• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

West USA disaster premonitions

A

Anonymous

I am a Reiki practitioner and am a member of a Reiki webring, so I get email from members who post messages. I checked my email today for the first time in a week, and many of the Reiki folks posting have recently had "really bad feelings", psychic images, or (in my case) terrible and vivid dreams of doom centered in the US west. My very disturbing dream happened last Sunday, before I saw anyone else's posts about disasters or danger. My dream happened before the reports of the Mt Saint Helens volcanic eruptions were reported in the media, too, although it was obvious to me when I saw the news video about the volcano that my dream images were spookily similar to the giant ash cloud the eruption put out. Some of the premonitions seem to be focused on the costal areas, but maybe that is just because people still have tsunami on the brain. I am on the California coast, but many of the (alleged; I can only vouch for the "authenticity" of my apoclyptic Dream of Doom) premonitions come from folks who are not.

Has anyone else heard of / been having premonitions of natural disaster in the Western area of the US?

I guess everyone who lives on the west coast has at the back of their mind the knowledge that the Big One (San Andreas fault earthquake, half California disappears into the Pacific, etc) could happen almost anytime, and in the long run is probably inevitable.

I wonder if the Global consciousness 'eggs' are picking anything up?
(I'll try a search when I have more time.)

I had a dream a few months ago about the Golden Gate bridge collapsing, and the sea covering a lot of San Fransisco, ( this was before the Asian tsunami ) there were a lot of floating bodies, nasty, but I don't think it was a premonition, probably just something I'd seen on Discovery about Mega-Tusanmi's I think. ( I'd be gutted if anything did happen now :( after saying that )

It'll be that volcanic caldera going off under Yellowstone then...still it'll put an end to global warming.

rynner said:
"I wonder if the Global consciousness 'eggs' are picking anything up?
(I'll try a search when I have more time.)"

:confused: What are those?

Midnight said:
rynner said:
"I wonder if the Global consciousness 'eggs' are picking anything up?
(I'll try a search when I have more time.)"

:confused: What are those?

The Global Consciouness Project at Princeton:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7527

one of, to my mind, the more significant research efforts into 'paranormal' activity I'm aware of.

Miss Monica: Thank you for sharing that. I've never had precognitive dreams myself, though the subject is fascinating. Do you feel that your Reiki work has made you more sensitive to experiencing such things?

Has anyone else heard of / been having premonitions of natural disaster in the Western area of the US?

Not lately, but last summer(?) I had a pre-cog dream where I was standing on the porch of a cabin high in the hills and the sky was black. When I turned my head to look, I could see smoke high up into the sky, and to one side it was so dense the sky was blackened. That morning I saw video of the firestorms in California, almost exactly the image I had seen. Eerie. I haven't had any dreams regarding mud slides, though.

Prof Pretorius:

Could the premonition been of what was on TV, and not the actual event itself? (That is, was the event seen indirectly?)

I ask because the times I've had premonitions in dreams, it invariably turns out to be some movie that turns up on television in the next couple of weeks. I do not know if the (eventual) electronic transmission of the "event" might be playing some part in this. I don't realize that the event in the dream is on television at the time of the dream. It seems like a actual (dream) event at the time.

Isn't it a rather easy prediction to say that you see something bad happening to the Pacific states? Between earthquakes, volcanos, mudslides, torrential rains, wildfires, "gangstas", and the Michael Jackson trial something disastrous is bound to happen even in a short time frame.

That being said I have always held the belief that California was going to sink into the ocean during my lifetime.

chrisford said:
That being said I have always held the belief that California was going to sink into the ocean during my lifetime.

Can it hold off for a few years? I'm about to move out there to do a master's degree... :heh:

ideasman said:
It'll be that volcanic caldera going off under Yellowstone then...still it'll put an end to global warming.

Absolutely right.

When (not IF) the Yellowstone Caldera blows, millions of people will die and the US plains will be a blasted wasteland.

Of course, it could sleep for another 600,000 years.....I hope. :D

Hmm.. I had a dream that I was standing in a tall building watching some kind of shockwave (no water or explosion - more like a visible wall of air travelling at Mach 10+) knocking loads of buildings over. It was a 'large scale' dream, i.e. you could see it happening for miles in all directions, and it was bedlam. Strangely, I had the dream while I was back in Wales (September time), but I couldn't quite figure out where the dream was supposed to be based. I thought it could be Nottingham... it certainly 'felt' like Nottingham, but bore no resemblance to it at all. I did have the distinct impression that it was an American city, but everything was British. Anyway, I'd forgotten about that up until reading this

That's it. I'm staying put right here in Pennsylvania where the worst natural disasters are mild hurricanes and floods.

My dream happened before the reports of the Mt Saint Helens volcanic eruptions were reported in the media, too, although it was obvious to me when I saw the news video about the volcano that my dream images were spookily similar to the giant ash cloud the eruption put out.

Did Mt. Saint Helens actually erupt again? I wasn't aware that actually happened. I oughta watch the news more often :?
Anyway, they have actually been talking about the fact that Mt. Saint Helens looked like it was going to erupt again for quite some time. Not saying that you didn't have a premonition. It's quite possible you did. I'm just wondering though, is it possible that you heard about the fact they thought it might erupt again and this triggered the dream?

Last night I had the most disturbing dream I've ever had. It was uncannily (sp?) similar to Mr Snowman's. I live in the Midlands (very near to Nottingham). In the dream I was in some sort of comedy club/bar (I got the feeling it was somewhere in America though) when very load sirens started to go off and people started to run. I knew it was real and not a drill as you could 'smell' it coming. There was a smell of burning paint/plastic. The next thing I was hit by the explosion and everything went white. I couldn't see but I knew myself, everyone and everything around was being destroyed by the explosion. I remember thinking 'ok I'm dying but it's not hurting yet, I hope it's over quickly, before I feel any pain.' And then I was very upset because I wasn't with my husband.

I can tell you, I don't scare easily with dreams but that did scare me very much.

Did you end up feeling any pain? I had a dream recently in which I was being electorcuted (sp?) and it REALLY HURT! It kind of scared me when I woke up and realized I had been feeling so much pain as a result of a dream.

No I didn't feel any pain. I just woke up. I was fully expecting to see something about a massive explosion somewhere on the news this morning

I had a dream a few years ago about a nuke going up at a nearby airbase which was so vivid it shook me considerably, I walked outside the back door and ' knew ' I was about to die, and then, like Spacemonkey said, it all went white, and I was thinking, ' Am I dead yet? Where am I then? ' I was actually relieved to be dead and not afraid any-more. There is a nato base not far away, so nothing would really surpise me.

RainyOcean said:
That's it. I'm staying put right here in Pennsylvania where the worst natural disasters are mild hurricanes and floods.

Sure about that?

Haven't you heard about the old volcano on the Canary Islands outside West Africa which is about to collapse into the sea and create a gigantic tsunami which could hit east coast of USA?.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/6885765.htm

Back