• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Under the heading of 'you couldn't make it up,' I give you:

"Fidget spinner injury forces actress to withdraw from festival"

From the Irish Examiner,

"A talented actress has been forced to withdraw from her biggest Irish stage role after suffering a concussion in a freak fidget spinner accident, writes Eoin English.

Doctors have ordered West Cork-raised, London-based, Ayoola Smart, 22, to rest for up to two weeks after diagnosing the head injury after last week’s incident at the Wilton shopping centre in Cork. She was standing in a shop when a child standing nearby lost control of the gadget and she was struck behind one of her ears."

Full story here.

The Courier has a thing about zombies as this reassuring headline from a few years back shows.
285398_146087815473215_3654816_n.jpg

"Cement, glue and metal fastenings were used . . . "

I prefer to retain a certain mystique about the whole business, myself . . . :rolleyes:

"Cement, glue and metal fastenings were used . . . "

I prefer to retain a certain mystique about the whole business, myself . . . :rolleyes:

The lingerie page of his aunt's Grattan catalogue was used...

Well, I've just learned 2 new terms.

They likely kick em in the stones and if they don't collapse in a heap they pass.

If Mr Flood is telling the truth, I feel this is unfair treatment .. unusual circumstances of course but what else was he supposed to do ? (apart from remembering that he'd shat into a high tec tupperware container) .

He was rather careless and had a crap excuse.

I do feel sorry for him. I suffer a bit from IBS myself, but I'm usually careful not to make it obvious.
He did let himself down, though. What else could his employer do?

If Mr Flood is telling the truth, I feel this is unfair treatment .. unusual circumstances of course but what else was he supposed to do ? (apart from remembering that he'd shat into a high tec tupperware container) .

There's more to this story than meets the eye.

Mr Flood was himself a director and shareholder of Limerick Pharma Logistics.

A boardroom feud? Industrial sabotage?

Yup, more or less.
I've only found 4 people called John Flood that seem to be based in Ireland on Facebook .... and then I found this comic book character called John Flood .. so this story might be false/a prank/publicity stunt to sell comic books ? ..

https://www.facebook.com/search/?q=John Flood Cavan, Ireland&searchtype=people

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=john flood comic&sa=X&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiNtLG8gZTWAhXMalAKHU0vA_YQsAQIMg&biw=1242&bih=557

Last edited:
Nope, I believe it was the kid trying to steal the poodles bike

So cute! Obviously set up.

Back