• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

White Feathers

:shock:

The AIBs (Angels In Black) have struck.

Julian Lennon thought his dad communicated with him from beyond with a white feather. John and white birds seem to be a bit of a theme actually as I think the remaining beatles were also visited by a white peacock that they all thought was John.

Our favourite Guinea pig (Doris Pudding t'was her name-o) died a couple of weeks ago and in the week leading up to her death I found a small white feather in her bed "pod" most days. Presumably they had been mixed in with the fresh hay I put in there. The strange thing is, we have quite a menagerie of "small furries" and I have never noticed feathers in the hay before or since........
Angels?? (or did a pigeon die a horrible death in the baling machine??) :(

:sbump:

I thought we had a couple of threads on angels and feathers but can only find this one.

:sbump:

I thought we had a couple of threads on angels and feathers but can only find this one.
Thank you for bumping this. I keep finding white feathers. Sometimes I keep them, others I leave. Maybe they're all coming from random feather pillows and parkas throughout the year...but they do seem to appear when I think of my parents. One appeared on the passenger side of my car as I was grabbing my bag from the seat. It was my first day back to work after being out for a week when my dad passed.

And the dimes...which is probably a whole other thread.

Thank you for bumping this. I keep finding white feathers. Sometimes I keep them, others I leave. Maybe they're all coming from random feather pillows and parkas throughout the year...but they do seem to appear when I think of my parents. One appeared on the passenger side of my car as I was grabbing my bag from the seat. It was my first day back to work after being out for a week when my dad passed.

And the dimes...which is probably a whole other thread.
We have a thread on money appearing too! :)

I bumped this thread because today I went to tend a couple of family graves and found a white feather on one. It was actually stuck to the flower holder.

Where I live there is a belief that feathers are signs from Beyond.
I picked up the feather and kept it. As I'm the only person bothering with the graves I'll accept a thank you! :)
Even from a dirty pigeon. :wink2:

I bumped this thread because today I went to tend a couple of family graves and found a white feather on one. It was actually stuck to the flower holder.

Where I live there is a belief that feathers are signs from Beyond.
I picked up the feather and kept it. As I'm the only person bothering with the graves I'll accept a thank you! :)
Even from a dirty pigeon. :wink2:
I love this so much. I honestly don't care where they're coming from either LOL! Whoever or whatever is behind this phenomenon seems to be attuned with my thoughts and moods.

I'm sure the DNA in these feathers would turn out to be just ordinary pigeon (or something same) I class angels in the same category has the tooth fairy.

At least tooth fairies leave dosh behind. What do you get from angels? A white feather. Can't spend that.
I think the feather is supposed to make you feel kinda all fuzzy inside, makes one feel special that an angel is throwing one a feather because of a bad hair day, thank god they are not wasting time trying to stop murders or war :p. Truth be told, said angel feather is most likely just a grubby pigeon getting rid of a feather.

"It's wrong to wish on space hardware"

I know there's nothing angelic out there, in the same way, I know that butterflies aren't the spirits of my deceased parents coming back to visit me. But there's no harm in seeing a feather and thinking of my dad or a butterfly and thinking of my mum. It just jogs the memory.
The problems come when people start thinking that the angels have messages for them and try to turn seeing a feather into something that is telling them something.

I know there's nothing angelic out there, in the same way, I know that butterflies aren't the spirits of my deceased parents coming back to visit me. But there's no harm in seeing a feather and thinking of my dad or a butterfly and thinking of my mum. It just jogs the memory.
The problems come when people start thinking that the angels have messages for them and try to turn seeing a feather into something that is telling them something.
Yup, it's something that goes deep. We have threads on 'Messages from Beyond', robins etc. Rationality needn't come into it.
It's one of the secrets that bereaved people share.

Well I don’t know about white feathers, but I can tell you I keep finding turquoise artificial leaves! They have turned up in various places in recent years. What’s that all about? Am I finding fig leaves discarded by lustful spirits of classical antiquity?
Here’s a couple I found recently, I decided to start keeping them.

Attachments

• 90BC9A3F-7707-4AB0-890C-6AA7784BE89E.jpeg
    90BC9A3F-7707-4AB0-890C-6AA7784BE89E.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 8
Well I don’t know about white feathers, but I can tell you I keep finding turquoise artificial leaves! They have turned up in various places in recent years. What’s that all about? Am I finding fig leaves discarded by lustful spirits of classical antiquity?
Here’s a couple I found recently, I decided to start keeping them.
Lustful spirits probably. Weird coloured artificial leaves seem to have become A Thing in upmarket garden centres though.

My mum passed away on June 26th (as stated on a previous thread). My wife and myself went out for a meal this Sunday afternoon at The Palatine in Morecambe.

The eating part is upstairs and we were sat by the window facing the prom. As we talked before our food came a white feather floated through the partially open window and onto the table.

It is about the third time this has happened since she passed. Even if there's nothing to it, I choose to take confort from it that she is happy.

Snapped this lovely natural white feather arrangement years ago when walking my dogs in t'woods.
They were just there on the path, no need to pose them.
As you can see, the ground was wet soil but the feathers were spotless.

This is DEFINTELY a message.jpg

That area is a bit weird.

The muddy natural paths were later replaced with nice foot-friendly tarmac. One March day when the surface had been scraped flat in preparation I lost a big green stone there from a ring. We looked and looked, no joy.

It took until the autumn for the council or whoever to finish the tarmacing during which time we walked the dogs there most days.
I always looked out for the stone and so did other dog walkers.

In the October, that's 7 months after the stone was lost, we were out there as usual and had reached the last stretch of bare ground that was due to be tarmaced when I spotted the stone just lying on the mud. It was as if it had been placed there for me, possibly a s joke, except only Techy and I knew when we'd be there.

Took it home and glued it firmly back into place!

Years ago, my husband was having lunch outdoors with a friend. During lunch, they noticed white feathers drifting down to their table. This was charming but odd. Then, more disconcertingly, blood drops also fell. They looked up to see a hawk eating a pigeon in a tree next to their table. The hawk was lunching directly above their table.

White feathers and symbolism: if someone is longing for a sign from the after life that a dead loved one is still in existence and still loving them, any symbol will suffice. I think that white feathers have become culturally (why? because they are around so much?) an established symbol of this in Western culture. I also wish to have a physical, tangible object as proof of my loved one's continuing existence and love. I have never received one.

...Also, in my neighborhood, a family of Harris hawks live and hunt. Regularly, they will catch a rabbit and eat it on a house's roof. Frequently, they do not consume everything, and the stench is remarkable for a few days.

Up on the Isle of Mull we went on one of these Nature trips, where a bloke in a landrover drives you about to places where you 'may' see wildlife. He was full of caution and 'we may or may not see anything...'

An osprey took a seagull right in front of us and ate it in a tree opposite where we were having coffee. An otter climbed out of the loch, sunbathed in front of my son, then wandered off. Red deer were positively queuing on the mountainside to be seen and we practically had to walk around the seals.

I always say if we'd wanted to see the Loch Ness Monster, it probably would have swum up the coast to make an appearance. It was an exceptionally good day - even as admitted by the bloke who did the tour!

Up on the Isle of Mull we went on one of these Nature trips, where a bloke in a landrover drives you about to places where you 'may' see wildlife. He was full of caution and 'we may or may not see anything...'

An osprey took a seagull right in front of us and ate it in a tree opposite where we were having coffee. An otter climbed out of the loch, sunbathed in front of my son, then wandered off. Red deer were positively queuing on the mountainside to be seen and we practically had to walk around the seals.

I always say if we'd wanted to see the Loch Ness Monster, it probably would have swum up the coast to make an appearance. It was an exceptionally good day - even as admitted by the bloke who did the tour!
The Landrover man has got the animals well trained.

The Landrover man has got the animals well trained.
That's what I assumed, that he just knew where to go to find them, but other people who'd done the same trip hadn't been as lucky!

I just went out to walk the dog and there are white feathers scattered everywhere on the verge. I'm assuming a pigeon has gone to meet its maker...

Back