• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

WTC Demolition Conspiracy

Was the WTC disaster an inside job?

• Yes

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
Jerry_B said:
We've gone over such things already - have people suddenly become allergic to reading old posts ;) ?

i wouldn't have said so. allergies aren't selective.

jimv1 said:
OK. Why were members of bin Laden's family flown out of the US in a no-fly zone?

They were'nt.

Three questions have arisen with respect to the departure of Saudi nationals from the United States in the immediate aftermath of 9/11:
(1) Did any flights of Saudi nationals take place before national airspace reopened on September 13, 2001?
(2) Was there any political intervention to facilitate the departure of Saudi nationals?
(3) Did the FBI screen Saudi nationals thoroughly before their departure?

First, we found no evidence that any flights of Saudi nationals, domestic or international, took place before the reopening of national airspace on the morning of September 13, 2001. To the contrary, every flight we have identified occurred after national airspace reopened.

Second, we found no evidence of political intervention. We found no evidence that anyone at the White House above the level of [National Security Council official] Richard Clarke participated in a decision on the departure of Saudi nationals ... The President and Vice President told us they were not aware of the issue at all until it surfaced much later in the media. None of the officials we interviewed recalled any intervention or direction on this matter from any political appointee.

Third, we believe that the FBI conducted a satisfactory screening of Saudi nationals who left the United State on charter flights. The Saudi government was advised of and agree to the FBI's requirements that passengers be identified and checked against various databases before the flights departed. The Federal Aviation Administration representative working in the FBI operations center made sure that the FBI was aware of the flights of Saudi nationals and was able to screen the passengers before they were allowed to depart.

The FBI interviewed all persons of interest on these flights prior to their departures. They concluded that none of the passengers was connected to the 9/11 attacks and have since found no evidence to change that conclusion. Our own independent review of the Saudi nationals involved confirms that no one with known links to terrorism departed on these flights.

From Snopes

Right, NEXT! :D

This point illustrates quite nicely the unquestioning acceptance by CTs of alternative facts that are laden with error, inconsistancy and myth. It took me less that 1 minute to find a source which summarised the facts involved in that particularly question.

Considering the protests of some, those searching for alternative truths lack of effort in investigating their suppositions is quite incredible.

monster_magnet said:
jimv1 said:
OK. Why were members of bin Laden's family flown out of the US in a no-fly zone?

They were'nt.

From Snopes

Right, NEXT! :D

This point illustrates quite nicely the unquestioning acceptance by CTs of alternative facts that are laden with error, inconsistancy and myth. It took me less that 1 minute to find a source which summarised the facts involved in that particularly question.

Considering the protests of some, those searching for alternative truths lack of effort in investigating their suppositions is quite incredible.
Some still insist on disagreeing and even have the temerity to provide contrary evidence, though:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/books-films/f911reader/index.php?id=17

Factual Back-Up for Fahrenheit 9/11: Section Two

THE FOLLOWING IS THE LINE BY LINE FACTUAL BACKUP FOR 'FAHRENHEIT 9/11'

Section Two covers the facts in Fahrenheit 9/11 from Bush's failure to meet with Richard Clarke, to the August 6th memo, and ends with the Saudi flights out of the US after 9/11.

FAHRENHEIT 9/11: “In the days following September 11th , all commercial and private airline traffic was grounded.”

* “On the morning of September 11th, there were 4,873 instrument flight rule (IFR) flights operating in U.S. airspace. As soon as Secretary Mineta was aware of the nature and scale of the terrorist attack on New York and Washington -- that we were faced with, not one, but four possible hijackings, and several other rumors of missing or unidentified aircraft -- the Secretary ordered the air traffic system shut down for all civil operations. Jane F. Garvey on Aviation Security Following the Terrorist Attack on September 11th, September 21, 2001; http://www.faa.gov/newsroom/testimony/
2001/testimony_010921.htm; see also, “Airports to Remain Closed, Mineta Says,” Department of Transportation Press Release, September 12, 2001

FAHRENHEIT 9/11: “The White House approved planes to pick up the bin Ladens and numerous other Saudis.”

* Fearing reprisals against Saudi nationals, the Saudi government asked for help in getting some of its citizens out of the country. National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, Threats and Responses in 2001, Staff Statement No. 10, The Saudi Flights, p. 12; http://www.9-11commission.gov/hearings/
hearing10/staff_statement_10.pdf

* “Now, what I recall is that I asked for flight manifests of everyone on board and all of those names need to be directly and individually vetted by the FBI before they were allowed to leave the country. And I also wanted the FBI to sign off even on the concept of Saudis being allowed to leave the country. And as I recall, all of that was done. It is true that members of the Bin Laden family were among those who left. We knew that at the time. I can't say much more in open session, but it was a conscious decision with complete review at the highest levels of the State Department and the FBI and the White House.” Testimony of Richard Clarke, Former Counterterrorism Chief, National Security Council, before The Senate Judiciary Committee, September 3, 2003.

* “I was making or coordinating a lot of decisions on 9/11 and the days immediately after. And I would love to be able to tell you who did it, who brought this proposal to me, but I don't know. Since you pressed me, the two possibilities that are most likely are either the Department of State, or the White House Chief of Staff's Office. But I don't know.” Testimony of Richard A. Clarke before the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, March 24, 2004.

FAHRENHEIT 9/11: “At least six private jets and nearly two dozen commercial planes carried the Saudis and the bin Ladens out of the U.S. after September 13th. In all, 142 Saudis, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, were allowed to leave the country.”

NOTE: It should be noted that even though the film does not make the allegation, strong evidence has recently come to light that at least one private plane flew to pick up Saudi nationals while private flights were still grounded. Moreover, for nearly three years, the White House has denied that this flight existed. This was reported in the June 9, 2004 St. Petersburg Times article cited below.

* After the airspace reopened, six chartered flights with 142 people,mostly Saudi Arabian nationals, departed from the United States between September 14 and 24. One flight, the so-called Bin Ladin flight, departed the United States on September 20 with 26 passengers, most of them relatives of Usama Bin Ladin. National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, Threats and Responses in 2001, Staff Statement No. 10, The Saudi Flights, p. 12; http://www.9-11commission.gov/hearings/
hearing10/staff_statement_10.pdf

* It should be noted that the US Customs and Border Protection document released by the Department of Homeland Security under the FOIA, Feb 24, 2004 lists 162 Saudi Nationals who flew out of the country between 9/11/2001 and 9/15/2001, departing from New York’s Kennedy airport, Washington’s Dulles, and Dallas Fort Worth. http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/
2004/homelandsecurity.pdf.

* For an official list of Saudi Passport holders (names redacted) who flew out of the country between 9.11.2001 – 9.15.2001, see US Customs and Border Protection document released by the Department of Homeland Security under the FOIA, Feb 24, 2004; http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/
2004/homelandsecurity.pdf.

* TheSt. Petersburg Times reported on Jun 9, 2004:

o "Two days after the Sept. 11 attacks, with most of the nation's air traffic still grounded, a small jet landed at Tampa International Airport, picked up three young Saudi men and left. The men, one of them thought to be a member of the Saudi royal family, were accompanied by a former FBI agent and a former Tampa police officer on the flight to Lexington, Ky. The Saudis then took another flight out of the country.”

o Moreover: “For nearly three years, White House, aviation and law enforcement officials have insisted the flight never took place and have denied published reports and widespread Internet speculation about its purpose… The terrorism panel, better known as the 9/11 Commission, said in April that it knew of six chartered flights with 142 people aboard, mostly Saudis, that left the United States between Sept. 14 and 24, 2001. But it has said nothing about the Tampa flight… The 9/11 Commission, which has said the flights out of the United States were handled appropriately by the FBI, appears concerned with the handling of the Tampa flight.

o "Most of the aircraft allowed to fly in U.S. airspace on Sept. 13 were empty airliners being ferried from the airports where they made quick landings on Sept. 11. The reopening of the airspace included paid charter flights, but not private, nonrevenue flights.” Jean Heller, “TIA now verifies flight of Saudis; The government has long denied that two days after the 9/11 attacks, the three were allowed to fly.” St. Petersburg Times, June 9, 2004

What he said :D

The question was about flights during the 'No Fly' time around 911. There were none according to your evidence and mine.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
How many coincidental relationships and connections does it take to change a lightbulb?

I don't know - but I do know that to infer something without any proof is basically guessing rather than knowing ;) You'd have to show that what's going on isn't anything but possible nepotism. It's all very well trying to join various conspiratorial dots, but if it's all based on assumptions and inference all you're doing is engaging in flights of fancy. It's the ol' 2+2=5 equation being wheeled out again.

Strangely, far too many of the old posts usually boil down to, "But, we've gone over all this already... "

A sure sign that the conspiratorial arguments still haven't come up with anything new, hence the rehashing of the same themes, questions, answers, etc..

Whoa, stop right there!

I just read the full Snopes account and erm have to ask since when is snopes infallably right?
Do they have some sort of official credentials or something?
Apart from that, the article was released by the 9/11 comission who "couldn't find" any evidence. Of course they couldn't [or shall we say wouldn't]. I didn't expect any other statement from them really.

As to CTs being gullible and believing anything...Don't throw stones if you are siting in a glass house. Snopes and the 9/11 comitte are two sources seemingly quoted and taken at face value by all non-CT's [Quote: "Right NEXT :D ".
Can we believe in Snopes and this dodgy comitte with our lives?
Are they being checked by independed sources?

If you work with pharmaceuticals for example, every statement/ data is checked many times by independent sources, the checking is so rigorous that if there was a discrepancy you can trace it back right to the start. On top of that we have various accredited agencies [ which themselves are audited by other agencies] and customers themselves who come for audits. So there are many varying interests intermingled. So why do we have to rely on Snopes or any governmental comittees without independent checks?
Sorry, not convinced!
:roll:

monster_magnet said:

The question was about flights during the 'No Fly' time around 911. There were none according to your evidence and mine.

sorry, monster, i removed my statement* in order to double check my facts, unfashionable though it is. ;)

*it had originally been a question about where the bin laden family is mentioned in the above article.

Dingo667 said:
Whoa, stop right there!

I just read the full Snopes account and erm have to ask since when is snopes infallably right?
Do they have some sort of official credentials or something?
Apart from that, the article was released by the 9/11 comission who "couldn't find" any evidence. Of course they couldn't [or shall we say wouldn't]. I didn't expect any other statement from them really.

As to CTs being gullible and believing anything...Don't throw stones if you are siting in a glass house. Snopes and the 9/11 comitte are two sources seemingly quoted and taken at face value by all non-CT's [Quote: "Right NEXT :D ".

If you work with pharmaceuticals for example, every statement/ data is checked many times by independent sources, the checking is so rigorous that if there was a discrepancy you can trace it back right to the start. On top of that we have various accredited agencies [ which themselves are audited by other agencies] and customers themselves who come for audits. So there are many varying interests intermingled. So why do we have to rely on Snopes or any governmental comittees without independent checks?
Sorry, not convinced!
:roll:

Do you have any evidence that runs contrary to the Snopes/911 commission information?

So why do we have to rely on Snopes or any governmental comittees without independent checks?

You don't. But please share the other sources of information that you've tapped into, I genuinely would be very interested.

Dingo667 said:

Are you as rigourous in your analysis when it comes to verifying what CT websites say?

And please explain how and why the committee is 'dodgy'.

monster_magnet said:

NOTE: It should be noted that even though the film does not make the allegation, strong evidence has recently come to light that at least one private plane flew to pick up Saudi nationals while private flights were still grounded. Moreover, for nearly three years, the White House has denied that this flight existed. This was reported in the June 9, 2004 St. Petersburg Times article cited below.

o "Two days after the Sept. 11 attacks, with most of the nation's air traffic still grounded, a small jet landed at Tampa International Airport, picked up three young Saudi men and left. The men, one of them thought to be a member of the Saudi royal family, were accompanied by a former FBI agent and a former Tampa police officer on the flight to Lexington, Ky. The Saudis then took another flight out of the country.”

o Moreover: “For nearly three years, White House, aviation and law enforcement officials have insisted the flight never took place and have denied published reports and widespread Internet speculation about its purpose… The terrorism panel, better known as the 9/11 Commission, said in April that it knew of six chartered flights with 142 people aboard, mostly Saudis, that left the United States between Sept. 14 and 24, 2001. But it has said nothing about the Tampa flight… The 9/11 Commission, which has said the flights out of the United States were handled appropriately by the FBI, appears concerned with the handling of the Tampa flight.

o "Most of the aircraft allowed to fly in U.S. airspace on Sept. 13 were empty airliners being ferried from the airports where they made quick landings on Sept. 11. The reopening of the airspace included paid charter flights, but not private, nonrevenue flights.” Jean Heller, “TIA now verifies flight of Saudis; The government has long denied that two days after the 9/11 attacks, the three were allowed to fly.” St. Petersburg Times, June 9, 2004

Original article from St Petersburg Times June 9th 2004:

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/06/09/Tampabay/TIA_now_verifies_flig.shtml

Jerry_B said:
Dingo667 said:

Are you as rigourous in your analysis when it comes to verifying what CT websites say?

And please explain how and why the committee is 'dodgy'.

Of course I'm not. I'll confess, but I feel that we are getting somewhere here if the non-CT's would at least try and see it from the other point of view. Most CT's aren't silver foil wearing loners, there are a good many "normal" [and credible] people out there that have their doubts, so I find it a little patronising to always portrait the CT view as laughably crazy whilst the "ordinary" view is sophisticated and serious.

Maybe using "dodgy" was a bad choice, I wanted to use a word that incorporates the view that just because they are from the gov. dosn't mean they automatically telling the truth. As a matter of fact I would expect the exact opposite unless verified by at least three other independent sources.

Dingo667 said:

Maybe using "dodgy" was a bad choice, I wanted to use a word that incorporates the view that just because they are from the gov. dosn't mean they automatically telling the truth. As a matter of fact I would expect the exact opposite unless verified by at least three other independent sources.
The possibility that Committees of Inquiry, set up by Governments to investigate events in which those very same Governments might have been involved, might be "dodgy"?

Gosh! I'd never considered that! :roll:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
monster_magnet said:

Original article from St Petersburg Times June 9th 2004:

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/06/09/Tampabay/TIA_now_verifies_flig.shtml

still no mention of the bin ladens.

ted_bloody_maul said:

still no mention of the bin ladens.
Some of the early post-9/11 spin:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/09/30/archive/main313048.shtml

Bin Laden Family Evacuated
Sept. 30, 2001

(CBS) Two dozen members of Osama bin Laden's family were urgently evacuated from the United States in the first days following the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, according to the Saudi ambassador to Washington.

One of bin Laden's brothers frantically called the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Washington looking for protection, Prince Bandar bin Sultan told The New York Times. The brother was sent to a room in the Watergate Hotel and was told not to open the door.

Most of bin Laden's relatives were attending high school and college. The young members of the bin Laden family were driven or flown under FBI supervision to a secret place in Texas and then to Washington, The Times reported Sunday.

Many were terrified, fearing they would be lynched after hearing reports of violence against Muslims and Arab-Americans.

They left the country on a private charter plane when airports reopened three days after the attacks.

King Fahd, the ailing Saudi ruler, sent an urgent message to his embassy in Washington pointing out that there were "bin Laden children all over America" and ordered, "Take measures to protect the innocents," the ambassador said.

It's a tragedy," Prince Bandar told the Times. "The elders" of the students "came to see me, and one of them was a bright boy from Harvard who like the others had absolutely nothing to do with this and yet we had to tell him to go home and wait until the emotions calmed down. And he told me that he never really appreciated why the Japanese wanted a memorial or an apology for their treatment in World War II.

The student added, according to the prince, "I understand now that when you are innocent, in the face of emotion, nothing, not even common sense, can help argue your case."

Osama bin Laden is one of more than 50 children of a Yemeni-born migrant who made a vast fortune building roads and palaces in Saudi Arabia and his extended family spans the globe. Many have been educated in the United States and the family has donated millions of dollars to several American universities.

Bin Laden is estranged from his family and from Saudi Arabia, which revoked his citizenship in the early 1990s after he was caught smuggling weapons from Yemen.

© MMI, CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
If you listen hard, you can almost hear 'hearts and Flowers' being played on violins.

Dingo667 said:
Of course I'm not. I'll confess, but I feel that we are getting somewhere here if the non-CT's would at least try and see it from the other point of view. Most CT's aren't silver foil wearing loners, there are a good many "normal" [and credible] people out there that have their doubts, so I find it a little patronising to always portrait the CT view as laughably crazy whilst the "ordinary" view is sophisticated and serious.

I don't see the polarisation you are refering to, the only difference between our viewpoints is when the official version fits the facts it's the most likely explanation. It's not automatically dodgy, but by that token it or any other source of information shouldn't be taken at face value.

The point is, nothing I have read from any other source than the official one fits the facts better......

Pietro_Mercurios said:
The possibility that Committees of Inquiry, set up by Governments to investigate events in which those very same Governments might have been involved, might be "dodgy"?

But unless you can prove that they're dodgy, questions about it are just so much hot air.

Jerry_B said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:

But unless you can prove that they're dodgy, questions about it are just so much hot air.
Not in text, they're not. ;)

So, even if they are dodgy, we're not allowed to question their findings, unless we have better proof and better resources than they possess? We just have to act gullible, even though, deep down we suspect that we're being conned?

Dingo667 said:

As far as I can tell, those here that question the conspiracy theories don't see the theorists in such a way. I don't, at least.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
So, even if they are dodgy, we're not allowed to question their findings, unless we have better proof and better resources than they possess? We just have to act gullible, even though, deep down we suspect that we're being conned?

No, I haven't said anywhere that no-one should question anything. But if you work from the initial assumption that they are dodgy, you're pretty much narrowing your outlook from the get-go. You also seem to be suggesting that anyone who doesn't question the committee is therefore 'gullible', 'being conned', etc.?

It's all well and good questioning things, but such questioning has to be qualified in some way - otherwise it's just opinion rather than an actual exposing of any possible failings, 'dodgyness', etc. by the committee.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Some of the early post-9/11 spin:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/09/30/archive/main313048.shtml

Bin Laden Family Evacuated
Sept. 30, 2001

(CBS) Two dozen members of Osama bin Laden's family were urgently evacuated from the United States in the first days following the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, according to the Saudi ambassador to Washington.

One of bin Laden's brothers frantically called the Saudi Arabian Embassy in Washington looking for protection, Prince Bandar bin Sultan told The New York Times. The brother was sent to a room in the Watergate Hotel and was told not to open the door.

Most of bin Laden's relatives were attending high school and college. The young members of the bin Laden family were driven or flown under FBI supervision to a secret place in Texas and then to Washington, The Times reported Sunday.

Many were terrified, fearing they would be lynched after hearing reports of violence against Muslims and Arab-Americans.

They left the country on a private charter plane when airports reopened three days after the attacks.

King Fahd, the ailing Saudi ruler, sent an urgent message to his embassy in Washington pointing out that there were "bin Laden children all over America" and ordered, "Take measures to protect the innocents," the ambassador said.

It's a tragedy," Prince Bandar told the Times. "The elders" of the students "came to see me, and one of them was a bright boy from Harvard who like the others had absolutely nothing to do with this and yet we had to tell him to go home and wait until the emotions calmed down. And he told me that he never really appreciated why the Japanese wanted a memorial or an apology for their treatment in World War II.

The student added, according to the prince, "I understand now that when you are innocent, in the face of emotion, nothing, not even common sense, can help argue your case."

Osama bin Laden is one of more than 50 children of a Yemeni-born migrant who made a vast fortune building roads and palaces in Saudi Arabia and his extended family spans the globe. Many have been educated in the United States and the family has donated millions of dollars to several American universities.

Bin Laden is estranged from his family and from Saudi Arabia, which revoked his citizenship in the early 1990s after he was caught smuggling weapons from Yemen.

© MMI, CBS Worldwide Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
If you listen hard, you can almost hear 'hearts and Flowers' being played on violins.

so you're confirming that they weren't evacuated during the no-fly zone?

i can't hear the violin for the sound of "i'm a believer".

Pietro_Mercurios said:

It's not a matter of better proof, as far as i can see there is no proof.

Questioning findings is one thing but the suspiscion that leads to the questioning is another and that suspiscion borders on the paranoid.

The evidence gathered by the 911 commission comes from thousands of sources. Some independant, some governmental, some from members of the public, some from emergency services etc etc and i believe is as comprehensive and accurate as it possibly could be given the resources and time that the comission had.

It's conclusions should and have been questioned to the nth degree but the fact is that ALL the evidence is there to look at and make your own conclusions. If those conclusions differ from the comissions then lets hear them but my guess is that without further evidence they would be the same.

monster_magnet said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:

It's not a matter of better proof, as far as i can see there is no proof.

Blinkers.jpg

'Ere Monster I think he's suggesting you're a neigh sayer.... ;)

I'd best hoof it, yes that is my coat....

Heckler20 said:
'Ere Monster I think he's suggesting you're a neigh sayer.... ;) I'd best hoof it, yes that is my coat....

Woah there!

I think he's suggesting i'm some kind of thoroughbred stallion - could the ladeez form an orderly queue ;) ;) ;)

*Gets coat*

Pietro

Maybe i've missed something. If your suggesting you or someone else has posted this One Example could you show me where, because todays question suggested something that didn't happen. Ta.

Back