• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Weather

Very worrying indeed. Don't think we have any Caribbeans or Floridians on the members list, but if you're reading from those parts, please be safe.

There's a video at this link of a plane filming from within the eye of Irma. The immense cloud wall is almost biblical. I'd be very scared.

ed. If you go large screen, you see Kermit hanging off the rear view mirror. That's my kind of luck charm. Very wise to have him aboard.

Hurricane Irma: Scientists' video shows eye of record-breaking storm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-07/hurricane-irma-video-scientists-fly-through-storm-eye/8880512

I work with a bloke from the Dominican Republic. i haven't seen him yet so ask if his family is safe.

Very worrying indeed. Don't think we have any Caribbeans or Floridians on the members list, but if you're reading from those parts, please be safe.

There's a video at this link of a plane filming from within the eye of Irma. The immense cloud wall is almost biblical. I'd be very scared.

ed. If you go large screen, you see Kermit hanging off the rear view mirror. That's my kind of luck charm. Very wise to have him aboard.

Hurricane Irma: Scientists' video shows eye of record-breaking storm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-07/hurricane-irma-video-scientists-fly-through-storm-eye/8880512

One of my sisters lives in Saint Maarten, on the French side. I haven't heard from her (on Facebook) since before the first outer band of Irma hit, and now all communications are down. The Dutch marines are there now, but Hurricane Jose is coming up! What a mess! (The Facebook grapevine tells me that my sister is safe, but noone knows where, and I certainly have not been able to speak with her.)

One of my sisters lives in Saint Maarten, on the French side. I haven't heard from her (on Facebook) since before the first outer band of Irma hit, and now all communications are down. The Dutch marines are there now, but Hurricane Jose is coming up! What a mess! (The Facebook grapevine tells me that my sister is safe, but noone knows where, and I certainly have not been able to speak with her.)

Hope everything is ok with her.

Here we have a Fortean twist to the Irma story. I prophesy she shall fail.

Christian “Prophetess” Will Stop Hurricane Irma By Hitting It With a Scepter
SEPTEMBER 8, 2017 BY HEMANT MEHTA

For some reason, Christian “Prophetess” Kat Kerr thinks she can stop Hurricane Irma by “taking authority over it” and using her scepter to crush the weather.

Because Jesus.

… I make a ruling that storm will leave this area, will leave the coast. I will not tolerate its presence anywhere on the coast of Florida. And I’m commanding it to leave and get back out in the ocean.

At the same time, it’ll dissipate. So I command the millibars in that hurricane, you RISE right now. You keep rising, and rising, and rising till the storm will be downgraded, downgraded, downgraded…

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...itting-it-with-a-scepter/#rxU166t58p40ru5F.99

For some reason, Christian “Prophetess” Kat Kerr thinks she can stop Hurricane Irma by “taking authority over it” and using her scepter to crush the weather.

Because Jesus.

… I make a ruling that storm will leave this area, will leave the coast. I will not tolerate its presence anywhere on the coast of Florida. And I’m commanding it to leave and get back out in the ocean.

At the same time, it’ll dissipate. So I command the millibars in that hurricane, you RISE right now. You keep rising, and rising, and rising till the storm will be downgraded, downgraded, downgraded…

Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...itting-it-with-a-scepter/#rxU166t58p40ru5F.99
No problem then, for Florida to cancel the evacuation.
Jesus will fix this in no time.
lawd-jesus-hallelujah.jpg

The POWAH of JEEZUS commands it!

Seriously, though - that 'prophetess' isn't helping with what has become a truly dire situation.

And here's a lighter touch..

Harvey and Irma Schluter have been married for 75 years. He turned 104 in July; she will be 93 in November.

They vividly remember many of the major events of the 20th century, from her first time spotting an airplane, during the Great Depression, to his wonder at watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon. In a recent phone interview, Mrs. Schluter even recalled the weather near her home in Spokane, Wash., on the day that President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. (Cool and cloudy.)

But never before have they seen two major hurricanes bearing their names threaten the United States. ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/us/harvey-irma-couple.html

I just hope somebody records and posts a video of Kerr wading into the surf and raising her scepter as the storm surge arrives. Either the would-be prophetess ('profit-ess', more likely ... ) or the rest of us will learn what's what. My bet's on her bearing the brunt of the educational experience ...

Glad to hear that your sister is safe, I simply can't imagine how one would muster the energy to rebuild time & time again but I suppose if that is your only option you hunker down & get on with it.

Because Jesus.

The storm has just been upgraded upgraded upgraded.
Thanks, Kat.

The kind of idiocy that spreads this as a 'joke' under estimating the idiocy of a good number of gun toting U.S. citizens amazes me.

Living in Morecambe I would like to see the location but fear that it is just too morbid and grisly to actually go ahead and do it.

Interesting to note that the lightning is going up as well as down.

Yes it looks to be emerging from multiple directions, not just from above and below. I imagine the static nature of the electricity in the air means that all it takes is a catalyst and whatever energies are close by react. Is that what happens? It is a fascinating area of study.

Do we have a thread on upper-stratospheric lightning - elves, jets, sprites? Those events are trippy and so elusive to capture and measure.

... Do we have a thread on upper-stratospheric lightning - elves, jets, sprites? Those events are trippy and so elusive to capture and measure.

The only thread specifically dedicated to such phenomena is:

New types of lightning: Sprites, jets, elves, etc.

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/new-types-of-lightning-sprites-jets-elves-etc.9737/

Mention of these phenomena occurs in multiple other threads - typically threads focused on one or another 'flash in the sky' incident.

I know there's a storm headed this way with a hurricane hitting Ireland but the sky here has darkened to almost night time levels and it's only 2pm. It's a very strange yellow/grey colour, looks very ominous. It actually reminds me of an eclipse. No rain or wind as yet.

EDIT - North East England.

Here in the South East, the sky's the colour of a livid bruise - it's all the dust from the Sahara that Ophelia's kicked up.

Here in the South East, the sky's the colour of a livid bruise - it's all the dust from the Sahara that Ophelia's kicked up.

Indeed. Can glimpse a very odd looking blood-red sun from time to time here in Reading today. Overall light levels very low and an oppressivly heavy feeling in the air.

Indeed. Can glimpse a very odd looking blood-red sun from time to time here in Reading today. Overall light levels very low and an oppressivly heavy feeling in the air.
Yep, concur @gellatly68 down here (Dorset) the sky earlier was the dirty yellow of an ocean swell, but that's cleared and I know a few miles further north, it's red skies.

There's a sort of yellowish tint to the sky - well clouds and fog - in Dundee.

Just went for a stroll. Dublin windy but not cold, some rain in wind. Strong gusts in some areas. Trees down in Upper Leeson Street.

Much worse in other areas, power off for thousands, roofs blown off. Fuckwits going swimming etc. Windsurfers had to rescued.

Back