• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Moon Landing: Hoaxed?

Actual satellite pictures, courtesy of Phil Plait
Funny how the distance from the earth to the sun is almost exactly proportional to the distance from the earth to the moon so as make them both appear exactly the same size.

Moon_zpshygfqb1t.gif

Yes, that's another one. Trouble is, I have a vivid imagination and if I start thinking about the vast scale of heavenly bodies like planets I can really freak myself out for the rest of the day, sort of a "don't think of the blue monkey" type thing.

It's a bit peculiar what does and doesn't trigger that with me, I'm ok with the Earth in that gif as it's almost abstract at that sort of scale, google maps on the other hand are really unnerving, there's a sense like I could fall into it... similar to Jupiter when you get close ups of the clouds, it's something about the sense of depth.

It's a bit peculiar what does and doesn't trigger that with me, I'm ok with the Earth in that gif as it's almost abstract at that sort of scale, google maps on the other hand are really unnerving, there's a sense like I could fall into it... similar to Jupiter when you get close ups of the clouds, it's something about the sense of depth.

Reminds me of the title sequence to kids geography series Near and Far. Positively vertiginous!

According to a recent poll 52% of British people believe the moon landings were faked.

10% believe the Loch Ness monster is real. 5% believe dragons were real, but 64% believe dinosaurs weren't.

Lastly 24% "believe in extraterrestrials". (I'm not sure what that actually means - believing in the existence of life elsewhere in the universe doesn't necessarily mean you think aliens are zipping around Texas in flying saucers being evil to cows.)

So more people think the moon landings were faked than believe that dinosaurs existed? That's a really sad indictment of people's thought processes. Far too easy to blame Channel 5 or Quest for all those silly documentaries, I suppose...

Seriously, though - 64% don't believe in dinosaurs?! Where do folk come up with these ideas?

According to a recent poll 52% of British people believe the moon landings were faked [...] 5% believe dragons were real, but 64% believe dinosaurs weren't.

Lastly 24% "believe in extraterrestrials". (I'm not sure what that actually means - believing in the existence of life elsewhere in the universe doesn't necessarily mean you think aliens are zipping around Texas in flying saucers being evil to cows.)

The bit about the dragons is easily explained: an ancient racial memory of our reptilian overlords encoded into the holographic matrix (at a lower vibrational level).

I'm a bit stuck on the rest, but suspect YouTube has an awful lot to answer for.

The world’s conspiracy theorists are celebrating today – the 47th anniversary of the first claim that the moon landings were nothing more than an elaborate ruse.

Just 24 hours after pictures of Neil Armstrong’s giant lunar step were beamed back to earth, the first publicly recognised theory of a fake moon landing appeared.

http://newsthump.com/2016/07/20/con...ebrate-47th-anniversary-of-fake-moon-landing/

It's funny how up until 500 years ago most people around the Middle East, including the Isrealites and the Egyptians who built the pyramids with supreme mathematical precision, excepted a model of the cosmos that was similar to this.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The world’s conspiracy theorists are celebrating today – the 47th anniversary of the first claim that the moon landings were nothing more than an elaborate ruse.

Umm, @Tribble ....presumably you do realise that this website http://newsthump.com is just satire, and not really meaning anything that it says?

@Elsupremo ....this is neoclassic concave/semi-flat/non-globular earth geosophy. Intriguing, but please be careful not to deflect the Moon 'hoax' thread.

And.... one the most-important aspects of showmanship (and societal control) is group influence by distraction.

Don't look at my right hand....you'd be a total idiot to look at what my right hand's doing. Making pictures.

Yes, you should watch my left hand. My sensible left hand. Keep focussed....An appendage which is expressing extreme sentiments of doubt regarding an action...an activity. Which definitely took place, because obviously it did. And you/we/conventionality can laugh together at those who doubt that an incontrovertable trip took place nearly seven times.

Thankfully no-one noticed what my write right hand was doing. With it's convincing pictures. Inarguable portraits of proof.

Apollo imagery makes very little sense.

Focus on that perspective, long and hard, and forget blind alleyways regarding moon hoax hoax-theories. They are just circular distractions, diversions. I offer no explanations, as yet, regarding the imagery but I am stubborn.

Analysis of the pictures constantly results in raising more questions than it does answers..
moonTape.jpg

moonLamp.jpg

Actually Freemasonry seems to endorse the Biblical model. I say seems because I am speculating. You see the compass stands for the dome or firmament which is covering the circle of the earth. The square stands for the foundation of the earth. Now this next part is very important because as a carpenter myself I know that a foundation does not move. Orbit or rotate. Now the G stands for the sun which is under the firmament which is symbolized by the compass. Yes, under the dome as is the moon and the so called stars.

Last edited:
Umm, @Tribble ....presumably you do realise that this website http://newsthump.com is just satire, and not really meaning anything that it says?

@Elsupremo ....this is neoclassic concave/semi-flat/non-globular earth geosophy. Intriguing, but please be careful not to deflect the Moon 'hoax' thread.

And.... one the most-important aspects of showmanship (and societal control) is group influence by distraction.

Don't look at my right hand....you'd be a total idiot to look at what my right hand's doing. Making pictures.

Yes, you should watch my left hand. My sensible left hand. Keep focussed....An appendage which is expressing extreme sentiments of doubt regarding an action...an activity. Which definitely took place, because obviously it did. And you/we/conventionality can laugh together at those who doubt that an incontrovertable trip took place nearly seven times.

Thankfully no-one noticed what my write right hand was doing. With it's convincing pictures. Inarguable portraits of proof.

Apollo imagery makes very little sense.

Focus on that perspective, long and hard, and forget blind alleyways regarding moon hoax hoax-theories. They are just circular distractions, diversions. I offer no explanations, as yet, regarding the imagery but I am stubborn.

Analysis of the pictures constantly results in raising more questions than it does answers..
moonTape.jpg

moonLamp.jpg
My point is that 500 years ago a couple of Mason's, Kepler and Coppernicus proposed the Heliocentric Theory and five hundred year hence Freemason astronauts have gone to the moon as well as that other thing and have told us and shown with gif. Images that their forerunners were correct.

I just want to point out that the map shown earlier is a creationist thing, not a part of ancient egyptian beliefs.

image.jpeg
I just want to point out that the map shown earlier is a creationist thing, not a part of ancient egyptian beliefs.
You are correct. The only other reasonable facsimile of the Egyptian cosmos is this one.
This the earliest image of the Cosmos I could find. If you google Egyptian Cosmology you will see other images that show the goddess covering Geb is Nuit and the stars are covering her body which represents the firmament or dome and the sun and the moon are her head and .... Respectively . So all of the celestial luminaries are under the firmament just as it states in the holy dribble

Last edited:
"moon hoax not"

Excellent! Made several points I'd not heard before. :D

Nice to get an expert opinion, not on the possibility of the Moon Landing, but on the possibility of faking it!

'Moon Hoax Not'......brilliant comments and that should put the whole thing to rest but I'm sure conspiracy believers will just say he's part of the conspiracy and claim he's wrong....without ever rebutting his facts.

Why do people want to believe the Moon landings were faked?

Of course, you can quibble over the evidence. But I think people generally tend to form their opinions based on emotions, and only then look for evidence that supports their choice of opinion.

Self image is another factor, of course. In a sense, my opinions only fully exist when I'm in the act of displaying them to others. An opinion is inevitably also a performance.

So if I say "I don't believe NASA landed on the Moon," what effect am I hoping to achieve? How am I portraying myself?

Essentially, I'm rejecting a heroic collective myth of our time (notice how people still say "WE went to the Moon"). And by rejecting it, I show that I am superior to it, and therefore superior to you who believe it.

All iconoclasts are surely supreme egotists first, and radicals only second.

Consider how fond conspiracy theorists are of describing others as "sheeple". Sheeple believe in myth, but I have overcome myth, and in doing so have also overcome you.

I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this now. Oh, didn't he ramble...

Of course, you can quibble over the evidence. But I think people generally tend to form their opinions based on emotions, and only then look for evidence that supports their choice of opinion.

Self image is another factor, of course. In a sense, my opinions only fully exist when I'm in the act of displaying them to others. An opinion is inevitably also a performance.

So if I say "I don't believe NASA landed on the Moon," what effect am I hoping to achieve? How am I portraying myself?

Essentially, I'm rejecting a heroic collective myth of our time (notice how people still say "WE went to the Moon"). And by rejecting it, I show that I am superior to it, and therefore superior to you who believe it.

Consider how fond conspiracy theorists are of describing others as "sheeple". Sheeple believe in myth, but I have overcome myth, and in doing so have also overcome you.

People disbelieving what is commonly believed in their day goes back to Martin Luther, Kepler, Coppernicus and tons of others not to mention our hypocritical founding fathers.

Yes, but some people do seem to be attracted to conspiracy theories so they can have that smug feeling that they are not as dumb as the rest, that they are the only ones not being duped.

Yes, but some people do seem to be attracted to conspiracy theories so they can have that smug feeling that they are not as dumb as the rest, that they are the only ones not being duped.
Well it is true that a friend of mine with an MBA from Harvard refused to shake my hand after I beat him at "Trivial Pursuit" of all things, since I only have a high school diploma. Let's not forget that statement by the infamous J.C. about throwing pearls to swine.

Au contraire: an intelligently thought-provoking prompt.

Although I'm sure you missed some kind of obscure gem of a pun with `sheeple` and rambling`...somewhere in there!

Yeah, that's a different thing.
Come on now, if something that seemed perfectly obvious and another person just could not comprehend it, would you feel a somewhat missionary zeal at trying to convert them. At least as far as conspiracies are concerned don't worry, you are in the majority and the burden of proof is on them and the average person will think they sound ridiculous. So with all the chips stacked against them, you won't let them have smugness.

Back