection of IHTM witness accounts put together as part of an art installation:

https://www.artangel.org.uk/witness/ufo-sightings-from-around-world/

Some of these are great, such as the ones provided by Cynthia Hind (of Ruwa school incident fame):

Feathersdorp, 150 km from Harare. I am 31 years old. On 5th February 1996 I woke up from a bad dream just after midnight, when I heard a car go past. I got up and looked out of the bedroom window, which faces the front of the farm. I watched as two cars passed each other, a strange sight, as there are usually few vehicles to be seen, and none at night. One car pulled into my gate and I thought immediately, "Oh no. those guys are coming to pinch my new engine on the borehole".

I rubbed my eyes and face to make sure I wasn't still asleep, and I looked at the car again. It was long and wide and made a low humming sound. I could see lights at the back, a row of red lights, and a front light which shone high enough to illuminate the tree tops. This car, or object, stopped at my gate for a good 30 seconds and then drove on, as if the gate had been opened. And that was it: it was gone!

I took my torch, my rifle, four farm workers and my dogs, and we went out to the gate. Despite the fact it had just rained, there were no tyre tracks or human tracks on the road. As we approached the gate, I could feel heat coming up from the surface of the road, a really oppressive heat radiating from the ground. Even my ears felt flushed with the heat and my workers and I were soaked with perspiration. It was about 12.30 hours by now, so when we found nothing further we all went back home.

It was only the following morning that it occurred to me that when we reached the gate, it was closed. This meant the car had disappeared through a closed gate, because I had been watching it when it disappeared and the gate hadn't moved.

The next day I sent one of the farm workers to fetch some sheep who were lost in the bush, and on his way back he said he saw an object straddling the road. By the time he reached the spot, it was gone, but strangely enough, the sheep would not walk over the area where the object had been. Instead, they divided around it.

My workers were convinced this was a ghost, and because I am a Christian myself, I believe it was a phantom or spiritual phenomenon of some sort. I don't believe in UFOs.

Does anyone recall a reddit post, possibly glitch related or similar, concerning a person who experienced a sort of cosmic wheel of life?
It was a few years ago when I read it, but it clung to me, terrifying yet awe inspiring, no idea if it was genuine.

I find that a lot of American paranormal or near death misses tend to involve auto accidents. This one was by a man (I think) who found himself hurtling into a smash up, then transported into a kind of transitional dimension where he witnessed an enormous wheel of life, churning out and catching up souls - and the meaning of life was revealed to him in this vision, although (understandably) he could not properly articulate this once recovered. Ultimately it was terrifying, and written in intense detail. This concept that we are regurgitated after death and have no choice but to return. It never left me, and I didn't really care whether it was real or not, whether it was a work of fiction or a dream. It was incredibly memorable, and in that sense, pertinent.

I would love to know if anyone else ever read that one. I am certain that it must have been upvoted into infinity!

Does anyone recall a reddit post, possibly glitch related or similar, concerning a person who experienced a sort of cosmic wheel of life?
It was a few years ago when I read it, but it clung to me, terrifying yet awe inspiring, no idea if it was genuine.

I find that a lot of American paranormal or near death misses tend to involve auto accidents. This one was by a man (I think) who found himself hurtling into a smash up, then transported into a kind of transitional dimension where he witnessed an enormous wheel of life, churning out and catching up souls - and the meaning of life was revealed to him in this vision, although (understandably) he could not properly articulate this once recovered. Ultimately it was terrifying, and written in intense detail. This concept that we are regurgitated after death and have no choice but to return. It never left me, and I didn't really care whether it was real or not, whether it was a work of fiction or a dream. It was incredibly memorable, and in that sense, pertinent.

I would love to know if anyone else ever read that one. I am certain that it must have been upvoted into infinity!
Yes I’ve read that before it was extremely interesting. It made me think of the wheel of fortune in tarot.

Last edited:
Silver suited figures are a bit of a Fortean staple, often seen near "spacecraft" (or at least 'machines' of some sort), occasionally not.

Sometimes running, occasionally chasing the witness, being chased by the witness, or just standing there; sometimes floating inscrutably in mid-air (there's a couple of examples I can think of here, one in West Wales and another from an American town).

Usually tall but sometimes not, as with the cute little weirdos below from a 1973 case in Hartford City, Indiana:
View attachment 75845
Those same chunky, almost square boots that the Apollo astronauts had been wearing for the moon landings a year earlier

albin-merle-render-0001.jpeg

https://albinmerle.artstation.com/projects/0XdwYE

So, a fantasy, hallucination or hoax based on contemporary space technology at that time, or the witness seeing something so alien that they had to use visual memories to make sense of it, or those aliens/inter-dimensional beings disguising themselves?

View attachment 75845

Alien gimps?

Those same chunky, almost square boots that the Apollo astronauts had been wearing for the moon landings a year earlier

View attachment 75870

So, a fantasy, hallucination or hoax based on contemporary space technology at that time, or the witness seeing something so alien that they had to use visual memories to make sense of it, or those aliens/inter-dimensional beings disguising themselves?

My gut feeling on this one is a hoax perpetrated on two of the (three, independent) witnesses and possibly involving the third witness, who gave substantially more elaborate story, but...if not...

The 'beings' walked in a sort of exaggeratedly bouncy way reminiscent of astronauts on the moon so I have no doubt they were a sort of parody, poking fun at someone. Moreover the Falkville 'silver man' incident was just a week earlier so perhaps silver suited aliens were uppermost in people's minds.

The question is were the little silver figures making fun of the witnesses? The witnesses making fun of the press? Or something else making fun of us, collectively?

View attachment 75870

Here's the full details of the Hartford City sightings via INTCAT.

October 22 `1973. 2130hrs.
HARTFORD CITY (INDIANA : USA)

At a point 14.5km east of Hartford City, Mrs Debbie Carne saw a group of creatures cross the road in front of her, then raise their arms, making a loud noise. She thought that they were children playing pranks until she heard of the following, later incidents. About 15 minutes later, Debbie Donathan was driving her husband, DeWane, and baby home, when at the same spot, just one block before their home, they saw what looked like two children dancing in the road. She stopped the car about 10m from them, and saw that they were two creatures, about 1.2m tall, dressed silvery, tight fitting suits. They were slight in build, with very straight bodies and what looked like boxes on their feet. They moved in a strange, slow motion fashion, apparently bouncing off the road with their arms flapping strangely. Debbie panicked and accelerated past them; as she did so the creatures got out of the way in a strange, slow, skipping manner, with their arms moving slowly and flopping. Debbie drove on to an old church a few blocks away. Here DeWane took over the wheel and, arguing that it was children, drove back towards their house. They could see nothing on the road, but could see a row of red lights over a cornfield. Debbie was too frightened to go home, so they returned to her mother’s house in Hartford City, where Debbie was so shaken her family thought they may have to call the doctor. They didn’t do this, but did call the local sheriff. The call was answered by Deputy Edd Townsend, a state policeman who did not wish to be identified, and Garry Flatter-a local gas station owner, and wrecker driver. These three went to the scene, where they could see nothing but heard an unnerving high pitched sound. At about 2355hrs. Flatter and the policeman returned to the area, the officer going east, and Flatter taking a road 1.5km south of the original sighting. While travelling east on this road, Flatter noted the animals were making a mass exodus from the area, and he had to slow down for several rabbits, cats, a possum and a racoon. He then heard the high frequency sound again and, looking round, saw, standing in a field 6m back off from the road and about 23m from his location, two small creatures about 1.2m tall. They wore metallic suits that were so shiny that the reflection almost blinded him when he put his spotlight on them. He was able to see that they had either egg shaped heads or helmets, from which tapered a sort of “garden hose” which went into their lower chest. He could not detect any facial features and their arms seemed to lack hands. He also noted their strange thick boots (7.5 x 5.5cm). They seemed to jump up a metre without any effort, going up and down in slow motion, hardly ever moving their arms. They did this three times then took off in feet down position, flying off into the night. He tried to trace them with his spotlight, but could only see red tracer streaks coming down. Before the creatures took off, Flatter had become very uneasy. They next day Flatter, DeWane Donathan, Townsend and the state policeman returned to the scene where the Donathans had seen the creatures. As they had driven away that night, DeWane had thought he had seen the creatures go into a cornfield, and at a spot 15m back from that place, they found seven imprints, each about 2cm deep at the deepest point, which looked like rather squarish hoofprints. They measured 7.5cm across and were in alternate rows as if something had walked in the area. The field was dry and the men, who weighed an average of 200 pounds, made no imprint themselves.
  • Donald Worley in Official UFO 1,5 p45 and APRO Bulletin 22, 2 p1 citing his own investigation
  • Webb 1976 pp 16, 29 citing Worley and Hartford City News Times 23 October 1973
  • Blum 1974b citing Hartford News Times op cit
  • Fowler 1975 p325
  • Lorenzen 1975 p 221)

Edit to add: and Don Worley's article from the APRO Bulletin.

Screenshot_20240423-125948_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240423-130040_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It's quite mind blowing isn't it! I have never read anything like that on any NDE cases although there are people in that thread claiming similar experiences when they were tripping, it kind of fits in with the late Dr Ian Stevenson's cases of suggested reincarnation in that the process was somewhat automatic you died and you were reborn but not with much choice in the matter

It's quite mind blowing isn't it! I have never read anything like that on any NDE cases although there are people in that thread claiming similar experiences when they were tripping, it kind of fits in with the late Dr Ian Stevenson's cases of suggested reincarnation in that the process was somewhat automatic you died and you were reborn but not with much choice in the matter
Yeh, it doesn't really matter where the imagery came from, whether what he experienced was another dimension, a dream, or drug induced , it's pretty remarkable regardless!
That said, the 'done and dusted' reincarnation theories always leave me cold, there's something quite chilling about it all. I was terrified after reading Saki's 'Laura' as a kid. At least she got a choice though.

Yeh, it doesn't really matter where the imagery came from, whether what he experienced was another dimension, a dream, or drug induced , it's pretty remarkable regardless!
That said, the 'done and dusted' reincarnation theories always leave me cold, there's something quite chilling about it all. I was terrified after reading Saki's 'Laura' as a kid. At least she got a choice though.

Yeah, reincarnation in Buddhism (a far less pleasant, fluffy religion than thought of in the West in many ways) really isn't a good thing.

Yeah, reincarnation in Buddhism (a far less pleasant, fluffy religion than thought of in the West in many ways) really isn't a good thing.
Well, you could end up coming back as an insect and having a really crap time.

Well, you could end up coming back as an insect and having a really crap time.

Over possibly billions of years before you get the chance to be reincarnated as a person in a time and place where the teachings of the Buddha are accessible to you. Or you might get sent to a "hell", die almost immediately, and then get sent back to the "hell" over and over again until you finally get the point.

The idea is that being able to practice the Dharma in this life is a rare opportunity...better grasp it with both hands!

The idea is that being able to practice the Dharma in this life is a rare opportunity...better grasp it with both hands!
Great recruitment tactic for the religion... use the carrot as a stick!

Back