• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

In short, men have tighter, more clean-cut sexuality than women, but they've pigeon-holed themselves into thinking that women are the ultimate trophy and that if you deviate from that, then you are worthless. This is an unnecessary way of thinking...

Got to agree. It is socially unacceptable to say that women are only really necessary for reproductive purposes. Many are the men who regret the day they met their female. If you turn up at a function or family gathering on your own, or worst still, with a 'mate', you are very much the outsider.

INT21

The thing about lesbians and female sexuality when we speak sociologically is that heterosexual women who would consider kissing another girl would gain male attention due to heterosexual men finding lesbianism attractive (hence why it's more accepted. It is a man's world, after all.), plus with the biological factor of more open attraction coming into play, the female gets a double reward, even if she chooses to only have sex with the male. In us lesbians, we see our attraction towards women follow nearly the same pattern as men's, minus the social conditioning of "being gay makes you weak and therefore you cannot associate with us". Plus, since women have biologically superior senses of empathy, groups of women will be more supportive of their lesbian friend.

There was a film out recently called Beach Rats (about a young man with confused sexuality) where the female lead observes "A girl kissing another girl is hot - two guys kissing is just gay", or words to that effect. I thought it was supposed to be a moment of humour, but now I'm not so sure.

If you turn up at a function or family gathering on your own, or worst still, with a 'mate', you are very much the outsider.

This applies to women too. Nobody wants to go to a function alone. Doesn't make you an 'outsider' though, it's just awkward walking in on your own.

I have a friend who, when walking into a function, proclaims 'Hi, my name's Mike and I'm big on erections'.
That gets their attention.
Actually he is a civil engineer

Escargot,

I think it's deeper than that.
If a single man or woman in a group, is talking to members of the opposite sex who are their with wife/husband, they may be seen as predatory. It doesn't seem to matter as much if they have their spouse with them.
I suppose the thinking is that he/she is under the gaze of their spouse and is not likely to be 'hunting'.

INT21.

I have a friend who, when walking into a function, proclaims 'Hi, my name's Mike and I'm big on erections'.
That gets their attention.
Actually he is a civil engineer

:rollingw:

Escargot,

I think it's deeper than that.
If a single man or woman in a group, is talking to members of the opposite sex who are their with wife/husband, they may be seen as predatory. It doesn't seem to matter as much if they have their spouse with them.
I suppose the thinking is that he/she is under the gaze of their spouse and is not likely to be 'hunting'.

INT21.

Urghh! This mindset, that every single person must be desperate for a partner or constantly 'looking for love', is so maddening to those of us who've chosen to be single and like it!

It is very prevalent though, so I'm sure you're right.

I recall going to a 'do' ten years after leaving school (a big mistake). A girl I really liked at the time said hello and during the conversation felt the need to tell me that she was married now. Said in such a way as to want to ask her if she thought that I was going to ask her out, or perhaps a snog behind the bike sheds.

This applies to women too. Nobody wants to go to a function alone. Doesn't make you an 'outsider' though, it's just awkward walking in on your own.
I have this problem with the Christmas party at my main place of work. I'm the only single one there and everybody else turns up with their wife or husband. There seems to be no option to duck out of going, unless I can invent some clever excuse not to go.

Last edited:
I recall going to a 'do' ten years after leaving school (a big mistake). A girl I really liked at the time said hello and during the conversation felt the need to tell me that she was married now. Said in such a way as to want to ask her if she thought that I was going to ask her out, or perhaps a snog behind the bike sheds.
Was it a big mistake apart from that woman being there? .. I went to a private school for the first part of my education and a comprehensive for the second part .. I've never been tempted to go to any reunions for the private school, more intimidated by the idea to be honest, I'm expecting they'll all be more financial winners in life or something and we'll have nothing in common .. the kids I went to school with had the kind of parents who'd buy them out of difficulty just to compete with their friends.

I was socially inept at school so had nothing in common with anyone really. And if I hadn't spoken to someone in ten years there is probably a good reason for that.

I was socially inept at school so had nothing in common with anyone really. And if I hadn't spoken to someone in ten years there is probably a good reason for that.
Me too .. I was shy as anything around girls at school. I didn't have sex until I was old enough to and even then it was her idea and I thought I was supposed to get married next and I had no idea what was going on.

I have this problem with the Christmas party at my main place of work. I'm the only single one there and everybody else turns up with their wife or husband. There seems to be no option to duck out of going, unless I can invent some clever excuse not to go.

Just say you're going to your wedding anniversary do.

Me too .. I was shy as anything around girls at school. I didn't have sex until I was old enough to and even then it was her idea and I thought I was supposed to get married next and I had no idea what was going on.

I laughed out loud at Frank Skinner's account of when he managed to have a threesome in his younger, wilder days when Lad Culture was king. It made him feel very awkward and self-conscious, he said, adding, "...and I didn't like all the whispering".

I laughed out loud at Frank Skinner's account of when he managed to have a threesome in his younger, wilder days when Lad Culture was king. It made him feel very awkward and self-conscious, he said, adding, "...and I didn't like all the whispering".
I've had the grand total of 3 threesomes .. the first one was a bit awkward because I got the feeling my mate was just trying to impress his girlfriend and he was my mate so I didn't want to fully go through with it even though she was very good looking .. the second one was more fun but again, I liked the women .. involved as mates, she invited another woman as a fun thing we could all do one day .. the third one was ace .. a girl I was briefly dating who ended up buying me a T Shirt that reads 'Free Spirit' .. I think if you're going to end up experimenting with threesomes, you have to be kind to and aware of people's feelings that might surface after the event, don't brag about it afterwards, don't get hung up on that being the only way you should ever want to have sex because 'making love' is better if you love a person.

Couldn't agree more...and we should also heed Skinner's advice.

...he also mentioned that at one point there was a terrible clash of heads and it occurred to him that, under FIFA rules, the game should be stopped immediately :)

... Urghh! This mindset, that every single person must be desperate for a partner or constantly 'looking for love', is so maddening to those of us who've chosen to be single and like it!

It is very prevalent though ...

I agree it's prevalent, but ... I'd say its prevalence isn't any proof of its validity or viability.

If you stop and think about it, that mindset is readily construable as a defensive posture by folks who've elected to embed their lives within a marriage (or equivalent long-term relationship), for better or for worse.

Once you grok that point, you can leverage it in situations where the mated mainstreamers try to needle you about being single.

FWIW, I'm quite up-front about it ... Whenever someone asks about my marital status, love life, etc., I simply tell them the truth - I deliberately decided to retire from the romance / relationships game a quarter-century ago, following a pair of disastrous affairs and the subsequent realization I was happier overall on my own. The optional postscript is to state nothing since has made me regret or rethink that decision.

Biscuit tin sex secrets revealed :yay: .. "I knew that I'd made it when I got into the Whistable Times"

Last edited:
Will Ugandans swallow this?

Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni doesn't want people to use their mouths in ways he does not approve, so he trying to ban oral sex. This is the same gentleman who made it a crime not to report people suspected of being gay. "“Let me take this opportunity to warn our people publicly about the wrong practices indulged in and promoted by some of the outsiders. The mouth is for eating, not for sex. We know the address of sex; we know where sex is. ...

https://boingboing.net/2018/04/18/ugandan-president-wants-to-out.html

Will Ugandans swallow this?

Ugandan president Yoweri Museveni doesn't want people to use their mouths in ways he does not approve, so he trying to ban oral sex. This is the same gentleman who made it a crime not to report people suspected of being gay. "“Let me take this opportunity to warn our people publicly about the wrong practices indulged in and promoted by some of the outsiders. The mouth is for eating, not for sex. We know the address of sex; we know where sex is. ...

https://boingboing.net/2018/04/18/ugandan-president-wants-to-out.html
I remember learning from somewhere about 20 years ago that oral sex was a crime in Washington .. I've no idea if that's true ..

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/washi...ohibited-consensual-sexual-activity-laws.html

Not to mention aural sex...

University of Michigan Professor Sarah Ensor published an academic journal article this month that argues that humans should establish erotic relationships with plants.

Originally highlighted by the Twitter account New Real Peer Review, Ensor’s journal article explores the field of “ecosexuality,” a term which means the sexual relationship between humans and plants. Advocates in the field argue that the Earth needs to be treated with love. In addition to reducing harmful environmental practices, ecosexuals believe that humans should physically make love to the Earth.

Ensor, an English professor at the University of Michigan, begins by citing the “Ecosex Manifesto,” which was penned by UC Santa Cruz Professor Elizabeth Stephens. Breitbart News originally reported on Stephens and her “ecosex” movement in September. Then, Stephens was promoting her documentary in which she and others lick trees, roll around in mud, and engage in sexual acts with elements of nature.

Ensor begins her article by citing Stephens’ manifesto. “[Ecosexuals] make love with the earth… We shamelessly hug trees, massage the earth with our feet, and talk erotically to plants,” Stephens wrote.

Now, Professor Ensor is carrying on the nonsensical tradition started by Stephens. In her journal article, she argues that environmental spaces must welcome queer and “polymorphous” sexual identities. According to Sigmund Freud, “polymorphous sexuality” refers to the ability to receive sexual gratification from activities that aren’t traditionally considered to be sexual.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...or-writes-about-talking-erotically-to-plants/

maximus otter

University of Michigan Professor Sarah Ensor published an academic journal article this month that argues that humans should establish erotic relationships with plants.

Originally highlighted by the Twitter account New Real Peer Review, Ensor’s journal article explores the field of “ecosexuality,” a term which means the sexual relationship between humans and plants. Advocates in the field argue that the Earth needs to be treated with love. In addition to reducing harmful environmental practices, ecosexuals believe that humans should physically make love to the Earth.

Ensor, an English professor at the University of Michigan, begins by citing the “Ecosex Manifesto,” which was penned by UC Santa Cruz Professor Elizabeth Stephens. Breitbart News originally reported on Stephens and her “ecosex” movement in September. Then, Stephens was promoting her documentary in which she and others lick trees, roll around in mud, and engage in sexual acts with elements of nature.

Ensor begins her article by citing Stephens’ manifesto. “[Ecosexuals] make love with the earth… We shamelessly hug trees, massage the earth with our feet, and talk erotically to plants,” Stephens wrote.

Now, Professor Ensor is carrying on the nonsensical tradition started by Stephens. In her journal article, she argues that environmental spaces must welcome queer and “polymorphous” sexual identities. According to Sigmund Freud, “polymorphous sexuality” refers to the ability to receive sexual gratification from activities that aren’t traditionally considered to be sexual.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...or-writes-about-talking-erotically-to-plants/

maximus otter

Be careful of doing it with Triffids.

Back