• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Back in 2006 World Cup, my group and I had come back from Germany for a wedding. The wedding was lovely. The next night we went out to some club in London, I think it was China White. We were sitting at a table next too, Chantelle, The Ordinary Boys, Donny Tourrets, Peaches Geldoff and John Barrowman. Who had just been doing separate stuff at the BBC and had decided to go for a drink together. We got chatting to them. Soon we became one big group. The laughter soon turned to minor violence when Preston, I think that's his name, from Ordinary Boys saved his girl Chantelle from some lech of a guy, with a right hook. Donny then got the rest of us out of there. We legged it down the road and waited at a kebab shop for them. The fight spilled out into the road, as the bouncers pushed the brawling mass out side and left them to it. We then ran off again and ended up outside another kebab shop. We all ordered some food and walked down the road. I litteraly blinked, as is humanly normal, I then realised I was in a different road, but one I recognised. It was the road leading down from the train station in Brighton. I still had my kebab in my hand. I have no clue how we got to Brighton, neither did any one else. We went to my Uncle's Guana Bar which luckily was open late with a party. So we partied beyond dawn!
Can you remember if the kebab was still warm?

Wiki has a short page on Chinawhite club:

"Chinawhite is an exclusive nightclub in central London. The original club was located between Piccadilly Circus and Soho,[1] but the club closed in December 2008 due to the building being sold. It re-opened at a new location in London on 20 October 2009 at 4 Winsley Street, in Fitzrovia.
The original Chinawhite venue near Piccadilly Circus became a well known celebrity club; being attended by Premier League footballers, Page 3 girls, and young people in the entertainment industry.
..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinawhite_(nightclub)

Perhaps if Maria Olivia Shrieves checks this page out, it may bring back a few more details of a remarkale night out!
Or there may be inconsistencies, which could be even more interesting!

This is a really interesting case. The location of the night club may be significant -- there was a time slip once in nearby Regent Street, also a bizarre case, maybe a time or dimensional slip involving entities, in Piccadilly Circus station.

I hope it wasn't in the news. Yes I think it was that club. Our theory was that we were so drunk, we didn't remember the trip. We probably got the train. Maybe we fell asleep on it. Or had that rare thing of going blind with excessive drink. And the important answer to the important question. Yes the kebab was warm.

A lot of them went home the next day by train. I stayed for a party on my Uncle's friends yacht in Hove. I bought a blue Bikini and sarong for it, it was a sweltering week. The day after I got the itch, but not having my surf board, I bought a brand new one, wax, wet sute and rash top. £700 gone just like that, but it was worth it, I had a lovely surf session in the morning. Which made me forget a little of how I got there. I was then really bad, I bought a skate board for afternoon activities £200. Then ate at rebel burger I think it's called, Che Guevara on the burger wrapping. It's veegan, not usually my scene, but its surprisingly nice. Then hit the 2nd hand shops. The Bath Tub pub. And the comic stores. And some of the psychic cafes. Then left my surf stuff at my Uncle Rocky's house. Then took the train home. Or was it a flying saucer?

For me, this thread seems to have triggered an interesting coincidence.

This thread was reawoken late evening of Tue 22 Mar 2016 by MorningAngel.

Blessmycottonsocks commented the following morning, and in the next post Carl Grove posted the link to his final report on the Rougham vanishing house mystery:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bci69we0ji3avi/THE ROUGHAM MYSTERY.pdf?dl=0

(So this was Wed 23 Mar 2016.)
I started reading Carl's report then, and still have not completed it. But I did notice this in his report. In discussing a variety of theories and 'energies' he wrote:

So Reddish -- who had done no reading at all on dowsing before commencing his
studies -- had dramatically confirmed Underwood's findings. Firstly, he confirmed that
what the dowser was detecting was the result of something (in this case, a straight edge)
affecting the earth's natural energy. Secondly, he confirmed that earth energy comes in a
wave like form. Thirdly, he could now explain, in principle anyway, the multiple parallel
lines detected by Underwood. Presumably the extremely complicated patterns result from
interference along a deep fault line, which would create many straight edges, two for each of
the geological strata.

If Reddish expected thanks from the dowsing community for having found solid
evidence for their art, he was to be disappointed.The response was muted, to say the least.
Some were shocked by his discussion of possibly automating the detection process. Others
failed to notice that he had found evidence that the turning of the rods was not due to un-
conscious movements, but might reflect a real physical attraction between them.

When I tried searching the internet for Reddish and dowsing, I found something very
surprising. An article by science writer John Gribbin revealed that after the publication of
his book, Reddish was approached by the Ministry of Defence and requested to continue his
research. He was told about certain Russian research that appeared to link dowsing -- or
biolocation, as it was known in the USSR -- with certain highly controversial theories about
the nature of torsion fields.

These fields have been accepted in the physics community ever
since Einstein co-authored an important paper about them in the 1920s, but work on them
actually began with N. P. Myshkin at the end of the 19th Century, and Tesla ca. 1900. And
research has continued in Russia from the 1940s to the present day. There is also evidence,
that we will shortly examine, that German researchinto these fields was taking place ear the end of WWII.
Only one UK energy dowser has incorporated torsion field theory into his work.

According to Gribbin, apparently based upon information directly from Reddish, the
MoD were interested in using torsion waves for submarine communications.

Torsion fields are formed whenever objects rotate,and the larger the objects and the
faster the rotation, the more powerful the field.

Many antigravitational devices are based upon spinning discs; it has been known for some time that gyroscopes lose a slight amount of weight when rotating (Professor Laithwaite famously demonstrated this at a Royal Institution lecture by picking up a heavy gyroscope that he could not normally lift, and also got a small boy from the audience to do the same with a smaller device. The Royal Institution were not amused, and refused to publish his lecture, although it is still available online.)

At last I reach the coincidence I mentioned earlier! Anyone else spotted it yet?
Last Wednesday BBC1 showed a new Horizon:

Project Greenglow - The Quest for Gravity Control

This is the story of an extraordinary scientific adventure - the attempt to control gravity. For centuries, the precise workings of gravity have confounded the greatest scientific minds - from Newton to Faraday and Einstein - and the idea of controlling gravity has been seen as little more than a fanciful dream. Yet in the mid 1990s, UK defence manufacturer BAE Systems began a ground-breaking project code-named Greenglow, which set about turning science fiction into reality. On the other side of the Atlantic, Nasa was simultaneously running its own Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project. It was concerned with potential space applications of new physics, including concepts like 'faster-than-light travel' and 'warp drives'.

Looking into the past and projecting into the future, Horizon explores science's long-standing obsession with the idea of gravity control. It looks at recent breakthroughs in the search for loopholes in conventional physics and examines how the groundwork carried out by Project Greenglow has helped change our understanding of the universe. Gravity control may sound like science fiction, but the research that began with Project Greenglow is very much ongoing, and the dream of flying cars and journeys to the stars no longer seems quite so distant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...oject-greenglow-the-quest-for-gravity-control

The coincidence is that this showed footage of the Royal Institution gyroscope demonstration! Now I have heard of this before, but much of the subject matter covered by this Horizon tended to be verging on 'fringe' science, so much of it has been largely ignored since. So it was quite a bold topic to cover, and the coincidence is that it was broadcast on the same day this thread woke up again, bringing Carl Grove's thoughts to my attention!

Make of this what you will. For me, I need to look into the physics of torsion fields...
I have seen project green glow in a documentary very interesting.

As I have mentioned many times, and been insulted for, some phenomena may be caused by episodes of minor epilepsy. 'Timeslips' and hallucinations (both seen and heard) could be attributed to this. We may have a thread on it.

A person needn't be having major seizures all over the place. In fact, they may not even notice whats going on themselves. For example, a moment's blankness might be a petit mal seizure which could come across as someone thinking hard about what they're going to say next!

One of my favourite TLE stories was in a letter to the FT some years ago, where a chap was driving along and suddenly found himself travelling along the inside of a huge sphere, as if the world had turned inside-out.

It felt natural if a little bizarre. A few months later, he went on, the mystery was solved when he was diagnosed with epilepsy.

Cool story but I'm guessing that underpass wasn't built at the time they think the kids date from

The response, "You have a good evening, Sir!" sounds all too like the rejoinders street-pests use today.

I am also dubious of the writer's grasp of the period. "Florin," for the 2/- piece does sound antique but it was familiar to me at the date cited, along with the more commonly-used "half-crown" for the 2/6d coin. If he wanted to cite an obsolete coin, the crown - a weighty 5/- piece - had been discontinued in the early 1950s. :)

http://paranormal.about.com/od/timeanddimensiontravel/a/tales_09_05_15t.htm

Cool story but I'm guessing that underpass wasn't built at the time they think the kids date from.
A bit weird, that one, and I don't know what to make of it. I would agree that the young girl's manner was odd, but that doesn't have to suggest a time-slip. And yes, to suggest than in 1969, there was no way a child could know what a florin was, is quite wrong. Even post 1971, when the UK had gone decimal, folk would still sometimes refer to 2 shilling coins (used as 10p) as a florin, and as a child, this was a word I knew.

I don't remember the word 'florin' ever being used for those coins. It was either '2 shillings' or, later, '10p'.

I heard the word from my parents (or possibly their parents) and it stuck with me. Being the sort of child I was, I would've probably wanted to tell my friends what a "florin" was. I'll freely admit, though, that it wasn't a word that popped up in everyday conversation!

Decimalisation was a gradual thing and began with the issue of five and ten pence coins in April 1968.

This was the easy bit, as these were new designs of the same weight and size as the existing shilling and florin, as DavidPlankton says.

We have since got used to their lighter replacements, introduced in 1990 & 1992. This page from the Royal Mint actually refers to the Florin!

Ah the nostalgia of seeing a ten-bob note! :clap:

I had a somewhat similar experience myself, back in the 80s, on a London tube train (I think on the Circle line). After I got on I noticed a boy of about 10-12 dressed in Victorian costume. He was trying to stop people getting on that carriage at every stop -- some looked shocked and backed away, most ignored him and got on. My guess was that he was a young student at drama school somewhere, out on some kind of improvised acting assignment. I gave him a quizzical look as I went past him to get off and he returned a blank stare. Maybe someone familiar with the activities at drama school could tell us if my hypothesis is reasonable?

I used to go up to London on my own and ride on the underground at the same age, ca. 1960. Not recommended today!

Maybe -- I didn't think of looking around. I wonder if it might have been some kind of candid camera stunt? It's a puzzle, but nothing other worldly I think.

In the 1970's a Kansas Highway Department worker told of sighting an immense herd of bison, and some of what seemed to be Plains Indians on horseback that seemed to watching the animals while he was working. As I recall, this was in the western part of the state.

The bison was last seen in those kinds of numbers about 100 years earlier.

Were they a herd prancing majestically in the middle distance? ;)
Perhaps.

Cornish writer Colin Wilson went into this phenomenon quite a bit in some of his books.
And for what it's worth, I have theorized on other similar websites that this could be the reason for many of the cryptid sightings. Please let me explain what my thinking is, if I may.

Sightings of cryptids tend, I notice, to be in clusters in a limited geographic area and usually a very definite time-frame. Several years ago, there were a series of sightings of Bigfoot/Sasquatch-like creatures near where I live, in northern Oklahoma. There was a few of them reported, and I suspect that many sightings were not reported, mostly for fear of ridicule. Among those who told what they saw was my cousin. A railroad crew saw something and there was another report from a town about fifteen miles away.

Then the sightings stopped as suddenly as they started.

About 150-200 miles to my north, there is the tiny farming town of Delphos, Kansas. In the early 1970's, there were a series of sightings of what became known as the 'Wolf-Woman'. There was a number of sightings all in a very small geographic area, with some very credible witnesses. Again, the sightings stopped as suddenly as they started.

A few weeks later, there were a number of sightings of a strange creature, this time in a small town in southern Illinois. The town's name escapes me at the moment. Once more, they ceased as suddenly as they started.

And if I am not mistaken the pterodactyl sightings along the Rio Grande separating Texas from Mexico, also occur in clusters.

Admittedly, this is speculation on my part, but could the reason that they occur in clusters like they do, be that they are caught in a time-slip? This could also be the reason that we have so little physical evidence of them. My speculation is that they are caught in a time-slip and then they are returned to their 'correct' time.

Speculation? I concede that it is. And while I am the one to advance this theory, it is not one that I am 'married' to, if you know my meaning.

So then, I ask what argues against this theory?

So then, I ask what argues against this theory?

The world moves round the sun, the sun moves round the Galaxy, the Galaxy moves in the universe. If an animal slips into tomorrow it slips into empty space as the planet is no longer there.

An alternative theory that covers the bases is that we exist in a simulation and the simulation has glitches related to storage/memory. These glitches get fixed when they get noticed by the simulated inhabitants ;)

The world moves round the sun, the sun moves round the Galaxy, the Galaxy moves in the universe. If an animal slips into tomorrow it slips into empty space as the planet is no longer there.
No, Einstein established that time and space are relative - in other words, there is no absolute time or space.

I've discussed this before - if you say 'the planet is no longer there' you need to explain where 'there' is. What is this position relative to? The earth, the sun, the centre of the galaxy? Since Einstein also explained gravity in his general theory, it seems to me that the most consistent way of thinking about time or dimension slips, or ghosts even, is to assume that these things remain trapped by the strongest gravitational field locally. So all things that originate on earth somehow remain on earth, or at least within its gravitational sphere of influence.

No, Einstein established that time and space are relative - in other words, there is no absolute time or space.

I've discussed this before - if you say 'the planet is no longer there' you need to explain where 'there' is. What is this position relative to? The earth, the sun, the centre of the galaxy? Since Einstein also explained gravity in his general theory, it seems to me that the most consistent way of thinking about time or dimension slips, or ghosts even, is to assume that these things remain trapped by the strongest gravitational field locally. So all things that originate on earth somehow remain on earth, or at least within its gravitational sphere of influence.
Quite so. And the time-slips that I am aware of (the one in Kansas, for example) tend to occur at the same place where the person was at in the present. The two English ladies visiting Versaille in 1900 saw events that were in the past in Versaille. The two English couples who stayed at the charming French inn, were in the same location, only in a different, earlier time. The off-duty policeman mentioned earlier in the thread was in the same location as well, only in a different time. The people involved don't tend to go to say, ancient Egypt, from modern-day London; they almost always stay in the same location, but in the location's past.

So then, is time a local phenomenon? It would certainly seem to have for lack of a better term, 'local aspects' to it. What does anyone else think?

Quite so. And the time-slips that I am aware of (the one in Kansas, for example) tend to occur at the same place where the person was at in the present. The two English ladies visiting Versaille in 1900 saw events that were in the past in Versaille. The two English couples who stayed at the charming French inn, were in the same location, only in a different, earlier time. The off-duty policeman mentioned earlier in the thread was in the same location as well, only in a different time. The people involved don't tend to go to say, ancient Egypt, from modern-day London; they almost always stay in the same location, but in the location's past.

So then, is time a local phenomenon? It would certainly seem to have for lack of a better term, 'local aspects' to it. What does anyone else think?
Reocourin

Recurring locational specific time slips? ... go on then .. I'm in.

Have a Twinkie .... go on .. you .. you've earned it.

twinkie.jpg

I'm wondering if sometimes time-slips occur more often, but they aren't noticed as they involve shorter shifts, say a week or a year or so.

ETA The localization could be because of the geography of the place. If there are no differences in the locale in the two times then the time-slip is fixed in place. If there are large changes then it can wander .

Last edited:
Back