• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

gattino

Justified & Ancient
That at least is how the Front Page of the Daily Mirror summarised it. The story appears to have been in all the main tabloids, online at least and dominated the front of the Mirror....which is highly unusual for that paper, unless there's been a sudden change of policy. Paranormal themed items tend to only be taken seriously by the Mail, from which the link below is taken.

The story itself is not that unusual around these parts, but something about it obviously caught the imagination of the press today. Presumably the extraordinary length of time she was "dead".

"A bingo worker who had no pulse for almost an hour after suffering a massive heart attack says her late husband visited her and said 'it's not your time'.

Sonia Burton was 'dead' for 56 minutes following her heart attack at the bingo hall in Ashington, Northumberland, but paramedics refused to give up on her.

The mum-of-four said: 'The only thing I remember is my late husband coming to me and saying "it's not your time, Sonia, go back to the children". Then I woke up in hospital.' "
(................................................................)
"
It was while they were trying to save her that Sonia said she got a message from late husband John, who died in 2004 following a heart attack aged just 37.

'I spoke to him and he told me that it was not my time and I should go back,' she said. 'To be honest, it felt very comforting.'"
(..................................................)
"Paramedic Stephen, 43, said: 'Jason and I have over 50 years' experience between us and neither of us have ever seen somebody come back after that length of time."

Quotes from the mail. The mirror had the addtional details.. "The last thing I remember is him kissing me hard on the lips. I still felt it when I regained consciousness. My family were by my bed in intensive care and the first thing I said to them was "I have just seen John". I had a conversation with him. It was like he was in front of me. He was in the light but wearing a dark coat. I feel like I was almost in heaven when I saw him and I came back to life."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...saved-late-husband-visited-said-not-time.html

That's the kind of story when reported by a newspaper that can be called "a matter of public record". Great story, but my odd thought was that 37 is kind of young for someone to have a heart attack.

It might have been where the heart suddenly beats too fast.
That happened to my friend's daughter's husband when he was 33.

Back