• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

1714502846488.png

From this book on statistics:
Sex by Numbers: What Statistics Can Tell Us About Sexual Behaviour Paperback – 2 April 2015
English edition by David Spiegelhalter (Autor)

Note: His other statistics book is excellent, so I have high expectations of this one.

From one review:
In terms of the stat I found most interesting, I would say it was that; ‘999 out of 1,000 opposite-sex acts does not lead to conception’. I knew that conceptions were relatively rare, but even I was surprised by such a strikingly low number. Also, 100,000 British heterosexual acts per minute deserves an honourable mention…

I was surprised by such a strikingly low number.
It may be quite a high number, if it includes the gamut of recreational heterosexual sex across all age-groups, with and without contraceptive precautions.

Maybe it means just those acts where conception was the intention? Then I would start to wonder about the sample. If acts are measured, the repeated failed attempts of some couples to conceive could skew the figures. Maybe that would be balanced by those furtive youthful fumblings, which seem to have a high strike-rate. :crazy:

If it's the one in the big headdress, I have also seen a theory that she was a he. Can't remember the artist or picture now to check this out but they claimed to have identified him. :thought:

Il Duce and His Women first published by Alma Books Limited in 2011
Copyright © Roberto Olla, 2011

After the selection based on these checks was made, the letters which survived the filtering process were delivered to Mussolini, so that he could make a further selection of the women he wished to see; the preparatory procedures meant that he could be sure there were no problems of security with any of them.

He usually saw them in the late afternoon. The social niceties were not observed – no introductory small talk to break the ice, no tea and biscuits were offered (only Claretta Petacci managed to get this). Mussolini’s office, in the vast room known as the Sala Mappamondo (World Map Room), contained just three pieces of furniture: a huge desk, his own chair, and an armchair opposite for his visitor. The visits never lasted more than half an hour, and the women were never allowed to leave in a ruffled state – they would emerge with their hair combed and their clothes adjusted and trim. “Mussolini’s technique varied according to the category of visitor: with the ‘regulars’ he would use the huge carpet under the desk, while the ‘newcomers’ would be taken to one of the long stone seats which formed part of the window bays, covered with a thick mattress-like cushion designed to fit them. I realized this only because I was surprised to see Mussolini and his lady friends always in lively conversation, so I took to carrying out an inspection of the room: after a search I would find that the cushion in the window seat was rumpled, while from time to time I’d come across a dropped hair clip on the carpet.”1

I think it's available but not on the menu at many inexpensive eateries. In fact, it's usually a surprise to the customer.
I think it was in Kunstforum or some such art magazine ... at a sex oriented art festival they wanted to serve cocktails (no pun intended) containing sperm but they realized that food regulation would not allow it ... so they used saline solution instead.

Why my memory chooses to waste storage space on factoids like this remains a mystery to me ...

Yeah but the beds are designed to collapse under too much weight, because they've never heard of having sex while not on a bed either.
Work surfaces, tables, on a rug, in the shower, standing up... yep, there are other options. Providing a crappy bed won't stop the unstoppable.

Paris Olympics to have "anti-sex beds" in their doomed to fail attempt to keep incredibly athletic and horny young men and women from having sexytime.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/14/lifes...lympics-after-horny-athletes-admit-to-orgies/
I suspect the ‘anti-sex’ angle is the newspapers spin for added clickbait & the cardboard beds are more to do with eco-friendly/sustainability/recyclability & maybe cost as well.

A] I can’t see single beds putting young super-fit people off shagging if they’re so inclined & B] why are they bothered about it anyway? Seems a bit prudish.

They’re also providing 300,00 free condoms so a somewhat mixed message there.

Back