• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who's Worth Following In The UFO-Scene These Days?

I'm going to review back over Dimensions today to be able to talk about that book. So will comment more later, tonight, to keep this conversation going. Thanks Dr.Wu for sharing your thoughts on my previous comment. You are probably right about JV in that regard but I just wanted to express my suspicions on that matter nevertheless. :)

Below are some isolated excerpts from Dimensions:

‘I propose that there is a spiritual control system for human consciousness and that paranormal phenomena like UFOs are one of its manifestations. I cannot tell whether this control is natural and spontaneous; whether it is explainable in terms of genetics, of social psychology, or of ordinary phenomena – or if it is artificial in nature, under the power of some superhuman will. It may be entirely determined by laws that we have not yet discovered.’

‘There are ways to gain access to the reference level of every control system.’

‘It is interesting to observe that the pattern of UFO waves has the same structure as a schedule of reinforcement.’

‘Human life is ruled by imagination and myth; these obey strict laws and they, too, are governed by control systems, although admittedly not of the hardware type. If UFOs are acting at the mythic and spiritual level it will be almost impossible to detect it by conventional methods.’

‘What is the variable being controlled in this control system? Thermostats control temperature; gyroscopes control the direction in which a rocket flies. What could a paranormal phenomenon control? I suggest that it is human belief that is being controlled and conditioned.’

‘I believe that the UFO phenomenon represents evidence for other dimensions beyond spacetime; the UFOs may not come from ordinary space, but from a multiverse which is all around us, and of which we have stubbornly refused to consider the disturbing reality in spite of the evidence available to us for centuries. Such a theory is required in order to explain both the modern cases and the chronicles of Magonia – the abductions and the psychic component I believe there is a system around us that transcends time as it transcends space. Other researchers have reached the same conclusion. Some have come away deeply discouraged by the realization best summed up early in this century by Charles Fort, the author of The Book of the Damned: "We are property."

Jacques Vallee, Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact (San Antonio*Charlottseville: Anomalist Books, 1988,2008), 140-146.

Traditionally, religion and nationalism have been the two shared mythologies that maintain cohesive societies once we expand beyond the parameters of living in small isolated tribes.

You could argue that the force or intelligence behind the UFO phenomenon is the same one that in the past inspired religious belief systems.

But while there's plenty of mileage in tracing how the great religions have shaped our societies, I don't see how you could claim the same for the UFO phenomenon.

While UFO/entity encounters may have a profound effect on individual experiencers, I doubt anyone would claim the modern (post WW2) UFO phenomenon has shaped or influenced our society in any tangible significant way.

Perhaps the control system, or whatever you want to call it, has already fulfilled its purpose? And now it's just blindly creating feeble visions of space critters and heavenly saucers that are no more than spooky tales to be told around the camp fire.

Some have come away deeply discouraged by the realization best summed up early in this century by Charles Fort, the author of The Book of the Damned: "We are property."
If Fort said this in 'TBOTD', can anyone shed some light as to what he actually meant?

That we are metaphorical mere microbes, dwarfed by a universe that spawned us?

Or did he mean that on an astronomical / ultradimensional scale we are someone's science experiment?

Presumably he did not infer that we are the chattels of some indefinable deity...I always thought of him as too Wells/Clarke for that, perhaps with some slippage towards Sagen's mild agnosticism.

If Fort said this in 'TBOTD', can anyone shed some light as to what he actually meant?

It's one of his most tremendous gothic moments. To be treasured alongside, "We are fished-for." etc.

Of course, Wells had put us in our place - very effectively - at the start of War of the Worlds many years earlier.

Fort's giant black forms that swim into our ken in anomalous astronomical reports are chillers of the same kind.

He is a terrible tease! :glee:

Fort's giant black forms that swim into our ken in anomalous astronomical reports are chillers of the same kind.

That sounds familiar, I am immediately reminded of scary vintage astronomer reports of weird wyvern / giant bat silhouettes, reportedly seen crossing the moon at the turn of last century. These were listed in some of the more fringe UFO pulp paperbacks of my 1970s introduction to frightening Forteana

Traditionally, religion and nationalism have been the two shared mythologies that maintain cohesive societies once we expand beyond the parameters of living in small isolated tribes.

You could argue that the force or intelligence behind the UFO phenomenon is the same one that in the past inspired religious belief systems.

But while there's plenty of mileage in tracing how the great religions have shaped our societies, I don't see how you could claim the same for the UFO phenomenon.

While UFO/entity encounters may have a profound effect on individual experiencers, I doubt anyone would claim the modern (post WW2) UFO phenomenon has shaped or influenced our society in any tangible significant way.

Perhaps the control system, or whatever you want to call it, has already fulfilled its purpose? And now it's just blindly creating feeble visions of space critters and heavenly saucers that are no more than spooky tales to be told around the camp fire.

Interesting perspective and thanks for sharing! :)

The idea of some 'alien control system' similar to the one postulated by Dr Vallee is a fascinating idea.
He explored this is several books them more or less stopped talking about it in later ones. Keel's idea of the Superspectrum in the Eighth Tower is similar in some ways as is the theme of Daimonic Reality by Harpur and Grand Illusions by Little . They all postulate an unknown force or intelligence behind the apparent front of what we have come to call the ufo phenomenon and also the 'paranormal'. As was mentioned above it could also be the trigger for various religious movements and other cultural themes.
Another book which approaches this in a darker more sinister manner is Gods Of Eden by Bramley. He brings in global history, secret groups, and aliens....but beware...apparently he was a Scientologist ( and even worse a lawyer...;)) so perhaps his thinking is biased from that perspective.

ATS has a couple of great looong 2014 threads on JV's "Control System"... many interesting insights on it by various members there. It would be wonderful if we could have a similar discussion here on it including one on those similar viewpoints by those authors you just mentioned. I'll comment later on this... am still in process of reviewing everything on this topic. Anywhere you want to start on it is fine with me... but I'll be adding my own thoughts on this topic later today. :)

(Gods of Eden.... keep meaning to read that one but will read some reviews on it today... thanks for the tip!)

Last edited:
Btw, here's a great post at ATS from that "Control System" thread there that I thought was very informative.... it's by the member Blue Mole and it's taking into consideration that UFOs are trickster archetypes:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread994659/pg4

"I just want to quibble a bit, if I may. There is a chance that these tricksters are more like psycho-physical manifestations of the trickster archetype; living myths... and less like autonomous beings with agendas and malevolent aspirations. So, trickster scholarship might prove vital to the future of ufology. For that, we must turn to religion, myth, folktales.

"Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths" -Joseph Campbell

Vladimir Propp, literary theorist, thought that Russian folktales could be seen as variations of a few underlying plot elements. Generally, a preliminary situation is followed by "misfortune or lack" and then by a sequence of events that repairs what misfortune or lack disturbed. The trickster figure mischief-maker and thief is one of the prime movers of the narrative. He gets the story moving and it comes to an end when he and his mischief have been dealt with.

There are only a few ways to deal with the trickster. A limited number of plots. From the threshold there are only a few ways the trickster can move. He can come inside, he can leave entirely, or he can stay exactly where he started, resisting all attempts to civilize or exile. From the tricksters point of view, staying on the threshold is the ideal. It gives us the plot that never resolves, the endlessly strung-together Coyote tales each linked to each with the phrase "Coyote was going along..."

Awakened consciousness is the potential end of the narrative, without it the tale can go on and on, another night, another season... another unconscious projection of the trickster archetype that we can't withdraw and can't exile.

"The so-called civilized man has forgotten the trickster. He remembers him only figuratively and metaphorically, when, irritated by his own ineptitude, he speaks of fate playing tricks on him or of things being bewitched. He never suspects that his own hidden and apparently harmless shadow has qualities whose dangerousness exceeds his wildest dreams." -Carl Jung

The trickster figure is more than a mere story, more than a mere metaphor. It's an archetype of the collective unconscious. It's part of us, and our minds project it "out there" in symbolic, poetic, cryptic, semi-autonomous thought-forms that change from culture to culture, age to age, person to person, religion to religion.

In our modern space-age culture, it has taken the form of UFOs for many people. The archetype is projected "out there" in UFO form where it is seen by many people. A public dream that is solid enough for radar to bounce off of.

But how can that be, you ask? If UFOs are mere projections, then there shouldn't be any physical evidence, right? Radar can't bounce off a dream... you can't take a photograph of a psychic object, can you?

"Oh yes, this is an important point to make, which the flying saucer people are forever misunderstanding, and that is that saying the flying saucer is a psychic object does not mean it is not a physical object. Jung in Mysterium Coniunctionis is at great pains to say that the realm of the psychic and the realm of the physical meet in a strange kind of never-never land that we have yet to create the intellectual tools to explore. This is where the mystery of synchronicity is going to come to rest, the mystery of all kinds of paranormal activity on the part of human beings, and the mystery of the flying saucer." -Terence McKenna"

^The Trickster is indeed an interesting concept in relation to the ufo enigma....it is presented in Grand Illusions as well as Daimonic Reality as an archetype entity. Certainly a possibility regarding what might or might not be involved with the ufo enigma. Do these entities exist independently from us or is our consciousness required to allow them to exist and enter our 'Reality'.
I recommend a book called The Trickster by George Hansen which explores this theme as it relates to the sociological and psychological (and their marginal and liminal aspects) in the paranormal and ufos.
Have these 'things' always been with us on earth as long as mankind has existed (and have only the names changed) and are they a part of us or are they beings in their own right?

Just thought I'd post the following info here for me to use as a reference, should I want to, in this discussion we're having now on archetypes. These are some concepts I used in an essay I wrote some years ago on this topic.

INTERFERENCE PATTERNS

In Quantum physics, many think that the energy of matter is held in place by unseen pre-defined “interference patterns” that are a response to subtle forces.

It's said that as vibrations slow down and continue to do so, they crystallize into those forms and structures that we see in our three dimensional world. #5

The writings of physicist Fred Allen Wolf echoed these same sentiments when he said that the universe is constructed by those “interference patterns” that exists between mind/consciousness and those frequencies located on the physical spectrum.

MORPHIC FIELDS AND MORPHIC RESONANCE

In fact Rupert Sheldrake’s “morphic fields” are also “interference patterns” in, as quantum physicist Bohm terms them, the “implicate order” and the “explicate order” presented in his model of the universe which is a holographic one.

The “explicate order” being comprised of everything in our local physical environment and the “implicate order” being understood as an all encompassing ‘consciousness’.

Sheldrake, referred to that all encompassing “consciousness” as the akashic records which are comprised of morphic fields and units from which the “explicate order”, draws from through a feedback mechanism that he calls “Morphic Resonance”.

Sheldrake’s “morphic field’s”, at least in this context, possess memory banks built up by humanity throughout all time, and are projections of intentions, thoughts and deeds that manifest dominant patterns where some of them are said to be archetypal too. The more universal and dominant those patterns are, the more powerfully they can manifest in various ways into our explicate order.

For example, the BVM apparitions are a case in point. This Christian icon has been worshipped for the past couple of thousand years and has an enormously powerful morphogenetic field where we can speculate that anyone whose stochastic resonant vibration is on level with her’s, can entrian into her field to get new illuminations. Because of the strength of that field, a field that has been fortified by those thoughts and prayers of millions and millions of Christians throughout the ages, this may explain why there have been so many Marian apparitions and communications from her.

HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVES FROM VARIOUS SOURCES ON INTERFERENCE PATTERNS

Interference Patterns (The Influence)
Throughout the ages, philosophers and metaphysicians have said that there is a connection that exists between sound and form -- and that once we become aware of this, we then have a much greater understanding of creation.

John 1:1...
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.”

Another term for the Word, is the Logos.

Ostensibly, there are many other religious traditions that believe that tones derived from the “Music of the Sphere’s” are the source of creation only each have their own way of expressing that. In the Sanskrit tradition, for example, the sound vibration of “Om” is said to be the seed from which all creation came forth.

Rudolph Steiner talked about the simultaneous ‘everywhere’ ubiquitous tone or sound-ether that via the Word-cosmic speech “works within substances in an organized principle“ #1

The notion that there is a relationship between sound and form is elegantly demonstrated in the study of Cymatics* where the sound vibrations will produce different patterns of sand on a Chladni glass plate. The higher the frequencies, the more complex the patterns are.

And as I recall, Tibetan Buddhists have been known to model their Mandela’s from similar type experiments that go as far back as the eighth century.

Dr. Hans Jenny, who is one of the pioneers in the field of Cymatics said that vibrations resulted in what he called “interference patterns.

(Bell's Theorem
Bell’s Theorem#4 has proven that superluminal quantum connectiveness has provided us with a feasible explanation about various kinds of psychic phenomena. Bell concluded that something non-local, that is unknown to science, is the “causal mechanism” that allows for seemingly inexplicable paranormal events to take place. That it is possible for some people to communicate to or get information from someone else through telepathic means who is simultaneously hundreds of miles away; and this implies that we can do that across dimensions too.)#4

Sources:
#1 Leviton, Richard, The Imagination of Pentecost: Rudolph Steiner and Contemporary Spirituality, (Hudson N.Y., Anthroposophic Press), p. 339
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymatics
#2 Fred Allen Wolf, Star Wave: Mind, Consciousness and Quantum Physics (New York: MacMillian, 1984)
#3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Sheldrake
#4Zukav, Gary, The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics, (NY, William Morrow & Company, 1980), p.296-9
#5 Braden, Gregg, Awakening to Zero Point

Last edited:
Mag-ona,
Have you read Daimonic Reality by Patrick Harper and The 8th Tower by Keel?
What are your general thoughts on those two books ? They seem to embody similar ideas to ones you mentioned above.

Note of course that Bell's theorem and quantum entanglement can't be used to send usable information unless there is a classical channel too. That doesn't mean quantum entanglement is useless, far from it; but there must be other channels of communication open as well.

Hello All,

First post here (although Dr Wu knows me). Anyway this subject is one that I have been giving a great deal of thought as of late. Although i like Vallee's "control system" theory, I feel that it does not go far enough. I believe that to get a full picture of the subject we need to take the entirety of the UFO phenomenon - and way beyond that too.

I recognize this is a wildly unpopular position to take. For instance, most people suggest that at least some UFO subjects (like the Contactees) are apocryphal and add nothing of substance to the UFO mythos. However, I believe that they are an integral part of the the big picture. The interesting thing is that when we incorporate the entire mythos, a surprising uniformity of message emerges. Is it just a coincidence that Robert Hastings reports of UFOs interfering with nuclear missiles (widely reported in the US, Russia and England) - and the kind of stuff "nuts and bolts" types eat up - also aligns with Adamski's admonitions against war and the use of nuclear technology? The nuts and bolts-ers, of course, wouldn't touch Adamski with a rubber chicken.

And again, we see the same subject matter relayed to abductees and channelers! There is something for every epistemology to hate here. Yet, the uniformity of the messages received by the contactees and abductees is a subject i have never seen mentioned elsewhere. It seems that the message system is subjective and changeable with culture, individuals and time period. But the messages are remarkably uniform. So, I believe that the medium (the subject that most UFOlogists occupy themselves with) is not entirely relevant. It is plastic and changes with time and territory. But the messages remain the same. Why is that?

And, is it a coincidence that Martin Luther King and Gandhi were also saying much the same things as Orfeo Angelucci and Daniel Fry? Aren't all of these people, in their way, simply modern day oracles or prophets? The contactees were simply taylor made prophets for 1950s "space age" post modernists. Other than the wildly differing outward trappings, are any of these folks delivering messages that substantially differ from each other? I think not.

Then, if we go deeper, we find that established religions are also saying the same things. The messages have been coming to humanity clearly and repeatedly for millinea. Only the messengers have changed in any radical way. The messages remain consistent. And, if we really look at the messages, they are all intentionally pushing humanity toward peace and unity. They admonish us to value peace, love our neighbors and the universe in turn. I never quite understood why many religions insist that our first duty is to "love god". What the hell does that mean anyway?

However, if we turn to quantum physics and Vedic mythology, we find that they tell us matter is an illusion and that the entire universe is a unity. So one part of the unity (universe - or humanity, if you want to keep it small) that turns against another is, in fact, a "dis-ease" to the whole. I would submit that the first duty is not to some abstraction that we label "god", but to the entirety of creation (or humanity if you want to keep it small), if you will.

It is my belief that all of these things are merely different ways that the "conscious and intelligent universe" (the holographic universe of Bohm and Sheldrake) communicates with us. It is the intelligent universe chiding us squabbling children to "wise-up" and join the greater universal community.

To sum up, I believe the reason the entire UFO phenomenon remains a mystery is because humanity is seriously messed up. Until we straighten ourselves out, I believe that UFOs will remain a mystery that materialists and paranromalists will argue over indefinitely. One only has to look at the sad state of politics and public discourse here in America (and elsewhere!) to see that we have some serious work to do. But we continue to ignore the admonitions of Gandhi, Martin Luther King and George King. It is sad really. And I have to say that it is one of the biggest disappointments of my life.

Why can't we live in peace? Even UFOs want that for us. Count me in too.

Just saying'.....

Bonehead

Last edited:
Hello Boney,

Glad you made it across. Wu will be pleased.

INT21:D

...It is the intelligent universe chiding is squabbling children to "wise-up" and join the greater universal community...

Problem is, as far as we know, we are all there is. There is absolutely no indication that anything else exists.

So just where does the above 'universal community' exist ?

INT21

...It is the intelligent universe chiding is squabbling children to "wise-up" and join the greater universal community...

Problem is, as far as we know, we are all there is. There is absolutely no indication that anything else exists.

So just where does the above 'universal community' exist ?

INT21

WHAT is communicating with us? Doesn't a communication require an agency to originate it? Do messages simply spontaneously spawn themselves? Do you actually believe the scientistic myth that the universe has no intelligence and simply accidentally created itself? If the universe is only a freak accident (which I cannot believe for a minute) then why is the universe so orderly and not utter chaos? Does that not imply that there is a plan or model of some sort that informs the rules or models for all creation? Isn't the decipherment of those models the ultimate object of science?

Everything had to come from somewhere. If there were no rules, then we could expect the universe to be chaotic and capricious. Instead we find that it is orderly and that the structure and actions of that order are knowable. The rules of our material universe are a system. A system is a construct of consciousness. And consciousness has to come from somewhere....

And, that consciousness talks to us!

That is where your answer lays. I apologize if that is only an abstraction. For now, that is all we have....

Is it just a coincidence that Robert Hastings reports of UFOs interfering with nuclear missiles (widely reported in the US, Russia and England) - and the kind of stuff "nuts and bolts" types eat up - also aligns with Adamski's admonitions against war and the use of nuclear technology? The nuts and bolts-ers, of course, wouldn't touch Adamski with a rubber chicken.

Interesting point. It reminds me of what Mac Tonnies stated in the 7th chapter of his book, "Cryptoterrestrials"...

"I’ve always thought it interesting that so many UFO sightings have been witnessed over military installations with advanced radar technology; some alleged UFO occupants have even ventured the idea that radar somehow interferes with the operation of their craft—one proposed explanation for the Roswell incident."

The following are some other excerpts from that chapter:

"If John Keel is correct, and we share the planet with “ultraterrestrials” who occupy higher realms of an unseen “superspectrum,” one wonders if we could be upsetting the superspectral hierarchy by marinating our world in a stew of microwaves. Conversely, maybe the advent of widespread cell communication is analogous to the role of fungi according to Terence McKenna. Instead of viewing ubiquitous cell towers as intrusive and harmful, maybe we should look at them as totems through which we might communicate with unseen intelligences."

"Maybe, by inundating the skies with our collective voice, we’re offering the “ultraterrestrials” a sort of Trojan Horse—a technological substrate through which they can penetrate our reality with unprecedented ease."

"Maybe some UFOs are a way our minds have developed to make sense of the onslaught of radio and microwave radiation that permeates modern culture. Radio inundation might be ripping holes in the collective unconscious, leaving conspicuous voids to be filled."

"As pioneering consciousness researcher Rick Strassman has shown, the aggressively psychedelic compound DMT can produce tellingly similar encounters, offering the novel idea that our brains can function as receivers or portals. (Ultimately, some of us might serve as nothing less than transportation devices for incorporeal intelligences, which might explain why some individuals seem predisposed to contact and the pageantry of strangeness that often accompanies it.)"

"For millennia, we’ve interpreted them according to the disguises they adopt, each tailored to mesh with the given paradigm. Even a cursory overview of world folklore indicates that this ability is
extraordinarily well-honed; it may be their most zealously guarded secret.

However, I suggest that our abrupt transformation into a global, intricately networked society poses a grave challenge to what has traditionally been a routine effort. We may be on the threshold of some oblique form of contact; alternatively, this contact may have begun in modern times, marked by the emergence of the contemporary UFO phenomenon and the equally alarming epidemic of so called “alien abductions.” Jacques Vallee has remarked, somewhat famously, about the possible futility of trying to look behind the curtain; what might we be confronted with? Given the opportunity, could we even comprehend what we’re seeing?"

Tonnies, Mac The Cryptoterrestrials: A Meditation On Indigneous Humanoids And The Aliens Among Us,(San Antonio*New York City: Anomalist Books,2010) Chapter 7.

Last edited:
WHAT is communicating with us? Doesn't a communication require an agency to originate it? Do messages simply spontaneously spawn themselves? Do you actually believe the scientistic myth that the universe has no intelligence and simply accidentally created itself? If the universe is only a freak accident (which I cannot believe for a minute) then why is the universe so orderly and not utter chaos? Does that not imply that there is a plan or model of some sort that informs the rules or models for all creation? Isn't the decipherment of those models the ultimate object of science?

Everything had to come from somewhere. If there were no rules, then we could expect the universe to be chaotic and capricious. Instead we find that it is orderly and that the structure and actions of that order are knowable. The rules of our material universe are a system. A system is a construct of consciousness. And consciousness has to come from somewhere....

And, that consciousness talks to us!

That is where your answer lays. I apologize if that is only an abstraction. For now, that is all we have....

The Noosphere:

'In the theory of Vernadsky, the noosphere is the third in a succession of phases of development of the Earth, after the geosphere (inanimate matter) and the biosphere (biological life). Just as the emergence of life fundamentally transformed the geosphere, the emergence of human cognition fundamentally transforms the biosphere. In contrast to the conceptions of the Gaia theorists, or the promoters of cyberspace, Vernadsky's noosphere emerges at the point where humankind, through the mastery of nuclear processes, begins to create resources through the transmutation of elements. It is also currently being researched as part of the Princeton Global Consciousness Project.[8]

For Teilhard, the noosphere is the sphere of thought encircling the earth that has emerged through evolution as a consequence of this growth in complexity / consciousness. The noosphere is therefore as much part of nature as the barysphere, lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere. As a result, Teilhard sees the "social phenomenon [as] the culmination of and not the attenuation of the biological phenomenon."[9] These social phenomena are part of the noosphere and include, for example, legal, educational, religious, research, industrial and technological systems. In this sense, the noosphere emerges through and is constituted by the interaction of human minds. The noosphere thus grows in step with the organization of the human mass in relation to itself as it populates the earth. Teilhard argued the noosphere evolves towards ever greater personalisation, individuation and unification of its elements. He saw the Christian notion of love as being the principal driver of noogenesis. Evolution would culminate in the Omega Point—an apex of thought/consciousness—which he identified with the eschatological return of Christ.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Technological singularity

The technological singularity is the hypothetical advent of artificial general intelligence theoretically capable of recursive self-improvement, resulting in a runaway effect to an intelligence explosion.

There is significant overlap of ideas between proponents of the singularity and futurists who explicitly theorize about the omega point at the end of the universe.

Ray Kurzweil, one of the most prominent singulatarians, writes that "evolution moves inexorably toward our conception of God, albeit never reaching this ideal."

Like Kurzweil, Teilhard predicts a period of rapid technological change that results in a merger of humanity and technology. He believes that this marks the birth of the noosphere and the emergence of the "spirit of the Earth," but the Teilhardian Singularity comes later.

Unlike Kurzweil, Teilhard's singularity is marked by the evolution of human intelligence reaching a critical point in which humans ascend from "transhuman" to "posthuman."[2] He identifies this with the Christian parousia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Point

Last edited:
Is it just a coincidence that Robert Hastings reports of UFOs interfering with nuclear missiles (widely reported in the US, Russia and England) - and the kind of stuff "nuts and bolts" types eat up - also aligns with Adamski's admonitions against war and the use of nuclear technology? The nuts and bolts-ers, of course, wouldn't touch Adamski with a rubber chicken.
I should point out that Robert Hasting's reports are very strongly disputed, and are likely to be just as much garbage as Adamski's fairy tales.
http://timhebert.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/did-ufos-disable-minuteman-missiles-at.html

At the end of the day the reason most of these stories are weird and impossible to verify is because they are mostly the product of the human psyche, the human noosphere, if you will.

I've been interested for some time in the late Mac Tonnie's ideas, but they are almost certainly wrong. UFOs aren't the product of an alien transhuman (transalien?) intelligence, but a product of entirely human and all-too-unreliable perception and misinterpretation.

a product of entirely human and all-too-unreliable perception and misinterpretation.

"Skeptics, who flatly deny the existence of any unexplained phenomenon in the name of 'rationalism,' are among the primary contributors to the rejection of science by the public. People are not stupid and they know very well when they have seen something out of the ordinary. When a so-called expert tells them the object must have been the moon or a mirage, he is really teaching the public that science is impotent or unwilling to pursue the study of the unknown."
~ Jacques Vallee

My postings of some of Tonnies comments from a chapter from his book does not mean that I agree with his overall final tentative conclusions on the topic of the book itself. Just thought I would add that. I do appreciate his approach though in his analysis of various aspects of the UFO/ET phenomenon. His material offers a lot of food for thought.

Oh, there are plenty of unexplained phenomena - that's why I'm a Fortean. But I'm sure Jacques Vallee has no reasonable explanation for them either.

Bonehead,

..WHAT is communicating with us?..

And your proof that something (anything) is communicating with us is ?

If , as you imply, the Universe itself has an intelligence, then it must be the construct of something else that was outside of it at the time of it's making. Something that was 'some where else'.

And so it goes on. We are back to 'who was God's mother'.

INT21

Bonehead,

..Instead we find that it is orderly and that the structure and actions of that order are knowable. The rules of our material universe are a system...

And your explanation of the increase in the expansion rate of the universe, totally unsuspected by astronomers, is ?

Maybe throw in an answer to 'what is Dark Matter' while you are on with it.

INT21

Oh, there are plenty of unexplained phenomena - that's why I'm a Fortean. But I'm sure Jacques Vallee has no reasonable explanation for them either.

Please define 'reasonable'........especially when it comes to this area.
;)

BTW...the last dozen posts or so on this thread are tying into the thread under New Science that is arguing if the Universe is 'magical' (another term that needs defining if we are going to use it..), or if it's all just a mechanistic event of unknown origins.

Back