• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I've got a spare teaspoon you can have. I found it in my washing machine.
Funny you should say that. Last week my washing machine was going clonk clonk clonk, slightly puzzling.
When I unloaded it a tablespoon fell out first. I'm assuming it fell off the side and was scooped up with the towels in the washing basket.

Funny you should say that. Last week my washing machine was going clonk clonk clonk, slightly puzzling.
When I unloaded it a tablespoon fell out first. I'm assuming it fell off the side and was scooped up with the towels in the washing basket.
The same happened to me about a month ago. My washing was also going clonk clonk clonk and I assumed it was probably a pound coin or something like that but it turned out to be a teaspoon which was odd as I've only got one teaspoon and it was in it's solitary place in the drawer. I couldn't work out where it had come from. Now I've got two teaspoons. Maybe another one will turn up soon.

The same happened to me about a month ago. My washing was also going clonk clonk clonk and I assumed it was probably a pound coin or something like that but it turned out to be a teaspoon which was odd as I've only got one teaspoon and it was in it's solitary place in the drawer. I couldn't work out where it had come from. Now I've got two teaspoons. Maybe another one will turn up soon.
It's probably one of ours :meh: Teaspoons are clearly natural translocators.

It's probably one of ours :meh: Teaspoons are clearly natural translocators.
Okay, okay. I understand the occasional slip up but really, please, keep control of your teaspoons. They need discipline and training from very young. Your excuse of translocators is not acceptable. They are deciding for themselves where they go. I have no words for your failure to be in control. Sorry if that sounds rude. You obviously no nothing about the secret life of teaspoons.

Last edited:
which was odd as I've only got one teaspoon
This statement would normally have struck me as being odd, but no longer: because my baseline has been recalibrated.

Yesterday I was in a company canteen facility with a seated capacity of c50 people. The absolute maximum number of teaspoons available? Yes: one more than none, & one less than a pair.

There must have been some stirring change in legislation, or an unexpected side-effect of climate change. Perhaps they've all been gathered-in (like WW2 metal fences, commandeered from public areas) and melted-down to act as a proxy for bullion reserves.

Or maybe the scoop is: a cutlery-specific rapture has taken place, and they've all been taken up from their drawers into heaven.

This statement would normally have struck me as being odd, but no longer: because my baseline has been recalibrated.

Yesterday I was in a company canteen facility with a seated capacity of c50 people. The absolute maximum number of teaspoons available? Yes: one more than none, & one less than a pair.

There must have been some stirring change in legislation, or an unexpected side-effect of climate change. Perhaps they've all been gathered-in (like WW2 metal fences, commandeered from public areas) and melted-down to act as a proxy for bullion reserves.

Or maybe the scoop is: a cutlery-specific rapture has taken place, and they've all been taken up from their drawers into heaven.
Did you check the washing machines?

Cheers Charmer.

I don't know why I keep on getting rejected. At the end of each show they always advertise for contestants "come and 'ave a go if you think you are cleverer enough" Brad Walsh finishes the show with, but I'm always getting the elbow.

Gawd knows mate
If you do ever get on Dick, I hope you do better than the idiot contstant on a quiz show last night.
(MrsF told me about it)

Q Who was the drummer for Led Zeppelin?

a) Keith Moon,
b) Charlie Watts,
c) Lars Ulrich
d) John Bonham

Guy says that John Bonham is from Bon Jovi and then goes for Charlie Watts as his answer.

It is forks in our house, I have lost all the forks from two sets of cutlery. In the end I bought some random ones from a charity shop and they have behaved themselves
Forks for me as well. I found one in my flower garden this summer. Dug it up and subsequently lost it. I don't even remember if it made it into my house again or just blipped out.

One of my jobs at my last place of work was to gather up any ramakins of marmalade that hadn't been used by the customers and then decant them back into a large tub (the chefs makes the marmalade and it's time consuming for him). I'd used a tea spoon that I'd leave on the lid for convenience to do this but anytime my back was turned, the spoon would have disappeared.

I assumed it was a particular waitress being either over efficient or pranking me but it also happened when she wasn't on duty. Me and the chef never got to the bottom of 'teaspoon-gate', he had clear sight of that area all the time as well. The place is known for being haunted though. Our very own DrPaulLee's currently in the process of hopefully chatting with the staff there.

I was fetching a new teaspoon out to keep going about three times every morning but luckily they've got a tub full of the little buggers.

Most of my knives of one type seem to be missing, even though I've done a thorough search of the kitchen.
Odd, as there's only me here.
Just nick some from your local Morrisons café. When me and the Mrs went through our recent separation, most of the cutlery that I took out of hers was mine and she was a bit down that she had next to no forks now ... so I pinched some forks from their café. I know that's immoral but they worked me into the ground and she didn't so I feel a bit justified.

Forks for me as well. I found one in my flower garden this summer. Dug it up and subsequently lost it. I don't even remember if it made it into my house again or just blipped out.

Clearly there is some sort of significance attached to forks, or perhaps we are just both a bit absent minded around them.

Just nick some from your local Morrisons café. When me and the Mrs went through our recent separation, most of the cutlery that I took out of hers was mine and she was a bit down that she had next to no forks now ... so I pinched some forks from their café. I know that's immoral but they worked me into the ground and she didn't so I feel a bit justified.
Tsk! [waggles admonishing finger]

Everytime I have a large knife that is sharp and really useful it disappears.
Oh er ... be afraid very afraid. Where are they? Who has them? Teaspoons are pretty harmless but large sharp knives are scary beasts!
Little sharp knives can disappear into the compost bin and will resurface sooner or later having done little harm in their absence but big uns? mmmm

Odd couple of linked music coincidences recently. I am a big music fan (old school!, no rap :hahazebs::hahazebs:) and we are lucky enough to live 100 yards away from a small music venue which we go to when they have bands on every couple of weeks. A couple of weeks ago one of my musical heroes, Billy Bragg, posted a memory on his FB page of his early touring days supporting The Icicle Works. It just so happened that I had tickets to see Ian McNabb (co founder of said band) at our venue two days later. Then yesterday on another fan site for another of my fav bands, Squeeze (Cool For Cats, Up The Junction, etc) someone posted a picture of a ticket from a very very early Squeeze gig in 1975 when they were supporting Edgar Broughton. Guess who I am going to see on Friday at our venue? Yep, Edgar Broughton, supporting Focus.
Small coincidences but they made me smile.

Back