• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

No idea of the location or back story but I'm willing to bet she is currently wading through 837 PM requests and thinking; "Why did I ever post on Reddit?" :D
I'm highly suspicious of this story. First off, her excuse for not posting information that she claims she found out, just does not ring true. Even if some dreadful events happened in that house and the relations of those involved were still alive today, there are ways to easily share the information and not mention names. Particularly bearing in mind that she was prepared to private message people with information. Kind-of reminds me of the story on here many yeas ago about a petrol station that appeared to be part of a classic timeslip tale. The story was a real doozy but the author seemed to have a lot of excuses as to why there was a lack of proof.

Ah, the transdimentional gas station thread..I quite liked that one.
Ahh yes, that's the one, honeyplanet. I was registered here under a different name but various computers and forgetting what name and email I'd signed in under means I am now posting as the LauraRoslin avatar. But, back to the transdimensional petrol station, that you're clearly familiar with, do you feel a little suspicious over it? Or, the reddit tale? Regardless, the link lead me to some great tales including those of the high and low seas and for that, I'm most appreciative.

Ahh yes, that's the one, honeyplanet. I was registered here under a different name but various computers and forgetting what name and email I'd signed in under means I am now posting as the LauraRoslin avatar. But, back to the transdimensional petrol station, that you're clearly familiar with, do you feel a little suspicious over it? Or, the reddit tale? Regardless, the link lead me to some great tales including those of the high and low seas and for that, I'm most appreciative.

The TDGS is one of my favourites too. It may be true, it may not - I hope it is but we will probably never know.
Here is the link for anyone who has no idea what we are talking about:

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/the-transdimensional-gas-station.23173/

Is there a way to mark the TDGS so that the board doesn't purge it? (No idea if the new board does such things, but thought it was important enough to ask.)

Is there a way to mark the TDGS so that the board doesn't purge it? (No idea if the new board does such things, but thought it was important enough to ask.)
"Important enough..."?

It's probably just another tumbleweed that rolls through our overloaded data banks, and looks interesting for a while, and then crumbles away to dust.

(But may leave seeds that spring to life after a fall of rain!)

"Important enough..."?

It's probably just another tumbleweed that rolls through our overloaded data banks, and looks interesting for a while, and then crumbles away to dust.

(But may leave seeds that spring to life after a fall of rain!)
...duuuust in the wiiiind.......
...all our posts are dust in the wiiiind.....

Last edited:
Apologies for lost "periods of time" again ...
More reddit weirdness

By this time, I was so confused because he's holding a cage with two rats. Then he proceeded to get two sachets of Veet, a bag of Doritos and toothpaste. He asked me if anybody's outside and I told him, no. So he gave me 1000 pesos (around $25), told me to keep the change then ran outside. I tried to give him his change still, but I tripped so I decided just to keep it.
Gold.

Last edited:
I'd love to believe! But my gut instinct tells me it's just a fabulous story :(

Not sure whether this belongs on the 'Ghost' board. If it does, would a kindly mod please remove it? But it's a link same as the others on this thread, so I thought I would put it here first.

http://forums.officer.com/t131677/

Allegedly true ghosts stories reported by policemen. I haven't had time to look at it yet but it might be interesting to some?

Most of the stories are run of the mill....one or two gems in there....this one strikes me a new twist to ghost stories.

My radio worked absolutely fine. Just then, that commercial for the movie "Fourth Kind" played on my FM radio... I immediately became spooked. A couple of miles down the road, I called another check and got nothing but loud static. Since I was near the end of my check, I decided to turn around, and when I did I froze. Tons and tons of eyes staring at me from in the water, in the trees, and on the road. I couldn't tell whether they were alligators or what not, but I flew back East to familiar territory.

Had a glitch whilst at a youth football match with my son. He was warming up with his team and I wondered over to get a coffee from the food stall. I waited my turn and was asked
"what can I get ya, mate"
"Just a coffee please" I replied.
"Milk n sugar?", he asked.
"Just black thanks" and with that he walked to the other end of the stall where the coffee machine was. I turned around to scan the pitches to see if my lads game had started. When I turned back to the vendor he was back in his original position, with no coffee!
"What can I get ya, mate?"...
We had the same conservation word for word, and for some reason I didn't bring it up with him. I just felt bemused and in my English way thought it may have been my mistake!? I was the only customer there so he wasn't confusing me with anyone else. I felt uneasy for the rest of the day.

Had a glitch whilst at a youth football match with my son. He was warming up with his team and I wondered over to get a coffee from the food stall. I waited my turn and was asked
"what can I get ya, mate"
"Just a coffee please" I replied.
"Milk n sugar?", he asked.
"Just black thanks" and with that he walked to the other end of the stall where the coffee machine was. I turned around to scan the pitches to see if my lads game had started. When I turned back to the vendor he was back in his original position, with no coffee!
"What can I get ya, mate?"...
We had the same conservation word for word, and for some reason I didn't bring it up with him. I just felt bemused and in my English way thought it may have been my mistake!? I was the only customer there so he wasn't confusing me with anyone else. I felt uneasy for the rest of the day.
That is pretty weird.
There is the possibility that he has short term memory problems, but that is unlikely.

You know how I just said I'd been feeling glitchy? Well, today it got a bit stranger. In my opinion, anyway.
I'll try to be brief.

At Christmas time I often struggle with disturbing childhood memories. One that's been most intrusive lately is about a place called Liberty Hill.

I've been trying to beat this back by focusing on happier memories instead. This time, I'd been recalling an adventurous holiday spent with someone who carried their money in a gold clip. (A big part of this adventure was that they kept losing their money and finding it again at random.:p) This person is the only one I've ever known who used a money clip instead of a wallet, btw.

This being the case - and considering that odd things have been happening all week - I was very startled when I woke up from a nap and saw a gold money clip on the nightstand.

I went to hunt down the source, which turned out to be my 15 year-old son. He said he'd been messing around in the back yard rockpile when he'd found an old jewelry case. The clip was inside. The box was stained and battered, but the clip itself was mostly unharmed. No one had ever seen it before.

I admit that I was feeling this was a good sign, that a symbol of my pleasant memory had appeared instead of the bad one. Then he brought me the box, which had the brand name inside. No prizes for guessing what it was. Of course, it was Liberty Hill - the very thing I'd been trying to avoid.

But wait, the cosmic joker isn't done yet!

I lifted the lining of the box and there was a certificate from the store where it was bought. It was from a place called Things Remembered.
:cry:

You know how I just said I'd been feeling glitchy? Well, today it got a bit stranger. In my opinion, anyway.
I'll try to be brief.

At Christmas time I often struggle with disturbing childhood memories. One that's been most intrusive lately is about a place called Liberty Hill.

I've been trying to beat this back by focusing on happier memories instead. This time, I'd been recalling an adventurous holiday spent with someone who carried their money in a gold clip. (A big part of this adventure was that they kept losing their money and finding it again at random.:p) This person is the only one I've ever known who used a money clip instead of a wallet, btw.

This being the case - and considering that odd things have been happening all week - I was very startled when I woke up from a nap and saw a gold money clip on the nightstand.

I went to hunt down the source, which turned out to be my 15 year-old son. He said he'd been messing around in the back yard rockpile when he'd found an old jewelry case. The clip was inside. The box was stained and battered, but the clip itself was mostly unharmed. No one had ever seen it before.

I admit that I was feeling this was a good sign, that a symbol of my pleasant memory had appeared instead of the bad one. Then he brought me the box, which had the brand name inside. No prizes for guessing what it was. Of course, it was Liberty Hill - the very thing I'd been trying to avoid.

But wait, the cosmic joker isn't done yet!

I lifted the lining of the box and there was a certificate from the store where it was bought. It was from a place called Things Remembered.
:cry:
You really are the freakiest person. Ever. :p

he'd found an old jewelry case. The clip was inside. The box was stained and battered, but the clip itself was mostly unharmed.
Does it look like this one, on EBay USA?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201729073992
Things to Remember Money Clip and KeyChain by Liberty Hill
$_3.JPG

$_1.JPG

Fascinating story. You know own the direction of the narrative.

That clip represents ownership, and you now possess it.

Your son, the hunter, has found it, and presented it to the rightful possessor. You are empowered by this experience.

Merry Xmas!

Cats are just highly engineered hacks in the matrix
Yes.

I, personally, have a very-cautious relationship with cats...

Cats
"Cats no less liquid than their shadows
Offer no angles to the wind.
They slip, diminished, neat through loopholes
Less than themselves; will not be pinned

To rules or routes for journeys; counter
Attack with non-resistance; twist
Enticing through the curving fingers
And leave an angered empty fist.

They wait obsequious as darkness
Quick to retire, quick to return;
Admit no aim or ethics; flatter
With reservations; will not learn

To answer to their names; are seldom
Truly owned till shot or skinned.
Cats no less liquid than their shadows
Offer no angles to the wind"

ASJ Tessimond

You really are the freakiest person. Ever. :p

Nope, not until I randomly answer a pay phone somewhere and it turns out to be a long lost friend looking for me. :D

Does it look like this one, on EBay USA?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201729073992

The clip is plain gold, but the brand and case are the same. If my 'puter hadn't finally bit the dust, I'd post a picture.
If I can figure out how to do it from my phone, I will.

Fascinating story. You know own the direction of the narrative.

That clip represents ownership, and you now possess it.

Your son, the hunter, has found it, and presented it to the rightful possessor. You are empowered by this experience.

Merry Xmas!

Thanks, Ermintrude. I was secretly hoping something along these lines. Sometimes symbolism in real life is so strong it's practically shouting at you. :)

Minor but disturbing glitch today. After a bath my wife offered to throw me some lounge / night clothes from the floor above. She threw - I caught.

What I caught was green check bottoms and a blue top with a grey pocket. I was disappointed as the only green bottoms I have are uncomfortable, a bit tight and have rough seams.

I went into our bathroom to put them on. It was blue bottoms and grey striped top.

Hardly earth shattering and changes nothing but you know it's a bit odd innit?

but you know it's a bit odd innit?
This may have been an instance of an optical illusion caused by the opthalmic limitations of your eyes, named (appropriately, since you perceived a change to bottoms) "Benham's Top".

See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-different-shade-viewer-no-one-knows-why.html

Fechner Colours (or Pattern Induced Flicker Colours) can arise from the apparent movement of contrasting colours, especially if the background lighting is not sunlight (ie electrical, therefore with a spectral luminance content bias, eg fluorescent or halogen, particularly, rather than traditional-incandescent).

This would emphasise visual contrast, potentially creating patterns from folds/weave, which then would've/could've created a Benham colour change.

This might be a repeatable effect, although the experiment would not compensate for:
  • Precise lighting levels as a compound mix (so, you'd need to allow for outdoor / indoor light content duplication, by timing)
  • Not tracking the moving trousers (visual follow) I feel the relative movement of your head and eyes, in relation to the 'flyng trousers' will have played a part. If you're readied for seeing something, your cortical processing will un-blur it (like a pan-and-follow camera shot).
  • Rotational content within the overall movement path of the trousers. Very difficult to fully-replicate or repeat.
I think we can rule-out Doppler/red shift (unless you wife is exceedingly-strong).

I would prefer a more Fortean explanation, but the rule of Occam's Trousers annoyingly comes into play. Probably...

This may have been an instance of an optical illusion caused by the opthalmic limitations of your eyes, named (appropriately, since you perceived a change to bottoms) "Benham's Top".

See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-different-shade-viewer-no-one-knows-why.html

Fechner Colours (or Pattern Induced Flicker Colours) can arise from the apparent movement of contrasting colours, especially if the background lighting is not sunlight (ie electrical, therefore with a spectral luminance content bias, eg fluorescent or halogen, particularly, rather than traditional-incandescent).

This would emphasise visual contrast, potentially creating patterns from folds/weave, which then would've/could've created a Benham colour change.

This might be a repeatable effect, although the experiment would not compensate for:
  • Precise lighting levels as a compound mix (so, you'd need to allow for outdoor / indoor light content duplication, by timing)
  • Not tracking the moving trousers (visual follow) I feel the relative movement of your head and eyes, in relation to the 'flyng trousers' will have played a part. If you're readied for seeing something, your cortical processing will un-blur it (like a pan-and-follow camera shot).
  • Rotational content within the overall movement path of the trousers. Very difficult to fully-replicate or repeat.
I think we can rule-out Doppler/red shift (unless you wife is exceedingly-strong).

I would prefer a more Fortean explanation, but the rule of Occam's Trousers annoyingly comes into play. Probably...

Probably, but green check trousers and a plain tshirt with a contrasting pocket mistaken for blue trousers and a striped tshirt with no pocket? In good light, while looking at them in my hands thinking bah! anything but these?

If you suggested I entered some fugue state and changed them with no memory I could entertain the possibility but less convinced by optical illusion.

It was insignificant I know but a really WTF moment.

At a quick glance though you could've got it wrong and immediately accepted what you'd seen, so had no need to look again and check.

Had things like this happen to me, no big deal. You just have to accept that you're wrong sometimes. Hard, I know. ;)

A few days ago I bought two bags of groceries, took them home, unpacked them and found about 5 items missing. Ransacked the place and car for them, no sign.

I can only conclude that I changed my mind about them and didn't buy them after all, and then forgot about putting them back. It was after work when I was tired.

Like just now, when I was dozing in bed and I heard my mobile ring, just once. It's the old-fashioned phone bell tone. I thought, that's funny, just one ring? and started drifting off again, and then heard the text tone.

So I'd actually been woken by the text tone but misinterpreted it as a ring. Got it wrong because I was half asleep, but I definitely heard a ring. But I didn't.

And now I have to get up. :cry:

Back