• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Werewolves

Originally posted by Evolved
How did u know it was a he?

He's the hairy-handed gent
who ran amok in Kent.
Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair.
You better stay away from him;
He'll rip your lungs out, Jim.

I'd like to meet his tailor.

Peter Jenkins said:
So where in the UK can i go to see werewolves as they look like cool animals.

But only up to the point where your throat is ripped out and your gushing blood stains the ground like a final scarlet scream of terror. :p

Here's an idea: why not go to graveyard under the light of a full moon and see what happens?

If you don't post anymore, we'll all take it as evidence of proof of the existence of Werewolves. :D

Or vampires!

If you wanted tosee werewolves it might be better to go looking in out of the way places as they would be sure to avoid human populations, much like a true wolf avoids humans. Perhaps an extensive and deeply forrested region somewhere?

I always have wondered....What happens if a vampire bites a werewolf? Or a werewolf bites a vampire?

Or if the Wolfman met Frankenstein's monster?

Oh, that's right, Abbott and Costello already did that one. :p

River_Styx said:
I always have wondered....What happens if a vampire bites a werewolf? Or a werewolf bites a vampire?

A Werepire

Or

A Vampolf (sounds like a rather camp vamp)

The (un) legendary Ronald Chetwynd-Hayes addressed this thorny problem a number of times, most notably in a short story the name of which completely escapes me at this time.

Suffice to say, an unpleasant (deranged) clergyman destroys a rather friendly clan of monsters, neglecting to think about what happens as a result of all the various wounds he incurs in the process. We never get to see what he becomes, but it ain't nice.

Dracula could turn himself into a wolf anyway, so that's not that far off being a werewolf, except that he could change at will and werewolves have no control over it.

I dont think a werewolf bite would affect a vampire it being dead or undead as the case may be....as for the reverse...I dunno!

now lets see.

Consider this:

A werewolf in human form (no full moon) is bitten by a Vampire and transformed. The only effect I can imagine is that this would either cure the lycanhrophy or on the night of a full moon the blood sucker gets out of his coffin and scratches his ear with his foot then gives himself a good clean in a manner best not mentioned on this forum :eek:

Also would this hybrid condition be contagious :confused:

Dracula could also turn himself into a bat, rats and mist...Imagine a werewolf with those abilities.
But now I have another conumdrum. What if a zombie was bitten by, or bit one of those as well?
I'm talking Romero zombies that have contagious bites here not the voodoo type zombie.

I think the werewolf would probably eat the zombie. Dogs will eat just about anything.

But surely if the Romero zombie bit the werewolf you would get a Zombie werewolf?

Ahem a zombie werewolf out to eat your brains?

Groovy? Well ok, as long as you are between it and me.

Or unless I have a working chainsaw or lawnmower...

Could the rotting zombie flesh take the metamorphosis process?

That dude is so cool.
If I was going to be trapped in a house surrounded by zombie vampire werewolves, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have with me.

Indeed

Groovy!

Bah tried to attach a pic of Ash and got this eror message

Warning: stat failed for C:\WINNT\TEMP\php545.tmp (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in D:\VirtualServers\forteantimes.com\webroot\forum\admin\functions.php on line 1689

Maby l8er

The Werewolf Belt

I have an old book (from Scholastic, of all places) about werewolf lore that describes how to become a werewolf. It involved geting a wolf-hair belt and dedicating yourself to the forces of darkness in exchange for the power to change. Then after you have performed a little ritual, you can put on the belt and become a wolf at will.

Has anything of this kind of folk-belief in werewolfery or shap-shifting ever been discovered by archaeologists, in the way that, say, a voodoo charm or curse has been found by archaeologists/anthropologists in the past? (Actually, my folklore prof had a juju charm that had been left under somebody's doorstep to curse them with bad luck).

Sorry, can't help with the archaeology, but, I always thought that you turned into a werewolf after being bitten or scratched by one? (Too many movies ah? ;) ) That, or if you don't properly kill a vampire they mutate into one?

Peter Stubb (or Stump) had a wolf-pelt girdle which did the shape-shifter trick for him.
Executed in 1589 in Bedburg, Germany, after a 25-year murderous rampage.

Here's a site I found:

http://vampires.monstrous.com/how_to_become_a_werewolf__.htm

And this is what it says about the belt:

The Magic Belt
Polish legend said a witch could transform a bride and groom into wolves by laying a girdle of human skin across the threshold at their wedding feast. Later they would receive dresses of fur and would regain their human shape at will.

Among Teutonic peoples, it was thought donning special girdles made of the pelt of a wolf or the skin of a hanged man would effect the change. In the Balkins, the magic came from drinking water from a beast's footprint, or from eating a beast's brain.

When tied around the body, a strip of leather made from wolf skin can turn a witch into a wolf. However, there is a way to destroy the belt's magic power. If one throws a knife or a piece of shiny steel over the werewolf, he will instantly be transformed into his true human form and stand there completely naked. It was called "making blank" the witch, the wolf, and so forth.

Oh...so it's not the dodgy, dark side of the 'stock-broker belt'...?!:D

Back